University of Derby UK Interview Questions

Updated 31 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Derby UK

University of Derby UK

Application

I interviewed at University of Derby UK

Interview

A quick meeting with relevant people involved in the project and project management. We discussed the project that I would be working on, the outcomes expected, and the university's help during the process.

Interview Questions
  • Are you confident in your abilities?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Interview process was interesting and challenging. I prepared very well for the interview. I did about two weeks preparation for the interview. I designed a potential course module, presented it to the panel and defended it. Competency based interviews followed after the presentation

Interview Questions
  • How would you source for funding to support research in the school? How would you help with the commercial activities of the department?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 months. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England, England) in Jun 2020

Interview

I applied for this position and was told that they were interested in proceeding further but they'd put the process on hold because of COVID-19 restrictions. They invited me to re-apply to this position in January 2021 but by then it was too late because I had already started in a new position.

Interview Questions
  • There were multiple detailed questions in the on-line application process.

University of Derby UK

Application

I interviewed at University of Derby UK

Interview

Online interview, panel with 3 people asking questions about background, motivation, future vision, goals/mission statement of the university, why applying for this position at this time etc , then scientific presentation to different audience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Excellent, fair, understanding and very professional Interview panel. Very well-organized interview, I began with a 20-minute presentation, followed by some general questions and professional questions. Finally, the panel answered all my queries about the role and the University.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Derby UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK in Nov 2019

Interview

Application to interview quite straightforward. The recruitment system was easy to use. 2 step interview with a main panel and a panel of colleagues. A tour was also offered, both offered a great chance to meet new colleagues.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buxton, East Midlands, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Buxton, East Midlands, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

Upon arrival the atmosphere of the University was quite nice with the receptionist who was rather welcoming and knew I was there for a job interview. The 2 members of the team that I met were very nice and friendly and the overall interview was well-conducted with a nice variety of questions. The only thing which confused me a little was the fact that there wasn't a table at the interview room to sit at - just chairs to sit on which I found distracting. But other than that, it was great. Although I didn't get the job, the feedback was very helpful and I'm going to use it towards improving myself when I get my next job interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you overcame a challenge and the necessary steps you took to do so?

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Derby UK (Derby, England, England) in Dec 2018

Interview

1) Assessment Centre, 2) 3 quiz based on skill, knowledge and general knowledge 3) interview 101 where you are asked about procedures and general knowledge of the research. It's a briefing/interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you prioritise between (list of tasks)?

University of Derby UK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Derby UK

Interview

Very basic questions, quite impressed with very simple customer service skills. I was considered for a more senior role but did not consider my experience to be supervisory enough.

Interview Questions
  • Please give one example when you've worked in a team to deliver good customer service

University of Derby UK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Derby UK in Aug 2018

Interview

less than one hour interview The interview process is a one stage process . The interview process includes about 10 Interview Questions includes how to describe your research to 14 years kid?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews