University of Sydney Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

University of Sydney Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Sydney

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Prescriptive. The recruiter will tell you exactly what the hiring managers want to hear and what how you should answer their questions to make a good Impression on them. While this is definitely helpful and beyond the remit of most internal recruiters it creates questions and potential flags about the culture of the organisation. I got the sense that they are looking for someone who will fit into a very specific mold. The recruiter was forthcoming about the culture when I asked her tough questions and my interpretation was that it is a political environment with Institutionalised thinking which makes sense as it’s a university. The recruiter initially called me after core working hours which raised a question about work life balance. I didn’t get a great impression from the interviewers and the recruiter never called me back.

Interview Questions

• If you were in this role for three months and we’re h happy, why would that be?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you dealt with an extremely challenging stakeholder and how did you influence them?   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Casual and friendly, the interview process was quite easy and the questions were straightforward e.g. "Why are you suited for this job?", "Tell me about yourself" but this may be different for others applying for a tutor role in a different faculty

BA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney) in August 2020.

Interview

I had a video interview over Zoom arranged by my internship coordinator. I was asked few general questions and some behavioral questions followed by technical questions based on my role. I excelled in the interview and got hired for the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you are fit for the role as Business Analyst Intern   Answer Question

IT Support Technician Interview

Interview

Applied online and the interview takes about three months. The review is just necessary for annoying glassdoor as it asks me too many times to make some contributions. Please ignore this as I mentioned.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney) in July 2020.

Interview

Adversarial. While times are tough and there are many more candidates than roles available, the University needs to understand that candidates are people too. I was interviewed by a panel of three over Zoom. Two of the interviewers (who were not from the University of Sydney) were personable and easy to talk to while the hiring manager (from the University) was rude, aggressive and seemed frustrated that they had to interact with me.

I called HR the day after the interview and withdrew my application. It was a horrible experience and left me feeling quite annoyed that I had spent time and energy preparing for an interview where I wasn't questioned about my skills and experience but asked to prove I had really worked at the organisations on my resume or won the awards I have.

Interview Questions

• If you had to set up a partnership with Company X, how would you go about doing that?   1 Answer
    • What role did you specifically play in developing and implementing the acquisition marketing strategy in your last role?   1 Answer
    • If you've won so many awards why are you interested in this role?   1 Answer

Mobile App Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Firstly it was an email to arrange an onsite written test. The email showed the test would need algorithm solutions and can be done in any language. But the fact was most of the questions were short answer about React, Flex, and Redux.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney) in December 2019.

Interview

It was really lovely and my interviewer made sure I was comfortable. It was clear they were looking for someone passionate for the role and was capable of handling stress.

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

No interview was required for this job. After submitting expression of interest through uni website, you get an email offer if they decide to hire you. Phd / honours students of the school have priority to be considered and they look at the academic transcript instead of delivering an interview.

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Sydney.

Interview

Firstly you apply online and if you are successful you will proceed to a one to one interview. The online application is a more important part, make sure you demonstrate how your past experience can link to the role or ask some student mentors for advice

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Sydney (Sydney) in August 2019.

Interview

introductory questions and overall working style explained. Then a lot of technical questions on my previous studies in computer science. very detailed. then asked work related questions. detailed on knowledge and procedures

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.