Twitter Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Twitter Interview Questions

Interviews at Twitter

1,052 Interview Reviews

Program Manager Interview

Interview

interview was great - met with members of the team and had great conversations about experience and skillsets. learned about the company. the interview process was quick, recruiter was extremely responsive.

Interview Questions

• describe a project that was challenging.   1 Answer

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Overall it was good. Everyone was friendly. The technical portion was okay. Would recommend it to others. Nothing too difficult but a short amount of time. A focus on behavioral in my experience.

Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

onsite consisted of one machine learning system design round, the problem was a very well known problem found on grokking the system design.

I also had a behavioral round with a hiring manager. I was rejected due to the behavioral due to poor prep.

Interview Questions

• The algorithmic interviews were leetcode medium and a leetcode hard. I did not fully finish the leetcode hard but the interviewer was satisfied.

I also had a behavioral round with a hiring manager.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Quick and easy. A recruiting assignment is given. Then they review it, and possibly get back to you. I did not get a second round interview based on the assignment which is strange since I recruit for a living

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I've interviewed for four different roles at the company this past year, and the recruiter has never followed up after those first-round interviews with a status update. Amateur and rude behavior. Three of the four roles ended up being internal hires (unsure if the fourth role ended up being the same pattern).

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Interview

Conducted two rounds of interviews via Zoom with multiple team members per round, plus an initial phone screening. Followed up several weeks later with recruiter. Recruiter informed me I was the top candidate but role had been canceled.

Talent Development Manager Interview

Interview

They have a normal interview process. Apply, Recruiter call (30 minutes) then Hiring Manager screen (30 minutes) followed by Individual Interviews (30 minutes). They are in hyper growth mode and that is reflected in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and the decisions you made starting from undergrad   Answer Question

GA Function Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

It takes way too long as you need to go through 3+ rounds. People are nice/smart. But it just takes weeks and, sometimes, months. And it seems unnecessary, to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Why Twitter? Why now? What do you want to accomplish here?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Twitter (New York, NY (US)) in December 2020.

Interview

First round was code pairing with the team lead. It started smoothly, basic behavioral questions, then one question from leetcode. Just explaining your though process and going Twitter tag questions from Leetcode should be enough

Applied Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Twitter.

Interview

I had a mixed experience interviewing at Twitter. They had their standard Engineering Manager round and a technical screener. Then the final virtual interview with 4 rounds (Project Deep Dive, ML Design, Systems Design/Coding, Topgrading). Each round had 2 interviewers assessing you. The interviewers themselves were a mixed bag as well. For their Systems Design round, I had great interviewers who clearly knew how to interview. The ML Design round had guys who couldn't explain the problem well or pose a question well. Perhaps, its because you are trying to interview for ML virtually and it's better to whiteboard in person. I wish the interviewer just gave a problem and utilized an online app to design ML model instead of making it an interactive session. Project Deep Dive was pretty neutral, one of the guys kept dropping connection, so be prepared for that too. So this was the technical interview experience, overall pretty neutral. Now, I had a read a lot about Twitter's recruiters being finicky but I actually experienced it first hand. They are actually as sloppy as you might have heard. First, they told me my technical screener is a coding round but I got greeted for ML problem solving/knowledge. Second, for the final interview rounds, they said there will coding but in fact there wasn't any coding and I spent all the time on Leetcode and Hackerrank. Lastly, it took the recruiter 3 days to inform me that they had cancelled my Topgrading interview round. In every step of the process, I had to email the recruiters twice before I got any response. My final suggestion for someone interviewing for this position would be to focus on more the ML model designing more than coding and keep bugging the recruiters because they don't respond. Hope this helps in knowing what to expect.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.