The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Interview Questions

Updated 11 Dec 2018

2.7

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Interview

Came to career fair at my university, I was allowed to sign up for an interview time without even dropping off a resume. Interviewed, the process was pleasant. After some get-to-know-you questions (school, interests, etc), a few technical questions were asked. I was given paper to write out some pseudo code for a sort.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of ten numbers, sort them from least to greatest.   3 Answers

The job seemed nice, I had heard good things, but the offer was not very competitive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rexburg, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Signed up for interview, and they reviewed my resume. The interview involved soft skill questions as well as some programing questions and problem solving. I had to do some coding some on paper and some on a computer. They notify you several weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with an coworker, and how did you handle that situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herriman, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Herriman, UT (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and followed up with an internal contact who put me in touch with the hiring manager. I was given a take home project which had me build an application based on provided mockups meeting certain specifications. I was then invited in for an in person interview where I met with the tram. They were quick to respond and extend an offer shortly thereafter.

Web Dev Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Provo, UT (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I met with them on career fair, and applied through school's job posting site. I got the on campus interview a week after I applied. During the interview, I was asked a few technical questions about loops, and there were also some code writing questions.

Interview Questions

• write a program that prints the first 10 Fibonacci numbers   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (American Fork, UT (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Attended an LDS workshop thru the LDS Employment Center at the same location. Was directed by the instructor on who to contact. Same day he lead me down the hall that was adjacent the two buildings to speak with one of the councilors on hand. They in turn set up a meeting with a job coach for one on one interview. Was hired that day, and started the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals, career wise?   1 Answer
    • Is finishing school important to you at this time?   1 Answer
    • Did you know that employment here at Deseret Industries, we can help you with continuing your schooling?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume, asked to complete online video interview. The online video recording was difficult to prepare. The interviewee was given multiple chances at the recording, but it was a miserable experience to create.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Rexburg, ID (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

A team was sent to my college. They interviewed several dozen students for various positions. The questions started with basic personality questions, then went on to conceptual and finally technical questions. It was a pretty in depth interview as to my knowledge of the related subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Can you share with us an example of a time you did not get along with a coworker and what you did to resolve it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in October 2015.

Interview

They performed a behavioral interview and asked me hypothetical or past questions of what I would do or have done under various circumstances. They expected me to answer questions with STAR responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had conflict in a group   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverton, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Riverton, UT (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with three managers for a web developer internship. They were very nice and easy to talk to. We discussed my background and projects that I had worked on. I did some white boarding with a toy problem. Within a few days, I was offered an internship.

Interview Questions

• The toy problem involved the Fibonacci sequence and how to solve it with a function.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Orem, UT (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The LDS Church was at my school's career fair. I signed up on a list on a whim for an interview and got one. I showed up at the appointed time and had a 1:1 interview. The recruiter asked me a few personality questions and some very basic programming questions. I thought that I the interviewer had zero interest in me but I landed an internship.

Interview Questions

• Write a simple function for me.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.