University of New England Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of New England Interview Questions

Interviews at University of New England

2.8

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England.

Interview

Had a first round phone interview with the interview committee which consisted of about 5 people. Was then asked to come in for an in-person interview and was told to prepare a 5 - 10 minute presentation on anything I would like. Had lunch with the office and then gave the presentation to the committee and was asked a few questions. Did not receive the job and was never contacted to let me know they had selected someone else, had to find out online on their job portal.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a difficult customer experience you had and you how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • What would you do to ensure we were attracting the type of students UNE is looking for?   Answer Question

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of New England (Portland, ME (US)).

Interview

I got an email shortly after applying, I had a phone interview first, then an in person interview with three employees within that department. Once I interviewed it did take a few weeks to hear back, and I did have to reach out several times.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenging conversations and conflict?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford Pool, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford Pool, ME (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied for an Administrative Assistant position in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. I submitted my application on their online job platform, which requires the applicant to upload a cover letter and resume, as well as fill out a separate application answering a variety of questions (as well as re-enter your entire resume, which is redundant and needlessly time consuming when you are already uploading a resume). I received a call from a recruiter about a week or so later. The recruiter asked me to schedule a time for a phone screen. The recruiter was not at all personable and made me feel as if speaking with me was a chore. This was how all interactions following felt.

On the day of the phone interview, I was surprised by the two additional individuals who were there in the room for the phone screen, because the recruiter failed to inform me who I would be speaking with. I was prepared and comfortable enough but personally I think it's unprofessional not to inform a candidate who they'll be speaking with.
    My phone screen lasted approximately 15 minutes. I was asked about my take on customer service and about a time where I had to learn from a mistake at work, and that was the extent of the questions they had for me. I came prepared with questions to ask, but for either lack of interest on their end or failure to engage them on my end, their responses were rather short and that was the end of the phone screen.
    I was invited for an interview and went in for the in person the following week. I met again with the same three individuals (though I was yet again not informed, though at that point I had come to expect it). I enjoyed our conversation well enough, yet found their interview questions leaving much to be desired. I didn't feel as though they had much of an interest in getting to know me or really having a conversation with me, meanwhile I've had phone screens longer than my entire in person interview at UNE. It lasted approximately 25 minutes. I was asked very generic questions similar to those in my phone screen, such as what attracted me to UNE, and what my take on customer service was. I felt as though I really had to push through a wall to get to a place in the conversation where I could detail my skills and experiences. I was also asked a curve ball question "what animal would you be?". I understand that 1. recruiters tire of asking the same boring questions, and 2. it is often a test to see how one will react as much as it is a window into one's personality, but it felt incredibly infantile - like something I would ask a small child. I've had other questions like "what book is on your nightstand" that provide similar illumination into a candidate's personality and ability to think on their feet, but by using questions that are actually interesting and relevant.
    I was then told I would receive word about the final decision within the next week, which did not happen. After inquiry via email I was told in strategically vague language that they were in their final processes and that I would be contacted if anything else was required of me. No follow up to formally inform me that they had chosen another candidate. From a recruitment standpoint I find this very unprofessional. I understand if I wasn't the right fit, but at least give me the courtesy of informing me and not leaving candidates hanging.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Nowhere, OK (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Can't get to interview ... their online hiring process is flawed, they post positions for months sometimes years and can't find a "qualified candidate" to bring in for an interview. They are looking for pink elephants.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received email about availability regarding the post. Telephone Interview was conducted and the interviewer asked nearly 20 questions.The interview process was 1 hour long and asked questions related to teaching experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the process.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Portland, ME (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Director of the Department and the person currently in the Counselor position. The whole process took about 40 minutes. They told me a lot about the Department itself and how it worked with other departments on campus. I thought the interview went well. They told me I'd hear from them within a couple days. I sent 'Thank You' emails to both parties, but never heard back about the position. I did not expect to get the job but neglecting to send an email to the failed candidates who came in for an interview is not very professional in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• What is your take on customer service? What are important qualities to have when dealing with customers?   Answer Question
    • What is your working style?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a particularly difficult customer service experience, and how you worked through it.   Answer Question

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford, ME (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then two months later was contacted and given materials to prepare a teaching presentation. Preparation process took roughly couple of weeks and interview+presentation took around 4 hours. Was offered the job two days later.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biddeford, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford, ME (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied by submitting my resume and cover letter to the careers email address and was contacted to do an interview a week later. To my fault, I was unavailable the day they initially attempted to set up the interview so I planned to do a telephone interview instead while the department director was away on business. On the day of my interview, I called into the director and he did not answer. He returned my call over an hour later and asked if I was available to 'just go in' at that time to do an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Of course, I said yes to make myself flexible and re-arranged my schedule without any notice to accommodate the interview. The woman I met with was very sweet and I would've loved to work with her. Her passion and commitment to her job was evident and the interview was very informal and insightful. With that said, I didn't feel like I had many opportunities to discuss why I was qualified for the position, rather than her just telling me about the program. She even declined when I attempted to show a few pieces from my portfolio. I was supposed to have the opportunity to again speak with/meet with the director but I suppose in the meantime he met with another candidate that was an obvious fit and he did not want to meet with me. Two weeks after my initial interview I received an email that they offered the position to another candidate, which I appreciated. Overall this experience fell somewhere between neutral and negative for me. Their communication throughout the process was great, but it was very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with crisis planning and communication?   Answer Question

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biddeford, ME (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of New England (Biddeford, ME (US)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very time consuming. However, to be fair it is difficult to interview during the school semester. Coordinating of calendars, etc. is not easy.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Armidale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of New England (Armidale) in January 2015.

Interview

panel with 3 people , formal but professional , was a long time ago so difficult to remember . friendly staff not confrontational, interview panel made me feel relaxed and welcome and described the environment well

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.