University of Melbourne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Melbourne Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Melbourne

2.8

Research Officer Interview

Interview

Fast interview with clear role-related questions. Quick response and HR delivery of papers. No issues with the systems but onboarding was unclear and no real help from IT system. IT system was centralised with no one clear point of contact, same with finance and leads to widespread confusion

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied through the website and a one-round face to face interview with three interviewers. The interviewers first introduced the project and the university structure, then we discussed my experience and skills

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Two interviewers, one focuses on the academic ability, the other focuses on the HR issues. First, an introduction about the requirement of TA, and then the interviewer will ask several questions relate to the subject.

Interview Questions

• Whether your competences are fit for TA's job requirment.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

Interviewed for two roles, always by a panel of 3 or more. Both interviews were fairly relaxed and interviewers friendly and welcoming. Interviews were a combinations of usual questions (tell us about yourself) and behavioural questions i.e. In this scenario, what would you do?

Interview Questions

• What difficulties may you run into when recruiting individuals to genetics research?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Fort Lee, NJ (US)).

Interview

After submitting my application, the office contacted me with a few time/date options for setting up a video conference call with the two heads of the phd program. I was already told prior to the interview that I would be asked to 'elevator pitch' my thesis proposal, so I was prepared to do so.

It was a straight forward interview, asking me about my previous employment, why I was interested in obtaining a phd, and what will I bring to the program. My only qualm with the process was that both interviewees happened to have had issues with getting to a computer that had a video camera. They could see me, but I could not see them. Therefore, I had to act as though I was interacting with human faces, when I was actually answering questions to two desktop icons, moving my head back and forth between the two as though this was a natural conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Melbourne.

Interview

I was asked to meet the hospitality manager and we had a conversation about what the job profile is about. They asked for my availability and that's it. They took me around to show the place. I was asked to join in a week.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in July 2017.

Interview

Incompetent people making processes on the fly, they can ask you anything on your CV. You will often find incompetent sitting across the table from you. You will only get a role if they like you (race, age, seniority etc. )

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in June 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by a professor and asked to work on a project and provide a presentation on it. The presentation is 45 mins long and lots of questions at the end

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne) in April 2018.

Interview

Structured interview, but casual atmosphere. Was interviewed by my would-be direct manager, and a HR representative. Conversation style interview, relaxed and encouraging. Received an offer not 15 minutes after interview was complete.

Student Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Melbourne (Melbourne).

Interview

Assessment Centre with group presentation, working with other applicants to present a solution/plan to an issue in front of a panel of judges, and then completing the assessment centre with an individual interview

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.