The Home Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at The Home Depot

4,882 Interview Reviews

2.2

Order Fulfillment Associate Interview

Interview

Was supposed to have a phone interview. They never called me. It’s been almost a week and I have heard nothing from them. No email, call, nothing. No explanation as to why they never conducted the interview.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. The interviewer was very polite and professional and asked me questions that were very general. The interviewer told me about the position I was applying for and told me the hours I would be potentially working. They also told me it was an overnight position, in which I told them I would be flexible working in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you worked as a team.   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I applied online for an Admin position at the regional office. I had an HR phone screen, an interview with my supervisor, an interview with a senior admin, and then another interview with my supervisor. A week and a half after my final interview I received a form rejection email from a No Reply inbox.

Lot Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Was an easy interview. I don’t really remember the exact questions. Just be calm, smile and remain optimistic. I don’t know what else to say. This thing wants 30 words just to check an answer for an article

Freight Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The interview process was simple, quick, concise and they were extremely efficient in asking questions, processing information as well as securing all of the personal aspects of an application process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

An in-person interview was conducted with a single manager who first started explaining his experience with the company and the possibilities available to grow within; then an explanation about the position and any addresses from there.
    The interview questions were then conducted (approximately 5 questions) and were followed up with your interest in the company via your questions for the manager.

Personally, the interview was mostly about conversating with the interviewer and being nice/respectful to the individual. The manager did not seem to care about the answers given; if you do not have relevant experience, positivity and/or your ability to think on your feet with get you through. Also, my interviewer frowned upon my cliche answers to some (be genuine).

Interview Questions

• Why Home Depot?**
      Team work towards a goal?
      A difficult time you were not able to focus?
      Relevant experience?
      What would you do if you did not know answer?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Escondido, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

I heard about a position opening-up soon but was kind of in the dark because I was at the service desk. I was told to apply online through CareerDepot. Eventually, after a couple of weeks of waiting around for my interview, I finally interviewed with one of the head cashiers herself.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to pay attention to detail?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were a part of a team and had to accomplish a task?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome an obstacle, and how did you get through it?   Answer Question

Order Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silverdale, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Silverdale, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. There was a rubric grading system for the interview questions. The interview was one on one and took about 15 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a coustomer asked you a question that you did not have an answer to?   1 Answer
    • When was a time you worked with a team to achieve a common goal?   Answer Question
    • Describe a task that you completed that required attention to detail   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with mobile devices?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First received a call from the recruiter and had a quick 10 min call. Maybe a week later had another call with a different recruiter, then got ghosted and never heard from them again

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Mobile, AL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Initially introduction was very friendly, attire was business casual, yet still felt relaxed. Store manager was very nice and informative about the company and the entire process had a great flow. It felt more like a conversation more than a strict question/answer format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a team and ran into a problem   6 Answers
    • If a customer were to ask you a question and you don’t know the answer, what would you do/say to them? How would you handle the situation   Answer Question
    • What brought you to The Home Depot?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.