UPS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

UPS Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2,860 Interview Reviews

1.9

Interview

It has been super basic and simple. Interview is kind of a mix of a walkthrough of the building and then shadowing a person doing what you would be doing. A couple of basic questions followed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

They asked me 3 questions mainly they wanted to tell me about the position and ask me if I had any questions or concerns for them a week later I was called back and offered the position

Interview Questions

• If you told a worker to do something and they said they didn’t want too what would you do ?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in July 2020.

Interview

Horrible. Maybe the most unprofessional I've experienced. The email said have two forms of ID ready. Then the Zoom meeting had 20 something people in it. What? And the host dropped twice for several minutes at a time. I applied for a specific time range as listed on the posting. Then it was said they will start several hours before the listed hours. I can't do earlier than the posted hours so this was a complete waste of time. Also, the host stated this is going to be full time hours for the foreseeable future, likely til 2021 but will part-time benefits then laughed about it. I applied for a part time job and then told this will be full-time but with no benefits and you'll still need to pay union fees.

If you have NOTHING else going on, and I mean NOTHING else then go for it. I'm looking for a second job so I can't start three hours earlier than the posting listed. Posting stated 5:30 pm, I get off work about 4:30 pm. Then you say need to come in at 1-2 pm. Why are you misleading people? The pay for this job isn't good especially after the union fees. Considering how physically demanding it is, better off seeking a retail job because the extra dollar or two isn't worth it after the demand and fees.

Interview Questions

• Some weeks you'll start at 1:15pm and some you'll start at 5:30pm.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

You either have to know someone or have to start as a package handled to get the interview, but when you do, it's pretty straight forward. Make sure you let them know that you're a leader and that you know basic statistics because you're going to have to learn how to calculate your shipping frequency.

Interview Questions

• who are you; what do you want; how are you going to get it?; how can UPS help?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS in June 2020.

Interview

Easy and very comfortable. I was at first nervous about being interviewed by a panel although it turned out great. The panel was very professional and made me feel less nervous throughout the interview.

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chapel Hill, NC (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I was sent an unprofessional and curt email without any information with my name spelled incorrectly and with numerous grammatical and spelling errors. the interview was never scheduled, due to lack of organization and poor communication on her end. I responded in a timely and professional manner and I had to continue to reach out to see if she had any intention to scheduled one. I was very disappointed in the entire process and reached out to the corporate office and would be happy to share the emails with them.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Chester, NY (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

This interview was super easy! After a quick overview of the job expectations, we were asked questions like our driving record and if we were able to lift over 70 pounds.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Chester, NJ (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to come in for an in person interview. I interviewed with a manager but never received a call back. This whole process took about 2 weeks from start to finish.

Digital Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Albuquerque, NM (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was fairly typical. It was actually a much better process than most. What ruined the experience was the really insulting lowball wage they offered. This is a specialist job (literally in the title) and they could only offer me $10/hr! I looked at the regular retail associate job offering (which was work they expected me to help around the office with in addition to my digital printwork), and they offer $10/hr as a starting salary to those workers. Best of all, the interviewer mentioned that they have trouble keeping talent in the specialist position. It might have something to do with asking additional work from your specialist while paying them the same wage as your regular untrained employees. I was highly qualified for this position (to the point where they started the interview as a formality more than anything), yet they refused to negotiate a fair wage. $10 was their first and only offer. I already have a job that pays much more than this job on hourly salary alone. I would have been fine with a lateral move (which would have been a net paycut because they don't do bonuses at this company) because this is closer to my career choice, but I can't just slash my monthly budget to ribbons. I don't know how this company expects to hire professionals if they're not going to pay them more than their unskilled laborers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Fast and easy. I got there, was asked some questions and I was told to wait for an email to go to orientation. It took about 1 hour to be in and out

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.