Thomson Reuters Client Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Thomson Reuters Client Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2.6

Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2017.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview was simple, just walking the interviewer through my resume and work experience.

I was invited to an in-person interview and instructed to put together a presentation on a topic of my choice. I had about a week's notice to put together the presentation. At the interview, I gave my presentation in front of four interviewers. After the presentation, the interviewers asked questions related to the presentation and, after that, questions related to the job as a whole. All the questions were reasonable and typical interview questions related to my work experience and career goals. I also had the opportunity to ask a lot of my own questions and learn about the position and the firm. It was very laid-back and informative, almost more of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you learn about Thomson Reuters during your research?
    What interests you about the position?
    Why did you leave your job at _____________?   Answer Question

8 Sep 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

A 3 step interview process beginning with an online strengths assessment test where you answered questions based on how you would react/respond in certain situations (mainly in client facing ones). The second step was a pre recorded video interview which was completed in mid December. Heard back about the final round the end of January which is a super day at their NYC office (9am-4pm) mid February. The day is really awesome as you have many opportunities to interact with current employees and let yourself shine in both individual and group activities. Heard back about an offer within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it is an entry level position in a rotational program

24 Feb 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview that was prompted from a LinkedIn job posting. The recruiter was very personal and spent time asking and answering questions. I was not expecting to interview yesterday morning but I was excited to do so. I am passivity looking as I'm not happy with my current job/company.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach cold calling.   1 Answer

9 Feb 2016 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and feedback on your interview experience. Feel free to reach out to the recruiter for any updates on where things are in the process.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied in October and had my second round early November. It is now March and I still haven't heard back regarding my status. I contacted my recruiter several times through emails and calls but haven't been able to reach him. This whole process is very frustrating. I don't know whether to keep on waiting or to accept that no reply is an automatic rejection.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Mar 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and would like to follow up directly with the recruiter to make sure he/she follows up with you immediately. Please email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will take the appropriate action. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon

Client Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in September 2015.

Interview

Tedious interview process- fill out the application, and then they send you a link to enter more information and do an assessment. You wait for the assessment results, and then they send you a link for the online interview which is basically recording your answers, its not a person to person type interview. After that it's a lot of waiting, before you get a response

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Feb 2016 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Straight to the point with the first round . Second round included a follow up presentation to Sr manegment. Wanted to know comfort level presenting services and value prop. Asked about previous experience in FinTech.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous industry knowledge.   1 Answer

26 Jan 2018 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Boston, MA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

First step was phone interview with 2 managers (difficult for 3 people via phone.) Next step was a series of in person interviews (3 total) with sales managers in local offices. Relaxed overall and friendly people, mostly want to talk about themselves - cater to egos! Primarily will be about fit, looking for a friendly and outgoing (fun) personality and willingness to learn more than particular experience. Any background in finance/sales and interest both is the basic requirement. Not a ton of responsiveness.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions other than info on your background and looking for a willingness to learn.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Room for negotiation (5-10k)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Went through several round of interviews and also performed a demonstration of the product in a classroom setting with several participants that included sales, VP's, Product Owners. The entire process really dragged on. They did finally make an offer, but i had to keep pushing and reaching out to get them to make an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real opportunity for negotiation.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone interview and a couple of face to face interviews. The first of these face to face interviews was with two team leaders in the London office. The second interview was with their manager. First two interviews comprised of the usual description questions (tell me about yourself, why do you want this role etc) but an additional powerpoint was required in the second. A few business strategy questions were raised in the final one.

Interview Questions

• - descriptive questions: CV walk-through, motivations, experience   Answer Question

20 Jul 2018 – Digital Marketing Intern

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter and/or hiring manager.

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got on a phone interview w/ a HR screener in 2-3 days. Then i was scheduled to go in for an interview with the hiring manager. Despite being told i will know the results in two weeks and be placed in their talent pool - I never heard back from this company again, even when i emailed the HR person who scheduled the interview to follow up .

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

19 Oct 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at human.resources@tr.com with relevant details. Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.