Thomson Reuters Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Thomson Reuters

2,090 Interview Reviews

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (McLean, VA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very smooth and straight forward. The hiring team was affable, professional, and responsive. It did take a while to hear back after applying, but that’s totally understandable given the current exceptional circumstances.

Interview Questions

• A mix of resume-based questions and behavioral ones. Just be well prepared and have positive attitude.   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied online after which I got an email where I had to record answers to about 5 questions. After that, an HR rep contacted me to set up a final interview. During the final interview, I found my interviewer to be pretty rude. He would cut me off while I was talking and didn't seem to pay attention to what I was saying. He also just seemed bored during the process. So overall I did not have a good experience. The HR reps were nice though. But I did think it was rude to send a generic automated rejection email to candidates who got to the final round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

11 May 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email me directly at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and one of our recruiting leaders will reach out. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

submitted my resume online after seeing linknedin post. Phone screen with recruiter first, then in person interview with future manager. also spoke with a few other account exectutives in my territory

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. If you would like to provide us with any additional feedback, please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards. We look forward to hearing from you.

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

Spoke with HR for a screening, and was asked to speak with the hiring manager. A member of my immediate family passed away and I asked if I could postpone the interview for a week and a half. They said yes. I came back to them with my availability a week later, as I was busy with funeral arrangements. HR didn’t respond. I wrote again and they informed me the role was filled. There were three different HR people involved in the process which was also confusing.

Job well done team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your marketing experience.   1 Answer

15 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very quick and detailed. The hiring manager was very responsive and communicative. There was a phone interview and two in person interviews. I've interviewed for a former role and did not get the offer, but with this hiring manager the process was really quick.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

15 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're so glad that you have decided to join the Thomson Reuters team!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Finance & Accounting Intern - had a phone screen with the finance & accounting manager. Interviewer was very friendly and engaging during the interview process. I told them that I won't be at the career fair so they scheduled a phone interview since I was selected.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions that match your experience and skills through our Talent Community at tr.com/careers. Thanks again for the feedback.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)).

Interview

Applied online, HR contacted me to schedule an initial phone call a few days later. The night before the call the recruiter sent a questionnaire to fill out regarding my experience/projects. I did not have time to complete this on short notice and offered to complete it by the next day. This apparently upset the HR person who was abrasive and condescending on the phone. She grilled me with various generic questions for a few minutes before ending the call without bothering to ask about my experience related to the role. Received a rejection email a day or two later.

Interview Questions

• Describe what Thompson Reuters does   1 Answer

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team involved to ensure this doesn't happen to other individuals. Please email us at human.resources@thomsonreuters.com with the relevant details and we will follow up on this. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process is very long and not transparent. I made it through 3 rounds and then the hiring manager went MIA. Called back job was on hold, then got another round of interviews. They made an offer but I already accepted another position

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

11 May 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by multi-stage in-person interview at divisional headquarters. The process was as I'd expect for a position at this level, and everyone I met along the way was nice and easy to talk to.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2020.

Interview

The company came to my career and I then applied online. After a few weeks, they reached back and wanted to setup a phone interview. I did not hear back after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an abstract data type and interface in Java?   Answer Question
    • How would you code a program that detects if a letter was used more than once in a string?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about Thomsen Reuters?   Answer Question

9 Apr 2020 – Global Employer Branding Lead

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience! If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions that match your experience and skills through our Talent Community at tr.com/careers. Thanks again for the feedback.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.