VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2018
1,040 Interview Reviews

3.2

Interview

1 online screen (hacker rank)
    1 phone interview
    Onsite consist of 5 interviews

Hard, but everything was from Cracking the Coding interview. Very straightforward interview process with no behavioral section. 7 interviews in total, all coding questions. Just prepare algorithms/data structures.

Interview Questions

• 1 bit manipulation, 1 DP, 1 strings manipulation, 1 binary tree/linked list.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The interview process is similar to any interview process at other large companies. There are several people to talk to (i.e. recruiter, hiring manager and team members). Some questions are technical, others are to determine if you're a fit for the job and team.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

1. contact from hr
    2. phone screen
    3. on site interview
    4. HR follow up
    5. Offer
    6. Negotiate
    7. Accept
    8. Document stuff
    The whole process is pretty quick and smooth. I can tell did well as the hiring manager came out as scheduled to greet me and provide feedback right away. Offer came the second day.

Sales Interview

Interview

Challenging but incredibly rewarding to get through the process and receive the offer. I would recommend applying to all of my peers and it helps if you are a referral.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most challenging tasks that your manager asked you to complete during your previous company's employment? Did you succeed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

There was an initial Phone screen with basic questions about interests and gave an over view of the job and team and then an hour long Technical Interview was set up

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

There will be initial screening from Recruiter. Recruiter will get as much details about your background, work, expectations etc. Based on fitment to the job a person will get a link to HackerRank test. Once HackerRank test is completed you will be called for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Hacker Rank Coding test followed by Onsite Interview   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted on LinkedIn asking for my resume. He sent HackerRank coding challenge telling I have to finish it by end of next day. Coding challenge had 4 questions with 60min. And each question were page long to read, which in itself would take 10+min to read and understand each question and they weren't simple enough to be completed in 5min. Will be evaluated on number of passed answers and not on your code/approach/thought process, so don't try to solve all questions with partial answers but make sure to submit at least 3 questions with no errors. I submitted with 2 perfect answers and 2 partial and was rejected in an hour.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Bellevue, WA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out in response to my application on LinkedIn for a Senior Software Engineer position in their office in Bellevue, WA. First step was a HackerRank test then I was invited for on-site interviews which were such a mess.

My first interview was with a senior technical team member who barely allowed me any chance to talk, told me 3 times that "my responses were not good enough for a senior engineer", left the interview almost abruptly after 30 minutes without setting up phone call with my next interviewer, which - according to the receptionist I asked for help - he was supposed to do.

My next interview was with a remote team member who seemed to have been brought in at the last minute to fill in for an interviewer who could not make it. He asked if I had a laptop so he could send me a coding question online. I told him I was not asked to bring one, inquired whether they had loaners but they didn't. We agreed to reschedule the interview on another day. I reached out to the recruiter with all these details and told her I was not interested anymore.

I was later contacted by the Product Director who was generally friendly and candid. He apologized for the bad experience, said the team member I met with was "challenging to manage" yet too vital to let go, and promised to have a conversation with him. He asked me to resume the interviews, said I probably won't have to work with that individual. I thanked him in response but decided I was not interested.

Senior Sales Operations Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at VMware in January 2018.

Interview

A complete waste of time! Recruiter was late to the call and didn't even acknowledge her tardiness. The interview in general was average, nothing out of the ordinary. At the end, the recruiter mentioned she would reach out to provide status no later than by the end of the week but to feel free to contact her if I had any questions. The end of the week passed without hearing from her. The following week I sent her an email asking if she could please provide an update. I never heard back from her. The lack of unresponsiveness and uncaring attitude has completely changed my positive views I had of this company.

Interview Questions

• What else can you tell me about your experience as an operations manager?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Interview
    Applied VM Ware career site. Got HR Call and asked about my availability for online coding test. There are two technical questions to answer in 60 mins in Hacker Rank. Don't remember exactly, but I write what I remebered.

Interview Questions

• Find all dupliacte files in the system without use flattening with some condition don't remember exact.   1 Answer
    • Implement live digital clock in console window, hint: use threads and refer MSDN.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.