Towers Watson Intern Interview Questions

Updated 7 Aug 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. The senior consultants from the different business lines would come in and would ask their own questions. After completing four interviews they would discuss amongst themselves and then suggest a decision to the managing director in Dubai who would give his final approval after receiving the feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Towers Watson

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I had a screening phone interview and then I had an in-person interview with 5-6 different employees who work in the department I was interviewing for. It was an easy process and each person I talked to held a slightly different position and came from different backgrounds. I was in contact with the HR representative as well in-case I needed help. The company was very helpful in setting up an interview time that worked with my class schedule.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths that you could bring to this internship? Why did you chose the major you did in college? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Phone interview then, called in for another set of interviews, then I was called in for a sort of "superday" where I was called in for interviews with three different representatives from the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a time I had to deal with an unruly co-worker   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

They came to my career fair and I first spoke with them there. From there, I met them again at a mock interview session they held. I was invited to an on campus interview, which was one on one. I never heard from them afterwards, but those who got it did the next day.

Interview Questions

• Need to know whether you want to do HGB or Retirement and have an answer for why   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview, dinner with other intern candidates and several associates, then an in-office interview the following day with five half-hour long interviews with associates. All expenses were paid for accommodations, food, and transportation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

First round of fit questions. Walk us through your resume type questions. Then meet with 4-5 people at company and answer similar questions + why you want to work here, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had to explain a complex problem and how did you do it?   Answer Question
    • When is a time you worked in a group and what was your role? How did you decide? Did you deal with a difficult group member? How? Etc...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Filled out application form and was contacted within a week for a telephone interview. Interview process was pretty straight forward. I was interviewed by an associate in the Actuarial Department. She guided the it pretty well and it was more of a two sided conversation than one sided and I felt completely at ease. Basic competency question and then the usual why Towers Watson and why this division.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you formed a relationship over a period of time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

I was reached out by someone in Human Resources who wanted to screen me for the interview. She asked me about my past experiences and how each experience related to the position. A few weeks later, I went in for a skills assessment which was based on communicating with clients and organizing and presenting material. The next phase, which was a few days later was to interview with four employee within the departments. The questions were all behavioral question based on time management and organizational skills.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Towers Watson (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview. The interview questions were rather standard. They asked about what was the most difficult situation I had to handle, how I overcame it. Asked questions from the resume as well. Asked to describe myself. Didn't really have any interview experience previously so I did quite badly for the phone interview. There was supposed to be another face to face interview but as expected, I didn't manage to get through the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation I had to handle.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Towers Watson.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Scheduled interview on campus. 2 interviewers, mostly basic behavioral questions. Why do you want to be an actuary? Describe what an actuary does in your own words. Why consulting vs. insurance? Progress with actuarial exams and future plans for actuarial exams. What was a time you had to compromise, etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.