Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

For this specific role, they opted for a 4-step Selection Process.

Step 1: Make a 2-minute video clip about one of the given topics (how to rehabilitate Manila, how to revive the OPM/Phil. cinema, hould celebrities join politics and what should be the right percentage of tax). They also said that it has to be creative, informative, and out of the box.

Step 2: A skype interview

Step 3: Group Dynamics

Step 4: 1:1 interview focused on the Data Analytics exercise/assignment. They send a document with performance figures that should be transformed into a Powerpoint presentation.

• Did not proceed with the application
    • Their selection process is too complicated and redundant. The role is for a live chat process and the 2-min. video clip is NOT AT ALL related to the job description
    • Read from other reviews that the company has the tendency to complicate their org structure, processes, and projects.
    • Their previous and current employees also said that they don't have a great culture and compensation package. All of the people I talked to said they want to transfer to other companies.
    • I feel that if their hiring process is this demanding and untelated to the role, there is a tendency that they may demand things like this from their own employees.
    • These information were sent on a Sunday to take place within the next 3 days.
    • They didn't do an initial phone interview to screen the candidates or provide clarifications on expectations.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

It was over Video Conference - the Video unit was not the greatest and felt like perhaps at times when I was answering questions they were looking at my forehead. I get the person I'd be supporting travels a lot but this wasn't the greatest interview experience I've had. I felt comfortable and confident but the setup was not the greatest for a 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience booking travel?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Resume based shortlisting (IIT ; non-circuital branches)

2 coding questions on hackerrank ( dynamic programming) 1 hour

Further shortlisted on the basis of marks .

Ques: Given an array of positive numbers, A the rule is if you select any (say A[i]) you can't select A[i-1] or A[i+1]. What's the best obtainable score?

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Personas Based interview with process and cross functional team experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very cool and the HR's helped to chose the right structure

Senior Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Brought in by a recruiter - same day notification. I was interviewed by the VP of Operations. He was very thorough in the interview process. I was hired on the spot with no experience in the industry and successfully negotiated a $5,000 increase after 90 day satisfactory probation period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$5,000 increase after 90 day probation period

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

7 - 10 Videos interview, programming test (depends on your project, no time limit) and psychometric test (about 30 min). All mediocre questions, not require a high programming level. But no update and then rejected for the next round.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Friendly process the recruiter and also the manager that was interviewing for role. Process could have been faster but they were clear with their communication which is always appreciated.

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Adelaide).

Interview

Unstructured interview process. A series of questions and interviews with various stakeholders about previous experience. As I was part of an acquisition process, it was not the usual interview process however there was a set criteria/ JD that was used for the selection and several interviews to decide the winning candidate.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

The interview process was started with online assessment followed by video screening interview. Online assessment was 90 mins long and included two different kinds of questions. In the video interview, I had to record my answer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney) in December 2020.

Interview

Hirevue online
    I got 35 mins
    They asked me questions and also made me play some games
    Questions regarding how to handle a difficult situation, I talked about myself and how i tackled things throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.