University of Queensland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at University of Queensland

2.5

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Brisbane).

Interview

I was invited to interview one week after the closing date for the advertised post. The online application requested a cover letter, resume and written responses to selection criteria. I attended an interview with three panel members. The questions asked were loosely based around the selection criteria for the position. Details of referees were requested, though they were not contacted. I was telephoned fairly promptly post-interview to advise that I had been unsuccessful in obtaining the role. I was treated with respect at all times and felt at ease during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Please provide an example of when you have gone beyond what was expected of you in a role.   Answer Question
    • Please provide an example of when you have liaised with a number of different stakeholders.   Answer Question
    • What frustrates you in the workplace?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Brisbane) in July 2012.

Interview

They care about your research background, so it is extremely important do show your research potentials in your cover letter and CV. Then they gave me an opportunity to have a screen interview. The questions were not hard, and were very coarse, nothing specifically related to your present/past research topics.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Relaxed interview, discuss future career and possible projects.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Brisbane) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was a casual meeting. They were interviewing many applicants individually so each interview was very short. Not much preparation was required. They asked basic questions like my background, academic results and what courses I would like to tutor. I got the result about a week later via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Lucia

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Saint Lucia) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was more casual than I had thought but it still had it's merits. It was a group interview and first we were given a newspaper article. We had to prepare, as a group, how to structure a tutorial from key concepts using the newspaper article. Second, we were asked how we would prepare for a tutorial. Third, we were asked what improvements would you make to current tutorials and then that was the end.

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Brisbane).

Interview

Applied online, emailed with offer. Very casual.
    Typically high performance in the course and getting to know the lecturer before applying to tutor is a big help.

Interview Questions

• If your boss ask you do something that you think you may have better idea, how are you going to deal with boss?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Queensland.

Interview

There is only a round of interview with the program coordinators. The duration of the whole session was average, roughly about 30 minutes. You are expected to speak fully in English. Questions asked were moderately difficult.

Interview Questions

• What strengths do you have that can fit perfectly with the position that you have applied   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Lucia

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Saint Lucia).

Interview

The interview was in a group of maybe 10-15 people, a very casual style, and most people already new the staff conducting the interview to some degree. They asked basic questions about things you might do in the role (dealing with students, problems that may arise, etc). They later emailed saying whether you were successful/unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Questions probing such things as what you would do given a disruptive student or a student struggling to participate.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Queensland in March 2009.

Interview

I had the interview in person with the tutor coordinator. Questions include: previous tutoring experience, knowledge on the subject to be taught, would I be able to communicate effectively to first year students with 0 science background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. The pay is according to university regulation. You may be able to negotiate the number of hours you want to teach.

Technical Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Queensland (Brisbane) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the UQ website. I got an interview invitation email after approximately 2 weeks. The interview is at St Lucia campus in Brisbane, QLD. There were three interviewer included one manager and two superior memembers.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle the situation when there is a group of student ask you to perform the service?   1 Answer
    • If your boss ask you do something that you think you may have better idea, how are you going to deal with boss?   1 Answer
    • What do you think could be your most challenge if you was selected?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.