Telstra Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Telstra Interview Questions

Interviews at Telstra

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra.

Interview

Standard graduate program interview process. Applied online. Invitation to complete cognitive reasoning, situational judgement testing and record video interview which allowed us to re-record as many times as we like.

Interview Questions

• When you had to make an important decision but didn’t have all the information
      You needed to do so effectively. Describe the situation, your actions, and the outcome of your final decision.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney) in July 2020.

Interview

The online test is not that hard and the coding test is about the basic data structure and algorithms. The IQ test is not that hard actually. But I didn't get a response from Telstra because of my English. I don't have an English test this year.

Interview Questions

• Coding and quizes. And for the international student, you should have a good English test score.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in July 2020.

Interview

Online application was quick and easy. Once completed I got a link a day later to complete video interview and test (games were pretty good). U were allowed to retake each question 4 times for the Video interview. Received an overview of test results. Ie working styles, communication, working with number etc. Received outcome whether u would make it to the next round a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• What is your motivation for choosing this stream   Answer Question
    • Situations where u required to learn a new skill, technology, instrument etc what promted you to do it   1 Answer
    • How u would bring up your ideas in a group   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in July 2020.

Interview

Complete Online. Self-serving/recording through a portal. 1 Motivational question, 6 behavioural questions, 4 coding challenges and 4 IQ/Maths/Personality quiz. The process was simple and there was a practice session too. You can give the interview within 72 hours of the email sent and can practice as many times as you like.

Interview Questions

• What gets you into your current field of study and how would you define your interest in that field?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Brisbane) in July 2020.

Interview

Video recording using HireVue. Questions consisted of both behavioural questions and personal questions. This was followed by a technical assessment wich included five coding challenges and some games which were mostly analytical.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to make decision   1 Answer

Vacation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in July 2020.

Interview

First had to submit basics - resume, cover letter and academic record. After passing this stage you needed to complete a 3-4 hour online assessment where you record answers to several questions, attempt coding problems and some games.

Data Analytics and Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Telstra (Sydney) in July 2020.

Interview

Online application then I received an email to complete testing within 2 days. Testing approximate time was 160 minutes (I took 210 minutes) with 6 behavioural questions, 4 coding questions and play 4 games.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you built a positive relationship with someone to achieve a better result or to solve a problem. Please describe the situation, your actions, and the outcome.   Answer Question

Network Operation Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Telstra in July 2020.

Interview

over the phone interview. the duration of the interview was 15 minutes. interviewer was very friendly ,gentle in behaviour and polite. the whole process went smoothly. that was a good experience for me.

Interview Questions

• what technical support you have privided to your colleague and staff.   Answer Question

Network Operations Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Telstra (Melbourne) in June 2020.

Interview

I submitted the application online on Telstra website. I got a call from recruiter after couple of weeks. She asked basic background and some technical questions like have you worked on routers and switches, know any programming language etc

Soon after, the interview was organised with the hiring managers. it was an hour long interview on MS Teams.

They asked behavior based questions as well some technical questions. They asked me to draw an end-to-end network diagram. Both the interviews were really amazing and they made me feel very comfortable.

After the interview, I never heard from anyone. Since my interview, the job was advertised four times. Not sure hoe many candidates were they hiring.

Interview Questions

• - Draw an end to end network diagram

- What do you know about/What is your understanding about the role

- Do you have experience in PHP

- Tell us about a time you came up with an innovative idea   1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Interview

The interview process starts with the Online application then initial screening and online tests then interviews.
    Clear communication regarding the interview type and context between each stage from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Motivation questions
      Time management and multi-tasking related behavior question   Answer Question