Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Ultimate Software Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jun 2018

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Reached out to a recruiter after meeting them at a career fair. Was scheduled for an interview within the week, but it took a very long time to hear back after being told it would only take 2-3 days. However, they were very nice and I can't say it was a bad experience.

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

4 Stage Interview: First, phone screening with recruiter; second, timed assessment exam taken online; third, in-person interview with two people; fourth, skype interview with the project manager. Everyone is extremely friendly and not intimidating.

Manager Interview

Interview

Easy, well informed process that I was well kept informed of. The offer came a little later than I had hoped but overall the process from interview to hire was seamless

Interview Questions

• Given they were in my field of knowledge, all questions, I felt were in line and comfortable / easy to answer   Answer Question

Systems Consultant Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in May 2018.

Interview

About a week and a half after applying I received a phone call from a member of HR talking about the position and if I was interested. The next step was to do a "Meet and Greet" with some of the hiring managers and the other candidates where you talk with everyone for an hour or so then do an assessment test. If you pass the assessment test then you get a call back that day to do two more interviews the next day.

The whole process was a little odd and awkward. You have a room full of people trying for the same job and everyone is just fighting for the hiring managers attentions. It just feels really forced and unnecessary. Also, the assessment test would have been a lot easier if I would have known to brush up on my math skills (I was told there was no way to study for it). The test is very focused on dealing with fractions and percentages and they don't let you use a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Two cell phones are purchased for $8000. One of them is sold at a profit of forty percent and the other one is sold at a loss of forty percent. The selling price was same in both the cases however.

Can you find out the cost price of the cell phones?   Answer Question

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen just a couple of days later. Then I took an assessment, which was nothing difficult, before moving onto a skype interview with one of the managers. The final step was an in-person interview with 3 managers. Overall the process was really smooth, quick, and transparent

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Ultimate?   Answer Question
    • Why are Tennis balls fuzzy?   1 Answer
    • Why are manholes round?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time where you had to use high level analytical skills to solve a problem   Answer Question

Rising Stars - Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview with a recruiting specialist, followed up by an assessment, a Skype interview with the Rising Stars Manager, and then a final panel interview with three Customer Success Managers.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when you had to tell a customer no? Why and how did you go about this?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

3 interviews. 2 Phone interviews, one in person group interview with other staff. A lot of questions about why you want the job, why you want to work there, what workplace culture you want to work in. Show you around the office

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to reach goals you set out to achieve? Have you ever had conflict in the workplace, how do you handle it? What do you like to do for fun? Why do you want this position? Tell me about yourself; Do you have any preplanned vacations?; How do you prioritize tasks, what do you do in a fast paced environment, how do you determine urgent tasks? What do you do during your free time? Why do you want this job? Why are you leaving your job? What work environment would you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • What’s the last book you read? Have you ever had a conflict with your boss, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Practice Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

I applied for the job online, the recruiter responded via email asking to speak with me and what days/time would be best. I responded with options and there was no response. Then when I followed up a week later to see if he still wanted to speak with me, we setup a time. He sent me a Google Calendar invite with his cell # to call him. I called at the scheduled time, no answer. I left a message....no call back and no email to apologize for missing the call. To have a well qualified candidate treated this way is just not acceptable.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)).

Interview

I had one interview on the phone with the recruiter, then in person with my supervisor, and then another call with my supervisor's boss. The interview was simple and fair. They were considerate since I had no previous IT experience other than my schools projects. They understood I was working full time while going to school, and focused mainly on my attitude. That plays an important role when getting a job in Ultimate: cultural fitness.

Customer Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Do your research! Do due diligence by researching the company; they will ask you what you know about Ultimate Software. Be sure to mention more than just recent honors and awards; mention things like their unique benefits package, outreach, communities, HQ, and most importantly their software.

The process for interviewing for me was a little unique given I worked for one of their clients and had to get approval from my previous (then current) job's Human Resources department. So heads up, if work for one of their clients or competitors, be sure to keep that in mind as it will slow the process a bit. My recruiter was amazing. She made the experience very personal and comfortable.

I had a series of interviews/of the overall process. One phone interview with the recruiter, One assessment, One in-person "blitz" interview from one manager to the next, with a total of three managers. The assessment has many common sense and math-related questions, so be prepared.

One thing I questioned a little was that I was not the only one present for the interview, given they knocked out all possible interviews at once and their was a group of us waiting between each one. This took the spark and anonymity out of the experience a little because it was never mentioned, and I assumed I was going to be the only one their for that period of time.

Everyone was cordial, professional, and very nice. The experience, in general was very good. For me the process took a little over one month, which was okay for me given I already was working at the time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.