The LEGO Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

The LEGO Group Interview Questions

Interviews at The LEGO Group

2.6

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Hartford, CT (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Disclaimer: While I've tried to remain objective, I didn't get through the first round for my dream job. But, here goes: While I appreciate we're all having to navigate a "new normal," still, the experience I had with LEGO HR was cold, mechanical, and very fragmented. Whereby, following weeks of patiently waiting, while internal schedules had to be confirmed, an executive HR director and I finally met via MS Teams. From the moment we connected, this person was clearly under pressure -- having been (I quote) "tasked with screening over 70 shortlisted candidates". As such, they were distracted, disengaged, and, well, somewhat discourteous. Questions were procedural, obscure, and poorly suited for the position we were discussing. Too, this person struggled to answer my questions about culture and the employer brand. Following the interview, and having not heard back for several weeks, I followed up with a very kind and polite HR administrator -- who informed me I was still in the running. Phew! Despite the above, I was thankful to move on in the process. However, a week later, I then received an automated, nondescript, rejection email, without any feedback provided, at all.

Interview Questions

• In a presentation to the Executive Committee, how would [reporting line] pull you in if you went off on a tangent?   Answer Question

The LEGO Group Response

4 Sep 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience here. We want all of our candidates to have the best recruitment experience so we’re sorry you feel that’s not been the case. We’ve passed your feedback onto our Executive Search team however If you’d like to discuss any elements in more detail please do get in touch with us using an email you’ve received from us and we’ll connect you with a member of the team. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review and we wish you the best of luck for the future.

Full-Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Kansas City, MO (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Zoom interview with CTO. Asked several technical questions and requested emailed responses for those not answered satisfactorily on the spot. Received instructions for several online assessments that took 2 hours of my time to complete - Carr Assessment and "Predictable Success."

Interview Questions

• What are 5 implementations for data storage for multi-page form posting to 2+ servers   1 Answer
    • Query visitor counts for the 5 states with most total visitors   1 Answer
    • Enforce API rate limiting at 1,000 requests per minute   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The LEGO Group.

Interview

Very long and drawn out process! Spoke with various staff over a 2 month period often times with major lapses in communication in between. Everyone was very friendly but often times there were last minute requests for phone and/or in person interviews which were extremely difficult to accommodate during the work day. However, seems like a strong culture and smart people!

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group in February 2020.

Interview

Phone Screen: I had a 15 minute call with a recruiter in Denmark. During the call the recruiter told me there would not be an art test. The following week though she sent me a brief for an art test. I was surprised and unhappy about the miscommunication. Not to mention they assumed I had time that week to take the art test. Because I was traveling I made the recruiter aware of my situation and they gave me an additional 5 days to complete the art test.

Art Test: The art test involved redesigning one of their existing models, the Elves Dragon Nursery playset for girls. They asked me to come up with a new story or theme and then redesign the buildings, background and characters. They left a lot of room for creative freedom.

Recorded Video Interview (Sonru): One of the strangest aspects of the interview process was an automated video interview conducted through Sonru. In the interview you have a set amount of time to read each question and then record your answer. If you make a mistake or run out of time you can not go back and re-record or edit. The video interview took about 35 minutes. Most questions were very generic. Quite stressful.

Onsite Workshop: I was invited to attend an onsite workshop along with the 5 other candidates completing for the same position. I did not like the idea of “competing” for a position but went ahead with the travel arrangements they scheduled. In the days leading up to the workshop there were several last minute requirements that were difficult if not impossible to accommodate. These included a physical printed portfolio, a drawing of me as a mini doll and then the day of my flight they wanted me to bring a mobile workstation/laptop so that they could evaluate my digital drawing skills. I do not own a mobile workstation and found it strange that they would assume so.

At this point the interview process had numerous instances of miscommunication, assumptions and a lack of information to properly prepare me. As a result I made the difficult decision not to move forward with the position.

Brick Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group.

Interview

Simple yet effective. Interviewers ask you to build something, create a story out of it, and explain what qualities and skills you can bring to the table as a Brick Specialist.

Application

Interview

Pretty standard - Initial HR Screen, Hiring Manager interview by phone and then on-site round robin with multiple stakeholders. It was fairly efficient and kept moving. Everyone was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach conflict   1 Answer

Payroll Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Enfield, CT (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Process was straightforward. Applied online, then got a phone interview. Passed that as they called me a day or so earlier for me to come in to meet with the manager and other team manager. Manager was via Skype. Interview felt comfortable and general questions on my resume mixed in with personal questions. Was asked a serious of those, in a time you/when etc. I thought my responses were good and acceptable. I felt we clicked as there would be one physical person I would be working with if I got hired. Second interview was on Thursday and was told they were finishing up interviews Friday/Monday the following week and I should be hearing back later that week. That week went by so I followed up. Was told no updates as of yet. Followed up again and said there was a delay as the manager was still interviewing. ( that prob should have been an indication I wasn’t getting offered) so after a whole month, I get the automated letter thanking me and that we regret to inform you that we have decided to progress with candidates whose background and skills are a closer match to the requirements for this role. Which baffles me because I have over 6 years of experience in the field when they only listed 2-3 years. I also had experience with pretty much all of it except one but can be learned quick. So again, these automated letters suck because it’s like no that’s no the real reason but whatever. Felt disappointed because it was delayed a good almost 2 and half weeks to get this. I’ve worked in this position for quite some times and while it’s female driven, me being a male hopefully won’t get me a job.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe yourself   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to work together to solve a problem and what did you do to fix it   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group.

Interview

I had two rounds of phone interview. The interviews started with simple math puzzles. Later, it most focussed on on data structures and algorithms. The question were average and from hacker rank.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Enfield, CT (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online, week later recruiter emailed and said my resume looked like a match and asked me for a phone interview. Recruiter called late, so I emailed and asked if meeting was still on. They called and had a list of questions. At the end she asked for my questions and I asked about the experience needed for the job and what kind of things I’d be doing. She stated that she thinks I’d be bored even though I’d probably catch on quickly and I was overqualified and the hiring manager really wanted someone right out of college. Then she sat in silence while I tried to understand why she even asked me for a phone interview at all because it was clearly on my resume that I had more than a few years experience. Very unprofessional interview. I had to say ok thank you goodbye because I wasn’t sure what else to say to her rude demeanor and silence.....

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The LEGO Group (Charlotte, NC (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Informal feeling interview with a panel of 2, which would be the team if the position is accepted. Small talk followed by good questions about experience. Fairly focused. Very friendly tone. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you were innovative in your work?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.