The World Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

The World Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at The World Bank

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Submitted application via email after which I received a request for a phone interview to discuss strengths. The questions were more technical than I expected. Did not have a chance to discuss my skills. The interviewer asked me some questions about sampling and regression techniques. The next step was supposed to be a stata/R test.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Very pleasant interview with the future boss and his boss. I was invited for an interview 4 days after I applied. I had only one interview after which I waited for more than 4 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to past experience and to the concrete project to be done   2 Answers

Senior Consul Interview

Interview

3 person panel interview, followed by a thorough reference check - but this is not the normal process, however if they do it, it's better as this aligns with the staff hiring process

Interview Questions

• Usual - the skills you bring to the role, how you would approach it, plus questions on how to handle inclusiveness and challenging clients in different regions   Answer Question

STC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

ii was an half an hour interview about a short term consultant position at the world bank. It was a group interview at the main building of the bank. The questions focused on the understanding of economics and financial system and the basic corporate finance. There also questions based on the resume and schoolwork.

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I was shortlisted for a position in LAC. I received the notice 1 month after the application. and the interview was initially scheduled 4 day after. All the 5 panelist were very nice, but I found the technical questions difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1st: What are your previous experience relating to the job? How would you apply your experience in this setting?
      2nd: Could you summarize a paper you have written?
      3rd and 4th: Technical questions on specific tools used in the team.
      5th: What are your greatest weakness and strength?
      6th: Describe a situation of team work.
      7th: Give me an example that you had to convince a client.
      Switch to Spanish, my questions for them.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

First, I had an interview, where I had to answer questions on my previous professional experience and education, as well as my interest to intern for the WB. I also had to submut a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your masters program instead of others   Answer Question

At the Legal Vice Presidency Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

One week after applying (end of May) online I received an email saying that the shortlisted candidates would be contacted 3 weeks later. After 3 weeks I was told I was shortlisted (end of June) and then asked for an online interview with a panel of 4 people less than a week later (mid July). I got a positive response 2 weeks latter (end of July).

Interview Questions

• It was mostly motivational type of questions (which makes sense since it was only an internship position and you are placed based on your background and business needs) 1. Where do you see your self in 5 and 10 years? , 2. Why the World Bank? 3. Why the World Bank and not IMF? (I had written my thesis on IMF conditionality), 4. Tell us about XX that you did (mentioned in my CV already), 5. Why did you choose the specific departments of the Vice Presidency?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The job I applied is a position focused on data analysis. During the interview I was asked to described work I done before and what analysis tools (software) I usually use.

Interview Questions

• Describe a work you done before   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The World Bank.

Interview

Two staffs from the group met with interviewees and asked questions. Very standard procedure. The atmosphere was good. Interviewers made interviewees comfortable. There were questions about the responsibilities, previous working experience, expectations, etc.

Politically Determined Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The World Bank (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The job selection process is extremely politically based, with selections being made on popularity of an individual rather than their ability to deliver on technical content. This aspect has weakened the ability of the bank to deliver on its core mandate and on delivering value for its clients.

Interview Questions

• What is the topic that you would like to build your profile in?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.