Tableau Software Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 498 of over 498 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Very well organized and I received great support to prepare and assess each stage of the process from HR and the hiring manager. I was able to get answers to my questions along the way both via email and from live responses.

Interview Questions
  • What were examples of successful returns you achieved with your assigned partners?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX) in Jun 2021

Interview

First interview was with the recruiter and she seemed great. She set me up with the hiring manager the very next day and we had a wonderful conversation. I was assured many times by bot that the recruiter would be with me every step of the way. Nope, they did the unprofessional ghosting tactic. She didn't even have the courtesy to respond to my follow up email. Luckily they use Workday so I was able to log in and see that I was no longer under consideration. You would think a company like Tableau would behave a little better.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

One of the most positive interview experiences I have had to date. Everyone in the organization is professional, personable, and smart. Questions asked were very relevant to my role, and they didn’t go through them like it was rehearsed, but made an effort to have a genuine conversation with me. I enjoyed speaking with all of them. They also moved quickly, and made me feel like they respected my time. The HR person got back to me with feedback right away, and even though I didn’t get the job, I felt like they valued my time. Tableau seems like an amazing place to work, and I would definitely apply again if the opportunity arises!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Interviewed in 2019 for the product consultant role. Interviews included behavioral and take home-style evaluations. Overall, it was a great experience, but the compensation eventually offered was pretty lackluster. Ended up turning it down for a more competitive offer.

Interview Questions
  • I can't recall specific questions, but I remember other interview overviews were pretty on-point.

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The interview process took 3.5 weeks. I was first contacted by a recruiter to ensure my skillset aligned to the customer success organization. Then met with the hiring manager. Once I was in the clear - they scheduled a interview loop with 5 other people including a peer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about time when you received difficult feedback o from your manager?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (Austin, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn, the recruiter scheduled the first round in hakerrank coding challenge, then virtual onsite interview. Virtual onside was 5hours, first two rounds are coding, 2 questions each, one round desgin, its about data governance desgin, one round by director for an hour, one round by hiring manager he asked some coding and design. The Director round is a bit unusual for an hour!! No direction in the discussion. The desing round also very vague!

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode medium-range problems, and some leetcode design-related problems, eg: log limiter, increasing stack etc. Design in-memory cache, design about data governance.

Tableau Software

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

few processes and the key part is a demo call with panels. It was quite interesting . The recruiter was great to lead the process. I felt a little bit comfortable to communicate with people. Now I think people do not need to get demo call for this position anymore.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions and business questions to see how I react

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

The process with the recruiter was easy to schedule the interviews. The actual interview was a panel process with managers in multiple departments. I had 2 follow up interviews that were scheduled over a 3 week period. The actual interview process was long and drawn out. I had to send multiple emails to follow up to find out I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tableau Software

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

Really informative and quick recruiter call, very sterile and vague hiring manager call. I was rescheduled and given another hiring manager to speak to who seemed very uninterested in what I had to say. Seemed like a waste of an hour between both of us and I never really got any sort of real answer for my questions about the company and further clarification on the role.

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared to talk about analytics a lot. Most questions revolved around how you would find data and what models would you use.

Tableau Software

Application

I interviewed at Tableau Software

Interview

People werent sure who was interviewing me. Hiring manager interviewed me a couple times. Once, taking me out into the rain (not just sprinkes, rain) to a coffee shop across the street. I was wet and hair was soaked for last 2 interviews. Almost a stepford wives culture feel. They continued to tell me I needed to come in and move things in a different direction, add new ideas, etc. but change was not possible unless by consensus. I would not have taken the job had it been offered.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 498 Interviews