TEKsystems Technical Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated 26 Aug 2015

3.2

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I first had an interview over the phone. It was super helpful, after my interview, the recruiter gave me pointers on what to focus on and to prepare for the in person interview. The in person interview was a little intimidating mainly because I heard the person interviewing me was intimidating and brutal. He cut to the chase and wanted to know specific details, why this and why that to just about everything. More about my personal life than my work experience and skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

The initial interview process did not take a long time to undergo. After applying online, one of the HR personnel contacts you, usually via phone, and conducts a brief interview to see if there is a reason to move forward with the process. Then, if there is good chemistry, they'll set up an interview with you at one of the branch offices. After the interview, it took a long time to hear back from the company even after calling the interviewer multiple times.

Interview Questions

• What can you do help TekSystems fulfill its mission and vision? What are three strengths? What's one area of weakness?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

They are looking for competitive, driven, motivated, and fun individuals to work for them. They will phone screen you then a one on one with the director followed by a lunch or dinner panel interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions to get to know who you are as a person and want to know what drives and motivates you. They expect you to be vulnerable with each other and really put everything out there.   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The initial interview was a phone screen with DBO. I was instructed to find a few recruiters who work for TEKsystems and call them to ask about the role, expectations, hardest part, easiest part, etc. After that was completed I called the DBO back and then an onsite interview with the DBO was scheduled. I also met with 4 Account Manager's. I did a 1/2 day, where I sat with a few different recruiters so I could see first hand what some of their day to day duties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed. What motivates you? What is the hardest thing you have had to overcome?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week or two I was contacted by a regional recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard - tell me about yourself, are you competitive, why sales/recruiting, describe for me a time when, etc. I was moved to the second round of interviews in which I did a branch visit and panel interview with the branch manager and an account manager. They were very polite and engaging. Prior to the interview you fill out a background report with experience and they used that to guide the interview, which lasted about an hour and a half. Following the interview they said they would be in contact with me within the next week and if I didn't hear from them then I should call. Well, I didn't hear from them. I sent them both follow up thank you emails, only heard back from the ranch manager saying he would be in contact with me soon. Another week goes by, no word. I sent another email on a Thursday mornjng inquiring where they were I the process and that I was still very interested. No word back. I called on Monday, no answer. I called on Tuesday and finally got the branch manager who informed me that I interviews all and I was an ideal candidate, but they wee going with someone else. eexpernice

Interview Questions

• What makes you competitive? Give an example of teamwork? How do you communicate and deal with criticism?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

It's a screening interview so you have to make sure to say the right things, be a company man/woman. They want to make sure that you see your future with the company. They have an intensive training process, so I don't think they want to waste it on someone who will leave their company after a year or two.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the hardest things you've ever had to do/accomplish?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

First there was the screening phone call, where you really had to sell your love for sales and money as a main motivator if you wanted to get through. Next there was the in-office interview. Very intimate and lasted for almost two hours. Be prepared to go back into high school. They want to know your motivations (financial) and to see that you are an agressive sales-type who can also share some personal stories. Finally is the half-day shadow, where you will go into the office and spend half a day with select employees. Make sure to ask a lot of questions and do your best to stand out!

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is a great leader? What are your weaknesses? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Inappropriate. Phone interview, online assessment, in person panel interview, half day at office. They seem nice and like a great company but the questions I was asked were a good bit too personal for a job interview especially with someone that would be your future boss. Was asked what my parents do, what my significant other did, how long we had been together, personal hardships, who else I was interviewing with... along with many other questions like that... Wish I had asked how these questions pertained to the job I was interviewing for...

Interview Questions

• What do your parents do? Tell me your life story... What does your significant other do?   Answer Question

Did not want to work in a place that conducted such unprofessional interviews.. Turn over rate is 35%

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

WORST INTERVIEW EVER! The process consisted of three steps: Phone Interview, In person interview, and finally a half-day in the office. The phone interview was very nice and professional. When I can in for the in person interview, things seemed to go well at first. However, half way through the interview, my interviewer asked me to describe some character flaws that I have struggled with in the past. They spent the majority of the interview ripping me apart and looking for different faults in my character. They asked very uncomfortable questions about personal life and came across as very unprofessional. They asked me to come in for a half day after the interview and I accepted in spite of my better instincts. When I came in for the half day, other members of the management team grilled me about issues they assumed that I had. It was an overall negative experience in which the interviewers did everything possible to make other people around them feel small. Life is too short to work with people who treat others this way.

Interview Questions

• "I think people might have a hard time getting along with you. Why do you think that is?"   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

A lot of very personal questions were asked during the interview. For example, I was asked what my parents did for a living. Many very personal questions were asked. I did not feel uncomfortable but a little overwhelmed with how much she wanted to know about me. This could be good or bad. Be careful how you answer questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.