Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Twitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (Boulder, CO (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Overall, really positive interview experience.

Had an initial call with the hiring manager, did a great job explaining the "why" of the project and team.

Technical phone interview on HackerRank, pretty typical coding exercise, medium to hard difficulty.

On-site interview had two more coding exercises, one was really challenging and the other was very simple, as well as a system design interview, and then lastly a leadership/behavioral interview. Throughout the interviews, everyone was very friendly and engaged, not combative like some other places I've interviewed. I also had lunch with a few folks not on the interview panel, food and conversation were both great.

Throughout the entire process, from the first call to the offer negotiation, my recruiters were exceptional. I felt valued, informed, and welcomed.

Suggestion: highly recommend reviewing Twitter's existing architecture in prep for the system design, lot of good videos and articles on the web that would through parts of it.

Only negative is that each team's interview process seems different, so YMMV, and my experience doesn't reflect the same as other people I know that have interviewed at Twitter.

Interview Questions

• Interval coding questions   3 Answers
    • Design a portion of Twitter's architecture.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn. Had an initial call with him and he setup an interview with the hiring manager. This team is based in SF.

Surprisingly like what others said here, the interviewing team is not friendly at all. The manager was very knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about but he was not friendly at all. He kept talking for 20+ minutes about himself and Twitter right from the start without even exchanging any pleasantaries. Then he started asking me some questions; mostly behavorial. For one of them, I was asked "describe a time when you did X and what did you do about it". I said it has certainly happened but I can't recall such an incident right now. That was it. He wrapped it up, said thank you, and hung up before I could finish saying anything. Honestly, this whole alpha male thing in the valley is a huge turn-off.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about this team? What was the most important contribution you made recently? What were the challenges?   Answer Question

SWE Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Applied online with no prior working experience as a sophomore student in college. Got a coding challenge that needs to be finished within 2 weeks of notice, finished under 30 min, but didn't get a response.

Interview Questions

• Coding question with C, C++, python, or Java of your choice. Plus a SQL question   Answer Question

Brand Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

The interview process had four phases. First, I had an initial phone screening with HR. The second step was a phone interview with my eventual Manager. The third step was a series of 30 min interviews with the team, there were four total. And finally there was a presentation to the full team. I presented to an audience of 15 people.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite brands on Twitter and why?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen with a recruiter, followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager and then a live SQL coding session. Didn't get past the SQL coding interview, though the process was a positive one overall.

Interview Questions

• Intermediate to high-level SQL questions   1 Answer

Data Science Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in May 2020.

Interview

It took about 3 weeks. Very well organized interview process with Twitter - I enjoyed meeting everyone (I met total around 8 people). My recruiter from Twitter was great: helpful and supportive!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It started with a Recruiter Screen. Then i had a manger phone interview for fit. And then i had a coding phone interview. Failed and didn't move on. Poor experience considering i got offers from Facebook, Google, and others.

Intern Interview

Interview

there were three, thirty minute interviews, different members of team-- kind of disorganized, hard to reach recruiters, not systematized

The first interviewer seemed much less prepared than the others

I wish the recruiters were more accessible and that the team was more streamlined and prepared to give me details of the specific role

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in March 2020.

Interview

This is the second time (out of 2) I've had a negative experience with Twitter. The first being ghosted by recruiter who contacted ME about an opportunity then had the nerve to ask me for a favor on LinkedIn.

Anyway, contacted by recruiter after submitting an application online. Was told the hiring manager was so excited to speak with me after reviewing my app. Spoke with hiring manager, explained my experience, all went well. Had initial phone screen. Complete waste of my time. The interviewer was unprepared (and even said this to me on the call, wasting 7 minutes) with his questions because apparently he was told I was applying for another role, I'm not sure. Anyway, answered ALL THREE of his coding questions, they ran, were efficient, etc. Only to be rejected because I didn't have the experience they were looking for??? How does one speak with the recruiter AND the hiring manager and they still allow you to get to the next stage only to go back and say actually your skills don't match??? Did they not read my resume???

Interview Questions

• Easy, classic "write a function that does this." Like so easy, I was concerned.   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The interview was friendly and conversational. Everything went as planned and articulated by email. Things were adequately spelt out. The interviewer was considerate and gave me time to articulate answers. It was a good opportunity to get to know more.

Interview Questions

• Project most proud of   1 Answer
    • How I handled feedback I didn’t agree with   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Twitter (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

We got through the two first interview phases and then they stopped responding.

The first interview was introductory, they checked the background and process to the next phase, a code challenge to do at home. I delivered the code but never received either a confirmation that they received the code or anything.

Interview Questions

• iOS code challenge where you need to use HTTP requests to fetch data, display some results and implement an image cache.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.