VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at VMware

1,601 Interview Reviews

3.1

IT Engineer Interview

Interview

Very fair interview process, they gave a 2 part technical interview that covers a wide range of topics. Make sure you study all subjects at a deep level. They did ask some questions that no one would care to know the answers too. But oh well

Interview Questions

• What are the processes at which BGP selects its best path   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

OA, Phone Call with recruiter then setting up a final interview. 3 interviews with lc and questions depending on what your recruiter worked in. review the epic2 values and have answers to typical behavioral questions

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, received quick responses. I went through one behavioral, one technical interview. They were pretty short, around 30 mins to one hour. Overall process took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to work with engineers to create a mock up UI using Unity.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The final interviews are two rounds with each of them taking about 2 hours. Interviews are not LC questions, but some user stories they are currently working on. The whole process took some while.

Interview Questions

• User stories that are related to what the team is working on   Answer Question

Interview

The first round consisted of two short initial video interviews. The final round was a final round hiring event, this consisted of a cultural presentation, one group assessment and two additional interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why VMware? Why sales? What motivates you? Why should we invest in you?   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (San Antonio, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Interview process is long, but VMware’s recruitment team is FANTSTIC. They’re so honest and they don’t leave you hanging or wondering what going on. Their structure is so transparent, making it a lot easier to go through the process. I had officially 6 interviews, besides de screening call. These were divided in 3 phases. First interview was with the hiring manager. Then the second round was 4 interviews with random members of the team and/or VMware in general. From coordinator level to senior level. This is actually amazing since it gives you the opportunity to ask questions to people in all levels and the fact that there was someone in a coordinator level, makes you see that they’re giving them the opportunity to get experience on a hiring process. Third and last round was with the global director of the department I was interviewed for.
    All the timeline they gave me, was real. After I had the last interview, got the offer next day. The team was so nice and diverse it was a great pleasure to see the values of this company reflected on their staff.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. Director’s questions were harder as they were a lot more open.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Everything including the interview and the panel was encouraging throughout the process.
    I heard very positive feedback throughout the interviews and then lost it to internal candidate.

I got exemplary feedback from the panel.

It is right thing to make path for internal growth. Just shows what a great company to work for!
    however, external candidates also feel very dejected after through out positive feedback and losing it to someone who could have been evaluated first.

May be something that is very common all across hiring companies!

Interview Questions

• What are your 3 major strengths!m?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter got in touch and whole process took about a month. The first round was tech screen with leetcode like question.

The onsite had one design round and other technical rounds with questions around algos and ds

HR Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Interview lasted overall 3 hours, which was very tiring for an introverted person. It included 1 in person and 2 virtual calls at their main office in California. Two of the interviews started on time, the third was 20 minutes late because the interviewer misread her calendar. All in all, they had fair questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview with Technical Question: First the interviewer briefly introduced himself then asked me to do the same, then quickly jumped into the technical algorithm question with shared screen. The interviewer was polite and helpful, and was willing to give hints to solve the problem.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.