Transport for NSW Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 71 of over 71 interviews

Recruitment Agency6%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Transport for NSW

Application

I interviewed at Transport for NSW

Interview

Selection criteria process. They used recruitment agencies. Interviewed internal and external applicants. At interview stage all candidates were asked the same questions - part of the government process to make it fair.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself please
    Answer Question

Transport for NSW

Application

I interviewed at Transport for NSW

Interview

The interview had fairly laid back interviewers but the format had completely structured questions, there are four in total. Also had the opportunity to ask questions at the end, which they were expecting

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transport for NSW

Application

I interviewed at Transport for NSW

Interview

1. Phone screening - mostly regarding the organisation. 2. Face to Face interview - Mostly behavioural questions to see if you fit in the role/ team. Questions were not very technical. 3. Offer

Interview Questions
  • Describe your current role and responsibilities and how it fits into the role you are applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney)

Interview

Multiple mini sections: application, online testing, video interview... Alright process but is just lengthy, the online testing is of a few small tests about abstract listening and numeric calculations. I am still yet to hear back about the next process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney) in Jun 2021

Interview

Was interviewed by a panel of three people who I wouldn't even have been working with in the job. Two of them said nothing the whole time. The other person was a nice man but knew very little about the team or job I would be doing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transport for NSW

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW in Jun 2021

Interview

Online application, online numerical assessment, video interview (2 questions), virtual assessment centre, interview I found virtual assessment centre the hardest. Scenario based group exercise related to a possible project, 25 min reading time to identify the questions and answers by yourself, 20 min to collaborate with group and 5 min presentation together

Interview Questions
  • Video Interview: What is diversity and example from your experience?

Transport for NSW

Application

I interviewed at Transport for NSW

Interview

Like most government organisations, Transport does conduct behavioural interviews. The expected mode of answering is via the STAR method. I was also asked questions with demonstrated work experience/knowledge. The interview experience was really good. The Talent consultant coordinated everything really smoothly. The panel was respectful and actively listening to everything I was saying.

Interview Questions
  • Question regarding effective time prioritisation (May differ from interview to interview)

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Transport for NSW (Sydney) in May 2021

Interview

First Received a call asking if I am interested. Second Interview was scheduled. The interview was with my Hiring manager, His manager and HR. The HR asked me to prepare for STAR type answers but as soon as the interview began the questions asked were all very very technical and answering with STAR method instantly is very difficult. The interview was scheduled for 1 hour and it went for 55 mins and only last 5 mins left for discussions. There were several questions asked and all were relevant. I only answered 2-3 questions using STAR method rest i answered in my own style. I guess it all depends on your hiring manager if he thinks you are suitable for the role then no matter if you answer in your own style you will get a positive response. All 3 interviewees ask me questions one after another and all were technical asking me to describe how exactly i did a particular thing. I was given an opportunity to describe what i do, basically they were after what $ of projects you handle , How diverse is your team, who are the key stakeholders & how you communicate. If you have received a call for interview then don't take it lightly there's a high chance of being selected. I was lucky that I got selected but I was offered a lower salary (Basically every grade has a range) I was offered a lower range at first, I went back to HR and asked them if they can increase it to max range, i was very lucky that my manager accepted giving me a higher $ (this was when i got the news that i am selected, before doing the medical and police check) Process is really slow YOU need to follow up with the HR person dealing with ur case but its worth it bro. As I went back on my salary package it took some time but over all from interview to Offer letter it took 3-4 weeks max Good luck bro

Interview Questions
  • Describe APEX projects ? Brown Field and Green Field Projects ? What is the $ value of projects you have handled ? Have you constructed any EoT Claim ? How do you recognize Concurrent Delay ? Can you have a - Float ? How when ? Do you have any experience in creating staging plans ? How did you do it ? Do u have any experience in Time chainage charts ? How u do it ?
1 person found this interview helpful

Transport for NSW

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW

Interview

Multi-mini interviews and group case study. Asked questions related to company's values, especially diversity. STAR technique could be applied to most questions. There were also scenario questions which analysed your time management skills and ability to work under pressure.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Transport for NSW

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Transport for NSW

Interview

The interview panel all seemed like they had somewhere else to be. Were reading questions off a page. I don’t know that any of them actually knew the requirements of the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Interviews