Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

For this specific role, they opted for a 4-step Selection Process.

Step 1: Make a 2-minute video clip about one of the given topics (how to rehabilitate Manila, how to revive the OPM/Phil. cinema, hould celebrities join politics and what should be the right percentage of tax). They also said that it has to be creative, informative, and out of the box.

Step 2: A skype interview

Step 3: Group Dynamics

Step 4: 1:1 interview focused on the Data Analytics exercise/assignment. They send a document with performance figures that should be transformed into a Powerpoint presentation.

• Did not proceed with the application
    • Their selection process is too complicated and redundant. The role is for a live chat process and the 2-min. video clip is NOT AT ALL related to the job description
    • Read from other reviews that the company has the tendency to complicate their org structure, processes, and projects.
    • Their previous and current employees also said that they don't have a great culture and compensation package. All of the people I talked to said they want to transfer to other companies.
    • I feel that if their hiring process is this demanding and untelated to the role, there is a tendency that they may demand things like this from their own employees.
    • These information were sent on a Sunday to take place within the next 3 days.
    • They didn't do an initial phone interview to screen the candidates or provide clarifications on expectations.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

It was over Video Conference - the Video unit was not the greatest and felt like perhaps at times when I was answering questions they were looking at my forehead. I get the person I'd be supporting travels a lot but this wasn't the greatest interview experience I've had. I felt comfortable and confident but the setup was not the greatest for a 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience booking travel?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Resume based shortlisting (IIT ; non-circuital branches)

2 coding questions on hackerrank ( dynamic programming) 1 hour

Further shortlisted on the basis of marks .

Ques: Given an array of positive numbers, A the rule is if you select any (say A[i]) you can't select A[i-1] or A[i+1]. What's the best obtainable score?

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Brought in by a recruiter - same day notification. I was interviewed by the VP of Operations. He was very thorough in the interview process. I was hired on the spot with no experience in the industry and successfully negotiated a $5,000 increase after 90 day satisfactory probation period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$5,000 increase after 90 day probation period

Entry Level Interview

Interview

The interview process starts with the Online application then initial screening and online tests then interviews.
    Clear communication regarding the interview type and context between each stage from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Motivation questions
      Time management and multi-tasking related behavior question   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra in May 2020.

Interview

An online application then video interview and psychometric testing (HireVue) followed by a final 1 on 1 interview. I made it to the final stage interview and asked for a reschedule due to personal issues. They didn't get back to me for a few weeks and said they already have chosen their graduates for 2021 and put me on the talent pool.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There was one major step where I had to give the coding exam and the cognitive test. The coding test was fairly simple and the results of the cognitive test were unknown but was very fun. There were also video questions which was a better experience than in most other companies.

Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

The company will review the resume first, and when the company passes the resume, there will be an online test. This online test includes behavior problems as well as programming problems. You can answer programming questions in any programming language you choose.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

In the first round of the selection process, you'll need to complete a video interview and online assessments. The video interview consists of one motivational and six behavioural questions. A set of online assessments, including a cognitive assessment, emotional intelligence assessment and a technical assessment (note: the technical assessment is specific to your chosen Pathway). If you are successful at this stage, the next step is a face-to-face interview for your chosen pathway.

Interview Questions

• Describe the time when you had to make an important decision but you did not have all the information.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.