Telstra Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Telstra Graduate Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

3.1

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra in May 2020.

Interview

An online application then video interview and psychometric testing (HireVue) followed by a final 1 on 1 interview. I made it to the final stage interview and asked for a reschedule due to personal issues. They didn't get back to me for a few weeks and said they already have chosen their graduates for 2021 and put me on the talent pool.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Telstra

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a group assessment centre and then individual interview. I was kept well informed of the status throughout the whole interview process. Overall it was a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview involved chatting with current graduates, spending 30 minutes in a room working on a case study and presentation with 3 other people, however, we were all presenting our ideas separately to different interviewers.

Then 1 hour interview with hiring manager and a HR representative, which began with the 5 minute presentation of the case study and standard behavioural questions with a few technical questions.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

I applied online, and there were 3 stages after making the application. After a few days I was invited to do online testing, and after getting it confimed they’d received it I waited a few more days for an invitation for a virtual interview. It took a while to get an in person interview - but they sent emails to confirm they were still processing all of the applications. After maybe 2 weeks, I got both emails and phone calls to organise when my interview was and where I wanted to be based.
    The actual interview included a case study (some people got individual ones, others group) which took ~20 minutes, and an individual traditional interview which was 35 minutes (apparently up to 45).

- Online texting was made up of 4(?) sections. Nothing really hard, just things like personality and comprehension testing and a section on mathematics.
    - Virtual Interview was really easy. I got a few questions and could re-record my answers an unlimited amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Telstra?   Answer Question
    • How do you think Telstra’s performing?   Answer Question
    • What obstacles will you overcome working for such a large company?   Answer Question
    • How will you adjust relocating?

**I’d previously confirmed I’d have to relocate to Melbourne for the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, video interview and then final interview if you get through. Make sure to reach out to the recruiters if you don't hear back from them. The graduate team recruiters are the most inefficient team compared to other companies. I had to constantly email to ask for updates, and don't bother using Linkedin, they will never respond. If you know you are capable of landing a graduate role, I will strongly advise trying other big companies out there.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

Online application in February/March. Invitation to complete online testing shortly after, maybe 1/2 days. Video interview next if you satisfactorily pass their online testing - allows you to rerecord and you have 72 hours to submit. This was all completed by late March/early April. Final interview invitation late April. Interviews were apparently held across three weeks starting in first week of May. Feedback and result a week after the interview.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

1. Online applications
    Our selection process begins with an online application. We’ll ask you to submit your CV and academic transcript (cover letters are optional) by the application closing date. Some questions on the application form require a longer written answer, so take your time when completing it – and don’t forget to spell check!

Applications open
    Monday, 26 February 2018

Applications close
    Monday, 19 March 2018

2. Online testing
    If we’re excited by what we see on your application, we’ll send you a link to complete our online assessments. It really isn’t as scary as it might sound. There are two stages, and it kicks off with a Situational Judgment Test. If you successfully complete this stage, you'll receive another email outlining the details of the Inductive Cognitive Reasoning assessment.

3. Recorded video interview
    This stage allows us to see you while we listen to your answers and begin to get to know you a little better. And you’ll love how easy it is to undertake this step in the privacy of your own home (or a location of your choice). All you have to do is record yourself answering set questions – and you can re-record as many times as you like before sending them back to us.

Useful tip: Be aware of your surroundings and prepare answers that showcase your strongest skills before you begin recording.

4. Final Interview
    Nearly there! Our final interviews are with managers from the business and will run for about 45 minutes to an hour. You'll be assessed on an individual case study, behavioural-based interview questions and, where applicable, we'll ask you some technical questions. At this stage, you’ll also hear from the business and get to meet some current grads.

If you make it through the final interview, we’ll run a reference check and background check as the last stage of the selection process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne).

Interview

It was a recorded video interview which allowed us to re-record as many times as we like. Preparation is required as some questions tend to be quite technical. Overall a good learning process.

Interview Questions

• Provide a specific example of when YOU have resolved a complex problem.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Telstra in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was the 2nd stage of the application process after Cognitive reasoning and situational judgement testing. The actual interview was a video recording which you had unlimited recordings for each questions

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to apply for the Telstra Graduate Program? Describe 3 personal attributes or skills that you can bring to Telstra as a Graduate   Answer Question
    • Tell us something about yourself that we wouldn’t learn from reading your resume? What are your passions, interests, hobbies?   Answer Question
    • Describe an IT innovation that has the potential to significantly impact the Telco/Technology Industry. Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney) in April 2018.

Interview

Psychometric testing video interview final interview. The two guys who took my final interview didn't even care about me just wasted my time and wasn't even interested in my responses

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.