The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,693 Interview Reviews

2.2

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial interivew was via phone with a lower level manager. They asked basic questions and explained the position. In person interview was rescheduled twice. Overall the compensation was decent but as many explain, it appears they place high demands on their people and may not consider a work like balance. Just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past professional experience   3 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor At Peachtree, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Windsor At Peachtree, GA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone contact from their headquarters within 2 hours of online submission. The purpose of the 1st phone contact is to schedule a telephone interview the next day We did this and the phone interview (initiated by The Home Depot) began exactly on time (this call was also from their headquarters in Atlanta). It was very good, very thorough initial screening (about 35 minutes in length). We reached a mutual interest and I now await a call from the Sales Manager (unscheduled due to the Sales Manager's pending obligations).

Interview Questions

• Will I be happy working a commission only position?   3 Answers

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. But be ready to receive a truck load of promises. Beware you will be told what you wanna hear but reality will soon sink in. You will lose money for at least the first few months. 100% commission sales. Be prepared to lose money paying for your gas to go from one bad lead to another as the good leads are taken by the Sr sales reps. Being new you will get the ghetto areas and probably won't sell much .you will make 80 for every 1000 you sell so do the math and really think this job through. In interview it sounds great in reality it's not.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Bristol, CT (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

apply onlie had my first email contact in a few days . first phone interview by the end of the week . first face to face interview was the following week all went well and then was asked to go to mass 2 hours away all went well was hired right there .. very good interview

Negotiation

company commiss standard

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hamburg, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New Hamburg, NY (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Basic questions, why do you want the job, do you think you have the skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any sales experience   2 Answers

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Wayne, IN (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a unqualified interviewer, then drove 112 miles to the regional office for a interview that was about 20 scripted questions mostly about how would you handle this situation and role playing, took several ridiculous and time consuming tests, local interview with the store manager who seemed to be an amateur in the management arena.

Interview Questions

• It was all typical questioning that any interview would ask.   2 Answers

Negotiation

fast

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from a recruiter within a few days. Interview questions were easy. Tell me about what you do at your current position. Are you aware this is a commission only position.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Costa Mesa, CA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

There were over five phone interviews followed by an in-person interview, drug test, finger printing, and both credit/criminal background checks.

Interview Questions

• This is a job for an entrepreneur. There were no unexpected questions or any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is 100% commission with no salary or hourly rate. There was no negotiation phase.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gulfport, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Gulfport, MS (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

phone interview very informal but complete. all questions answered fully. thorough in explaining the job duties and expectations. very good potential for bonuses on top of commission.no ceiling on commission, reasonable closing percentage per leads. great hours of operation, very in-depth training program. very good company to work for.

Interview Questions

• does the job discription scare you   2 Answers

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Des Moines, IA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

First, a telephone interview with corporate HR, if that is successful, your resume and interviewer comments are forwarded to the local sales manager. Second, was an interview with the local sales manager. Following the face to face interview with the local sales manager, I was told I would be contacted regardless the decision. It's been 2 weeks and no call to date.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was an "expert" in the product line I would be responsible selling.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.