University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at University of Melbourne

2.8

PASS Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

You will be invited to apply after completing a subject with a high grade.

The interview process is quite simple and straight forward. Apply online, if successful you will have a face to face interview with the coordinator. The interview is about 30 minutes.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

It involved a two phase interview process. The preliminary interview took 30 minutes with a panel of 6 staff from the CIS department.
    I was shortlisted for the second interview stage which involved a presentation and standard behavioural interview questions.

Casual Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online via CTRS with the usual documents. After a few weeks they asked me to come in for an interview, which took only about 10 minutes. Very simple questions, was essentially offered the job there and then.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to tutor at the University of Melbourne?   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the structure of the tutorials at this university?   1 Answer

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2020.

Interview

Three of staff members interviewed me with very positive atmosphere. I made a presentation slides to address their request. I got the reply email after ten days of deadline and got the interview after twenty days of deadline.

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2019.

Interview

It started with a written application where you have to write about how you meet the selection criteria. Then, the next stage was the assessment centre which comprised of a partner activity, group activity, a writing exercise and a one-one interview.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Followed university criteria. A phone panel interview was set up. They asked standard questions and were very friendly. They called my references the following day and then made an offer.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in January 2016.

Interview

Round 1)Found a relevant supervisor and corresponded to him, I got the acceptance of supervisor
    Round 2) Applied for a scholarship which university offers
    Round 3) Interview with a professor
    Round 4) I received the offer letter

Interview Questions

• About my profession, data structure, sorting algorithms, ...   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne).

Interview

panel interview , joined by 3 people asking questions and observing while you answer them ,was fairly simple and technical in nature and was pertaining to lot of integration between various systems being used by employees and students, cloud based applications testing as well

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourselves in 5 years
      your strengths
      your weaknesses   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called by my future supervisor on Skype and we had an informal chat about my background and what's required to do a PhD. I could also pose questions about what to expect during the PhD , about many aspects

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in August 2018.

Interview

First, send out the portfolio, and once the interested, they would reply and arrange an interview. The interview included Q&A and project showcase. They would aske you about why you want to apply the job, your skills, availability and ideas related to design. And then they briefly introduced what the role would be.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work as a graphic designer in university?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.