Ultimate Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 13 Dec 2018

2.9

Sort:

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software in November 2015.

Interview

Initial discussion on the job roles and responsibilities from the HR Panel, followed by a PSR test link (Though they say it is one time link, the same linked worked fine after 8 - 9 months or so. I was able to resubmit the same PSR Test). There were 5 questions related to Performance testing approach / Planning / personal ability to adopt to changes. Ideal time given is 45 minutes. Can go upto 60 minutes to answer the questions. Once the PSR test was submitted, didn't hear from the team for several days. After a series of follow-ups on Phone and Email, finally got a response that it was through. Another technical discussion was set-up (telephonic). The conversation was completely on the job roles and responsibilities. Once this discussion was completed, I got a feedback that my interview was through and they wanted to invite me for a personal discussion on certain conditions (in terms of Salary negotiations). As I was not ready for those negotiations, It was considered as rejected.
    Have sent several emails after that to check if the position is still open and whether I can be considered for the open position. Didn't get any response beyond this point. ( felt little strange for a company, who claims people first). The HR guy even blocked my mobile number ( I tried reaching him on his desk phone several times and every time it goes to voice mail).never expected from an organization that is a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• Very generic performance testing concepts and roles and responsibilities   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

The process is painfully slow. I applied online and got a call next day from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a code test for the next week and she got back to me with a good feedback next day and told me to expect a second round of interviews. Didn't hear from them for a month, then schedule a phone interview which was more to review some of my background with a team lead. An onsite round of interviews was scheduled 2 weeks after this. I had 4 onsite interviews and tour of their headquarters, which is not quite Google but it is a great collaborative and creative environment. It was one very technical interview with some oop concept questions, whiteboard algorithms and different questions about what the output of a specific would be. The other 3 interviews, was one with the director of the department that was more personality, and 2 group interviews one with the team leads and another one with the integration managers, both a combination of technical, personality and experience, mostly questions about past experiences.

Interview Questions

• I didn't feel any question was very hard. I would say the hardest part was the code test. They give you a console application with the main method complete and tell you what they expect back when it runs. You have to create all of the classes for it. They are looking for you to use your oop concepts. I was just nervous between the time and having someone watching me code every single line.   Answer Question

The company culture is great and I would recommend it to anyone. But we couldn't reach an agreement, since their offer wouldn't cover my cost of living increase, since I was relocating and their relocation package is not great. I was upset at the fact that we were just $5,000 away from each other and they didn't wanted to increase the offer. Especially since what I was asking for is within their glassdoor salary range and the salary range for the area. That was my only negative about the process, otherwise if in the future if they come back with a better offer I would take it.

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter on the phone for about 1/2 hour before setting up and on-site. The on-site interview consisted of a skill test and 3 group interviews. Not a bad way to get to meet a lot of potential co-workers but it also didn't allow much of a chance to get to know anyone or styles.

After that day I had to wait a little long for the results.

Interview Questions

• No specific question was especially harder but I had a group interview with 6 people at once.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)).

Interview

- Background and experience screening with HR
    - 2 technical interviews by phone and online coding tests
    - On-site 5 round interview with several teams and various number of people. These varied from being very technical whiteboard type interviews, to more verbal and experience oriented interviews.

Interview Questions

• - A lot of object oriented programming questions.
      - A lot of full stack domain knowledge questions (REST, APIs, JSON, html, css, javascript, frameworks, etc)
      - Problem solving questions such as ordering algorithms and sorting algorithms, and time complexity questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a set of of interview both phone and then on site, since it was a referral the process didn't take too long. The one on the phone wasn't too long and a bit cold. On site everyone is really friendly, since the offer was not negotiable I didn't end up taking it.

Interview Questions

• Different types of questions, and some even were scenarios to see how you could come up with solutions quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly smooth. It was a set of 4 onsite interviews in a day after having done an online coding test. I got to the place and met my recruiter. We talked about my resume and things in there as well as expected compensation and a short problem solving question for 45 mins.

The rest of the interviews were more technical, but nothing out of the ordinary. Two interviews were whiteboarding. For the last interview I was given a computer and was asked to do some coding.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the software/algorithm for a pair of elevators in a new building?   Answer Question
    • Implement a recursive palindrome checker.   1 Answer
    • Given a function signature for a social security number checker, come up with test cases to make sure it works as specified.   Answer Question
    • How would you scale a given server cluster architecture?   Answer Question
    • Implement a world population counter in Java or C#.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

Phone interview, then went to an on site interview in Florida. The interview had behavioral questions and technical questions.They took me out to lunch and showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you find local mins/maxes in a graph (coding way)?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Software (Weston, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

There were 3 interactions. First hiring manager over the phone telling about the company, then manager with online test, and lastly face to face with same manager, technical interview with a tech lead, and finally a cultural interview with 3 other managers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ultimate Software.

Interview

shady company. position changing as i was interviewing, recruiter refused to tell me which position i was applying for. poster child for corporate waste. the talk about people first seems like a tired corporate slogan with little substance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions which weren't related to the job description or my skillset.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very straightforward interview process, they had a technical interview, basic Object Oriented Programming related questions, software testing interview, and a general questions interview.
    They also gave me a tour of their facility, which was alright.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP questions, what are the applications of object oriented principles   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.