Town of Cary- NC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Town of Cary- NC

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Town of Cary- NC

Center Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Town of Cary- NC (Cary, NC (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

in-person interview with two managers at town of Cary community center. Face-to-face questions, relatively informal and fun interview. Both managers spent time describing the role as flexible, requires day, evening, weekend and some holiday work times. Lasted about thirty minutes and I got to ask all questions that I had as well. Overall very positive.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a customer asked you a question and you didn't know the answer?   2 Answers
    • what would you do if there was a dangerous situation at this facility?   1 Answer

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Town of Cary- NC (Cary, NC (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I've always been a proponent of the Town and their forward progressive approaches. However, I'm very disappointed with their interview and job opening process. They had a job opening for this position and I was informed (via the grapevine) that the job was filled. SO...I asked if there was still an opportunity. The hiring manager informed me that they actually needed 2 people in this role and that there was still one opening. So I applied. I was then called to interview (3 months later); which I believe went well. 3 months AFTER the interview. YES, 3 months, they emailed me that they decided to close this opening. Then, 3 months later, they opened another posting (a subordinate position: Development Analyst) to which I applied and was very well qualified. Again, 4 months later (notice the trend in delays), they decided to 'close' this opening; i.e. no longer offer the job since they felt it unnecessary. It's unfortunate they wasted my time and who knows who else's time in this process. Very inadequate communication and seemingly an inability to determine workloads or needed jobs.

Interview Questions

• Scripted questions (using a checklist) and interviewed by 3 people at once. Explain your work history? How do you see yourself in this job? etc..   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Town of Cary- NC.

Interview

Depends on who you know. Should be 3 interviews with different ranking individuals plus a psych review, lie detector test. However, if you are "close to" anyone with higher ranking these will be changed.

Negotiation

Easy. Those in the Bronze ranking offered salary and benefits package and I accepted.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.