Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Twitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

Contractor Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiting firm and then by the hiring manager at Twitter. The interview it self was a good experience, the hiring manager was very nice and honest. But, took 2 months to find out the needed someone with a different type of experience... I wish I would have been sooner

Interview Questions

• General questions about experience   2 Answers

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after a recruiter reached out to me. She was very friendly and open about the role. Set up a phone interview and then had to submit a assignment. Good communication from the recruiter still at this point. I was invited to a face to face interview and was interview by 3 or 4 people. After interview I was told the following week they would discuss the next steps to move forward . Weeks passed and I never heard anything back. I reach out to the recruiter a few times and another individual from the interview and the recruiter never responded to my emails. Over a month later I got a rejection email. The recruiter was unprofessional for all of a sudden not responding to my emails. In all honestly Twitter lacks diversity in their employees they hire and I think that was the issue. I was very well qualified for the role and had a good interview. Hopefully one day Twitter will actually incorporate diversity in their company to represent their platform of their customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Twitter?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

No process but endless interviews. There was the distinct impression of complete disarray and an entire company afflicted by ADD. Constant changes in needs and position titles sufficiently put an end to any clarity at all. Re-orgs are fine, but it assumes there's an 'org' first which is not a strength of the current company or management as far as I could tell.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied through a referral, was contacted by a recruiter, and then completed two phone interviews. The process seemed very efficient for me and there was not a long turnaround time. I only interacted with people over the phone and they were courteous and nice, with the exception of one engineer interviewer who was sort of gruff.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to simulate a fair coin given two biased coins. This problem was then extended to vary the head/tail probabilities of the given coins and the coin to simulate.   6 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. They are very fast and responsive. I got an email from recruiter had initial chat. Sent over my resume and had two phone screens. The phone screen was technical.They use a tool similar to collab edit where they can run the code to see the result.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or out of the world.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Twitter in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a email two days later. They gave me a pre-interview survey and a coding assessment online. Then afterwards supposedly, is a phone interview followed by a on-site interview.

I only got as far as the coding assessment. It was two algorithms you had to implement under an hour. Also, the assessment lets you use a language of your choice. I wonder what score I got, because I thought I didn't do too bad.

Anyway, I would suggest practicing coding and algorithms beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Don't want to share the actual coding questions. But, you know how to work with arrays and basic data structures.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Twitter in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an email shortly asking for a phone interview. That interview was mainly a casual interview with a few basic technical questions. I then had two technical Skype interviews that involved coding on a mutually-visible editor online. These were with members of the team I was interviewing to join.

Interview Questions

• Not a particular question, but the online editor threw me off a bit because they wanted me to only jot down notes about the questions in that editor, not on a sheet of paper, so I got self-conscious about what notes I wrote down.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Coding test followed by 2 technical interviews. I was matched with a team thereafter. One engineer from the team interviewed who never bothered to tell me about the team, was not interested in me since the beginning and was super rude.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not the standard interview questions found online.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Twitter (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Replied through employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. The recruiter contacted me and asked me to do a hour-long online coding challenge at HackerRank. There were two questions in total. Both were quite easy to solve however i overlooked overflowing issues with my code and didn't pass some of the test cases. The next day I received email the the recruiter saying I did not get to the second round.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

The take home question was to write a yaml parser.

Design gmail was the architecture question. We talked a lot about scaling and reliability.

Walk through resume line by line.

Talk with manager about why Twitter.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.