Uber Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Uber

3,397 Interview Reviews

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Interview

The interview process was very thorough and friendly. Tons of communication throughout the process. Great feedback after each step in the interview process. The transparency I was given by each person was greatly appreciated.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Came in for an interview and took about two hours to finish the through with the entire panel. It took around 2-3 weeks from the time I had an initial phone interview all the way to the final onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you've improved a process at work?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Internship Interview

Interview

HR was responsive and the interview was scheduled timely. The interviewer was very nice and I enjoyed talking with him. The questions were intriguing, asking to think about how I would approach to a certain problem.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick. Had a referral so the interviewer asked only a few questions. Question were based on the company. How did I find out about the job? Why would I be a good fit for the job? In what team based environment were you on before and how well did you work with other team members?

Interview Questions

Interview

The interviews with the recruiter were confusing, poorly managed, and just plain rude. I was stood up once and he was late to the remaining ones. He also forgot to tell me I was hired...? His explanation for the role didn't even match what I ended up doing, and he was entirely wrong about the benefits.

SMB Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uber (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied to the SMB Account Manager position for Uber Eats on their website. There is an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a video interview with a Jr. Manager, and for the final round interview there is an assignment to complete before speaking with the team's Manager and Sr. Manager via Zoom.

The Uber recruiter I worked with, Anabel, was amazing. She was responsive, transparent, and kept the process quick and organized. The Jr. Manager I spoke with was very personable and asked me some great questions, she made me very excited about the role and I felt like I could work well with her. I was given an assignment to complete before my final interview, and I had to create a presentation about a renewal/upsell for an existing client in my current role that I had to role play. The Manager and Sr. Manager asked very specific questions about my experience with KPIs, especially client retention/churn, along with account management strategies and objection handling. They were both extremely intelligent, and I felt like I could also learn a lot from them.

TIP: Be sure that you are prepared with specific examples of your experience, the final interview can be challenging if you do not prepare and do your research on the company.

Ultimately, they went with another candidate, but the recruiter called me to tell me the news. Overall, while I was not offered the position, I was impressed with the interview process and with the people I spoke with from the organization. I hope to be considered for a future opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize the accounts in your book of business?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

I applied and was asked some questions about myself and my schedule right after. I was also asked about my experience serving and bartending. They were very nice and excited to talk to me so I felt like I was valued.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uber (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I had a terrible experience interviewing with Uber Eats. The first time around, the recruiter cancelled on me then rescheduled only to let me know that the position I got referred to got filled, however they had another role that offered a 35k salary... no thanks.

One year later, I decided to give it another shot. Once again, the recruiter cancelled on me. We rescheduled and the initial screen went well, however for the 2nd round the hiring manager somehow ended up with a non-updated copy of my resume (from the previous year) and was grilling me about the wording on my resume that wasn't even applicable to the position. It made me uncomfortable.

They passed on me and when the recruiter gave me feedback, she had confused me with another candidate.

Overall, incredibly unprofessional experience.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uber.

Interview

Had a phone screen with an engineer after sending in my resume through a professional club on my campus. Used a collaborative coding environment on a call with an engineer. Started off by asking me about my general experience and going through my resume. Did not move on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• A question similar to deletion distance algorithms problem   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was in Pittsburgh. After a phone interview with HR talking briefly about my background, I was scheduled an onsite interview. Both are tech interview and each takes 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• 3 Coding questions in the first round. Background knowledge in the second round.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.