UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

UnitedHealth Group Director Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.5

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Schaumburg, IL (US)).

Interview

This is perhaps the fastest and most efficient interview process that I experienced. The recruiter was timely, proactive and accessible. The hiring manager knew what she was looking for, which certainly helped to move the process along.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2018.

Interview

There several phone interviews as this role is entirely telecommute and the team is spread across multiple states. Initial screening was done with the recruiter then resume was submitted to the hiring manager for review. A 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager was scheduled which then lead to a week of 30 minute phone interviews with the rest of the team and leadership totaling in 5 phone interviews total. They quickly got back to me over phone and overall the process went pretty smoothly and efficiently. No hidden surprises.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on y our first 30 days?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The process took longer than expected, but it started before Christmas - so it could have been a slow start due to the holiday as well. My recruiter was very engaged, and the interviews were relaxed. The only thing I would have like to have seen was more engagement with the HR team. I would follow-up with emails (either after an interview or in response to a note from them), and there was no acknowledgement that my notes were received. But overall it was a good experience.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter from UHG contacted me and scheduled a call for an interview. We talked for about 45 minutes and discussed the opportunity and position requirements in detail. They explored my background in a few key skill areas.

Interview Questions

• What are my salary requirements   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Disorganized. Applied online. Received a form rejection email after 4 weeks. Approximately 2 weeks letter, received a second form email asking if I was still interested in the position, and if so, to resubmit the self-identification form. A few days later, I was sent a link for a very awkward video interview where I was recorded answering questions that appeared on my screen. After approximately a month, I was contacted for a live interview with the hiring manager. I was advanced to the next step and was scheduled for 4 30 minute interviews with other team members. I waited approximately 4 more weeks and followed up with the recruiter for a status at which point I was told I was not selected. This process does not give off a good impression for the organization - especially for experienced leadership roles.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational with a few generic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Executive Recruiter reached out within few days of applying online. Promptly setup calls with Hiring Manager. Was called for onsite interview. There were other candidates scheduled to meet with the Hiring Manager same day. Did not hear back from the recruiter nor there was any email update after that. Disappointed that they didn't bother to send out a notification that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about current role and projects. Was asked to define plan & strategy for a new project.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Met with 7 individuals over the course of 5 interview "dates". Never heard follow up after the last "interview". Some of the interviewers were late to the interview, and then others went well beyond alloted time. My time was not taken into consideration for this process. It is apparent that they also do not talk within their teams, as I am still getting contacted by recruiters for roles even though the last interview was never closed out. I would not work for this company based on this experience alone. It is evident that valuing others is not important to them.

Interview Questions

• They did not use interview guides, but instead carried on conversations about my previous experience.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I'll start off by saying, it's going to be a process. UHG is thorough in their hiring process, which being a hiring manager in my last position, is not a bad thing. They are definitely looking for talent, experience, and ensuring the candidate is a good fit for the company and vice versa. The interviews themselves were not overly challenging, as I feel I do quite well in this process, but the seemed never ending. I started with a recruiter and then had roughly six follow up interviews with various employees at various levels. Often times the same questions were asked, so they are either looking for inconsistencies, or they don't collaborate with one another to review the answers. Not sure which. All of the interview were very positive. The recruiter was very professional and answered any questions I had along the way. Just prepare for this to be a long process. Just keep in mind that UHG has 170k+ employees, so managing the recruiting and hiring process is not easy.

Interview Questions

• These all seemed to be fairly basic questions. "Tell me some professional attributes that would make you a good fit for the position", "Tell me about a time when you struggled to meet a deadline" etc.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in August 2015.

Interview

Painful and not very organized. I thought it was a meeting and it turned into an interview. Not very professional and not well communicated or informed. I was very surprised.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Pretty straight forward - Two phone screens with a recruiter and HR. Met with the hiring executive along with two other department colleagues. The whole process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Your experiences that would best contribute into the organization?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.