UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

3,551 Interview Reviews

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Very long process starting with video interview, HR phone screen, 1:1 phone interview with hiring manager, then 2 separate in person panel interviews. Most of the interviewers were very inexperienced, unprofessional, and even lied about why they liked working in the department (one manager admitted after I was hired she lied during interview and was actually "counting the days" until her 1 year in the department was up so she could transfer out of the department). The position turned out to be not at all as represented during the many interviews and didn't even follow standard company processes and policies. Once hired they said to disregard the job description, no longer relevant and perfectly "legal". Needless to say, I felt hood-winked by them all and accepted the job offer based on dishonest interview process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Murfreesboro, TN (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Position: Provider CSR
    The process was very quick, smooth, and positive!
    I don't remember how I learned about the position, but I'm sure it was Indeed. I am happy that it crossed my job search journey though. After I applied, I had to do some assessment tests. The next day I was invited to do a HireVue interview. My nerves were all over the place because I was so excited to work for the company so I didn't want to screw it up. There were 3 questions that you get a few chances to answer at your own pace. You record yourself and submit your interview afterwards for HR to review. The questions are set up in a way in which you should answer them as if you're telling a story. Be sure to use "first, next, etc." and end with a successful outcome (google STAR method). The HR dept was prompt with their response - after that 5 minute interview, I heard back from the company the very next day. They called to schedule a phone interview. I missed the call so they emailed me. I responded via email. The phone interview was scheduled the next week but could have been completed as soon as the next day (I gave myself time to freak myself out and search high and low for explanations to put myself at ease - just breathe and be yourself).
    During the phone interview, I was asked what my salary requirements were and she explained the position in more detail. The recruiter advised me to save any questions about the position for the face to face interview. I planned for the phone interview to be 30 mins; however, it was no more than 5 minutes that I was on the phone. She asked why I wanted to work for the company and scheduled my face to face interview for a few weeks out. Since Covid-19 is a thing, I had to do my face to face interview via something called WebEx. They ask that you block off 60 mins for this interview but mine was only 30 mins. It was pleasant and the recruiters were very nice. I told them that I was nervous about the whole thing and they told me that I was doing fine. I received a call the next day with great news - I GOT THE JOB! & I start July 2020

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to undergo change. What did you do and how did you prepare?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time you had to handle a situation that you hadn't planned for.   Answer Question
    • Were you referred by anyone?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Due to COVID19, the interview process was completely online. After the first round of video interview (submission of a recorded video through a portal), I was interviewed by one of the lead designers at UHG and their Director of UX.

Interview Questions

• Explain your approach to UX when you have no users to talk to.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I filled out the application on line. I submitted my resume, a cover letter, transcripts and previous job history. I then received a phone message stating that the Human Resource department sent me an email. I was asked to answer the email. The HR department wanted to know specific days and times that would work with my schedule to conduct a 60 minute phone interview. I answered the email and within the day I had an interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What salary expectations did I have?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 5 separate 15 minute interviews with different members of the leadership team. Each asked their own set of questions and once completed I was sent to the next interviewer's office.

Appeals Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Screening call with recruiter (behavioral questions) then hiring manger scheduled a video interview over webex (due to Covid). Heard back 6 weeks later with an offer and start date in two weeks.

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional because of the followings:

1. Set up a WebEx interview without providing the link to the interview. Cannot get ahold of the recruiter nor the actual hiring manager.

2. Reschedule the interview because what I mentioned above to the next day. The interview was canceled because the hiring manager was unavailable (supposedly), and I was promised another interview when the hiring manager was available.

3. Followed up the next day just to make sure that the interview was still happening, and no response from the recruiter whatsoever.

4. The next day I received an email and said that they no longer consider hiring me.

Overall summary was that there was no professional courtesy for such a reputable company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing at all, was promised an interview that never happened.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

I applied online and offered a Phone interview a week after I applied then offered face to face interview a day after the phone screening and got a call from the recruiter 2 weeks later saying They wanted to offer me the position. You get a bonus if you come in already licensed but they pay for you too get licensed in all 50 states

Customer Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

My first interaction occurred via a virtual career job fair April 1. Prior to April 1, I'd completed a profile/application with UHC Careers and completed 2 tests (call center/data entry, video scenarios). The virtual session was scheduled via Eventbrite 12-2 p. Approximately 20 mind into my wait, I was joined in a vapid chat by a talent acquisition team member, she opened the chat with, "how can I help you?". After mentioning that I was seeking information about the position, she asked me to hold, after holding she told me I needed to complete another test, I stated I'd taken 2, she told me there was a 3rd test, I chatted that I would sign off to complete the 3rd test and signed off. Upon returning to UHC Careers, the system acknowledged the 2 tests were completed (there was no 3rd test). Signed on at 1:30 to continue my chat again with talent acquisition but after waiting until 2 p, the virtual career fair ended.

On April 2, received an email for an interview call with a member of the talent acquisition team. My interview call was scheduled the following day. Later, received a "You Got The Interview" meeting/interview invite.

April 9, interviewed 30 mins. with talent acquisition, she was on-time, engaging and thorough (situational-style interview ): asked about background, motivation, and use of technology...attempted to understand my thought processes, procedural accumen, resourcefulness. Asked cursory questions NDA, citizenship, sponsorship required, any pending job applications, salary (if $19+/hr was OK? ), if I could commit to 12 week training in home (all materials supplied, by the way, WIFI was stated as a plus...if you don't have WIFI, UHC has a plan b, c, as backup for training)., general information about the role, asked if I had questions. Finally, she said next-steps is a video call via Hirevue, and she discussed the setup, gave some insight and success tips (e. g. setup a head of time, dress for success, etc).

Later, received a calendar invite for my pending video interview. Also, later received a call prior to my video interview from the talent team member to answer any questions and for support.

The 2nd video interview process was lackluster, and professionalism began dwindling to a halt (see addtl post).

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

This is what I wanted everyone read reviews to tell me!.I like hear mainly details.After applying for so many customer service jobs don’t let one or two No’s get you down.I applied multiple times.Last one I saw the we’re having a job fair in April and was like yes this is my opportunity to speak with someone and show my skills.I use my profile and applied beginning of March 2020.I then received a assessment a day after I applied which is pretty much behavioral questions.They are multiple chose, the agree and disagree question as well as different sceneries and how u would handle them.Main thing is they want to make sure u have compassion and is patient and caring for the customers.I don’t think u can fail it unless u are not a friendly or people person.Then 2days later March 10th I received a email requesting that I do a HireVue interview.When doing this step take a deep breath and dress professional.Good thing is u get a practice question so u can hear your response and view yourself.I only had 3 questions to answer again behavioral.I will list them as much as I can remember. 3rd step a day later recieved a call from a Mn number your may vary just be on the look out. Becareful and make sure u answer mines popped up as a scam likely so I was a Little hesitant to answer.Recruiter spoke with me and gave me details on the job and asked me simple question will list that.She stated because of the Corona Virus no fair will be held and a lot of managers will be working from home.She state’s she will like to take me to the next step and will reach out to a hiring manager to see availability.Once she got the availability she called me March 18th and schedule me a interview with a hiring manager that following Monday 23rd.Man I was excited but so nervous at the same time because this job is something I wanted for a long time.Career here I come (inside thoughts).I looked on YouTube how to answer behavior questions.Anxiety was kicking in and I wanted to get this over with and hear I got the job.So I researched reviews anything you name I did it on United healthcare.Mon came around I used my HireVue code on my phone and there was the hire manager.As stated she was working from home she pretty went over in details of the company core values,rules,what the company stands for, guidelines and training process which kinda put me at ease.Then there were questions throughout the process.Easy. She told me if she chose to proceed with me I should be receiving a email in 2weeks.I think I did good.If I had any question to follow up with recruiter. Wish me luck!!! I hope I was able to help someone out.So I’m anxious waiting to hear we want to proceed.😍

Interview Questions

• Step2: HireVue 3questions
      -Tell me a time when you had to go far and beyond for a customer? What was the end results?
      -Tell me a time when you had to take on a new responsibility?How did u handle it?
      -Tell me a time when you had to take on a task with little time?What was the end result?
      Step 3:(Recruiter)
      Are you able to work shift?
      Do u need any advance time off?
      Have you worked with dual screens?
      Are you able to work overtime if needed?
      Have you worked in a call center before?
      Will you be willing to work from home if needed to?
      Easy right....
      Step 4: Manager interview
      Same as Step 3
      Add on of reading a simple Script “Thank you for calling United Healthcare my name is________.How can I assist you today?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.