VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1,078 Interview Reviews

3.2

Staff Engineer, VSAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

I was reached by a recruiter, and transferred to another, then another ...

Worst on-site interview ever. When chat with hiring manage at lunch, I was asked to give a brief intro. Then he realized that I'm not quite fit and asked if I wanted to cut.
    What? Didn't you ever see my resume before?

Not worth to waste your time on vSAN team.

You can image how bad it could be to work with these careless people.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

From initial phone screen to on-site interview it took around two weeks. Feedback took another two weeks. Most of the on-site interview questions were on design and ReST. Pretty easy. They should never have inexperienced developer in their panel. And there was one. They ask silly core Java questions and reject any answer if they haven't heard about alternative answer. While couple of them seem uninterested in interviewing. No lunch was offered either. Not a good place for interviewing.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The first round is a pre screening process where i was given a hackerRank link in which I had to solve 4 questions in 60 mins. The questions were pretty okay to do but the problem statement was very long.
    I was able to do 3 questions correctly and 1 with partial output. I got selected for the next round.

Member of Technical Staff Cloud Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Bellevue, WA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I approached the recruiter through LinkedIn for Member of Technical Staff Cloud Services Intern position. Then was asked to fill a questionnaire and complete a HackerRank challenge which had 4 coding questions to be done in one hour. I gave perfect answers for all the 4 questions and passed the test. Then a one hour phone screen was setup. The interviewer was very friendly and I was asked to code a sparse search on codepair. I cleared the first round and second phone (last) screen was setup. The second interview was much easier. The interviewer asked about JAVA basics like hashcode of an object and 2 binary tree questions for inorder and level order traversal for which I was also asked to do complexity analysis. I gave O(n) solution using recursion for both. After 3 days got a mail from recruiter that they are going ahead with other candidate.

Overall, it was a very positive experience. Both the interviewers and the recruiter were very friendly and supportive.

As long as your basics are clear and you have good practice of data structures and algorithms, you should be good to go. Hope this helps :)

Interview Questions

• HackerRank :

1) Code a binary tree algorithm
      2) To check an ip address is IPv4 or IPv6
      3) Find minimum unique sum of an array
      4) get the count of set bits and position of set bits in a binary number

Phone Screen 1:
      1) Sparse search ( search in a sorted array containing empty strings)

Phone screen 2:
      JAVA basics and Inorder and level order traversal of binary tree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to set up a 45-minute technical phone interview. Heard back 2 week after the interview and the recruiter told me I got an offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had about four interviews, they really want to know the people between the process.

But the hiring process is quite slow, it took 6 weeks or something since my last interview, so, get prepare.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2018.

Interview

HR call, senior consultant phone interview 1, senior consultant phone interview 2, and then video call by hiring manager. The HR call was to talk about the position (not actually an "interview"). The remaining three interviews questioned your personality and character. They want to hire really good people who will fit into the company culture. Definitely do your research on EPIC2 values and impress them with that. They are a great company looking for great people - be yourself and always be honest. They asked me if I was ready to lead a team, and I answered no, but the interviewer appreciated me for being honest.

Interview Questions

• Subnet, modem, router, active directory/DNS, switches   Answer Question
    • Best and worst team experience   Answer Question
    • What are the EPIC2 values? Which one resonates best with you?   Answer Question
    • What does VMware do? Why do you want to work here? Why are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Career goals and how you expect to achieve them   Answer Question
    • Have you done your absolute best at school? What is something you wish your university would have offered if you could go back in time?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Most important thing/quality about a consultant? Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you like technology?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

It was a pretty chill interview process. I interviewed for their kernel development and graphic's team. They asked me about my personal projects and talked a little bit about the position. I had to do a whiteboarding problem.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2018.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Process took about 2 weeks. HR contacted me a week after I applied. And did usual screening, like tell me about your self then he set up technical interview with hiring manager next week. But the interview with hiring manager was not at all technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical Phone Interview: Tell me about your work experience, your three skills and weakness, your hobbies, how would your friend describes you in three words. And then she gives the details about the role, and asked me if I have any questions to ask.   Answer Question

Director of Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with Sr. Director. The phone interview was 30 minutes but appeared to be a Q&A but nothing more than simple questions. The questions were basic. The interviewer was nice & a good communicator but lacked the ability to ascertain the information being conveyed to him and just repeated it verbatim as a filler. Senior Director level but he did not have the depth of experience in technical information to form a conclusion about anything. He was not very experienced technically.

Interview Questions

• Did you work on Saas? Yes, and what's the point of asking? Most of high tech is saas based:-)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.