Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

For this specific role, they opted for a 4-step Selection Process.

Step 1: Make a 2-minute video clip about one of the given topics (how to rehabilitate Manila, how to revive the OPM/Phil. cinema, hould celebrities join politics and what should be the right percentage of tax). They also said that it has to be creative, informative, and out of the box.

Step 2: A skype interview

Step 3: Group Dynamics

Step 4: 1:1 interview focused on the Data Analytics exercise/assignment. They send a document with performance figures that should be transformed into a Powerpoint presentation.

• Did not proceed with the application
    • Their selection process is too complicated and redundant. The role is for a live chat process and the 2-min. video clip is NOT AT ALL related to the job description
    • Read from other reviews that the company has the tendency to complicate their org structure, processes, and projects.
    • Their previous and current employees also said that they don't have a great culture and compensation package. All of the people I talked to said they want to transfer to other companies.
    • I feel that if their hiring process is this demanding and untelated to the role, there is a tendency that they may demand things like this from their own employees.
    • These information were sent on a Sunday to take place within the next 3 days.
    • They didn't do an initial phone interview to screen the candidates or provide clarifications on expectations.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

It was over Video Conference - the Video unit was not the greatest and felt like perhaps at times when I was answering questions they were looking at my forehead. I get the person I'd be supporting travels a lot but this wasn't the greatest interview experience I've had. I felt comfortable and confident but the setup was not the greatest for a 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience booking travel?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Resume based shortlisting (IIT ; non-circuital branches)

2 coding questions on hackerrank ( dynamic programming) 1 hour

Further shortlisted on the basis of marks .

Ques: Given an array of positive numbers, A the rule is if you select any (say A[i]) you can't select A[i-1] or A[i+1]. What's the best obtainable score?

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Brought in by a recruiter - same day notification. I was interviewed by the VP of Operations. He was very thorough in the interview process. I was hired on the spot with no experience in the industry and successfully negotiated a $5,000 increase after 90 day satisfactory probation period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$5,000 increase after 90 day probation period

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Online test, followed by 3 rounds of interviews. First was technical round, 2nd was HR round, and 3rd was Managerial interview. The technical round covers projects, tested technical skills, discussed on internship work, etc. The HR interview included mostly situational questions, decision making, personal experiences, future expectations, etc.

Interview Questions

• Discussed about projects, situational questions, tested skills, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

3 step recruitment process:
    1. Online application, resume, cover letter
    2. Coding challenge, recorded video interview, behavioural games
    3. Case study presentation and behavioural interview

A fairly long process but overall very enjoyable.
    - The turnaround time for an outcome was very quick from the first step of the application. All steps within the recruitment process took place within 30 days.
    - Emails from HR were proactive in notifying of delays to outcomes.
    This was a great experience especially when comparing to other companies (many others don't notify of delays nor do they even give outcomes quite often).

I had a lady from HR pick up on a mistake I made in my application in the first stage (this initially led me to be rejected). If she hadn't picked up on it, I wouldn't have even got through to the first round. The HR team's attention to detail and willingness to read over all applications (even system rejected applications) was impressive.
    HR's responsiveness to emails, and on forums like Whirlpool is definitely also impressive.

The coding challenge was definitely doable - I was unable to answer a question but still progressed to the next stage.

The final interview was made enjoyable because the interviewers and lady from HR were very lovely. They made it a far less confronting experience.
    The presentation was based around Telstra - so advice to applicants would be to learn as much as possible about Telstra and always keep the customer front of mine when answering.
    After the presentation, the questions were fairly common behavioural questions.

HR then call within a day or so to give feedback on your interview performance - I think this is great but maybe should be done during the interview itself.
    They then also ask for your feedback on the recruitment process - it's hard to be honest and give feedback if you're waiting nervously to find out if the interview was successful. Advice would probably be to change this and ask at another point.

I was unsuccessful getting a role but honestly enjoyed the process and would apply to another role.
    Piece of advice to HR and interviewers - the feedback call after an interview is great but I received no constructive feedback. It was a little bit disappointing to not be able to be told any areas of improvement but also not receive an offer. Even small constructive feedback would've been helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you showed initiative   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you failed something and how did you react   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

The first stage included behavioural and online assessments. The next stage was a recorded interview to a set of pretdetermined quesitons. The last stage was an onsite interview with a five minute oral presentation

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when you have utilised a skill, process or technology that you have learnt about at university to achieve a positive outcome on a task? How will these skills, process or technology help you in your internship at Telstra in the Software Engineering pathway?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three rounds
    First Hr
    Second Technical
    Third Managerial
    All rounds seems average. Not high but being honest and interactive is the key.
    In Hr question related to behaviour
    In managerial round, puzzle were asked and bit of technical questions

Interview Questions

• Questions on linked list in technical   1 Answer

Summer Internship Program Interview

Interview

Applied through application portal and was instantly invited to undertake testing. Testing was standard psychometric testing covering logical reasoning, problem solving and soft skills. Application was a simple submission of resume + cover letter etc.

Interview Questions

• Standard psychometric testing used in the application process.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.