VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at VMware

1,551 Interview Reviews

3.1

Solutions Engineer Interview

Interview

The most insulting process ever. Even with an internal referral from a Staff Solutions Engineer I got a random generated note within 8 hours saying sorry. No explanation. No way to get a hold of people. This was for Carbon Black. I have a great resume when it comes to EDR.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware in August 2020.

Interview

Online assessment, it was difficult unless your saw the question before. Lots of guys research the previous questions so they can get the answer before the OA even started. It is not fair that the first process is not an efficient way to filter out the candidates.

Interview Questions

• The hardest one is same as 'slope trick' in codeforce   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I attended a phone interview. I got the opportunity via linkedin.
    It was a coding round with coderpad. I was also asked the test cases validating this problem.
    It was a medium interview if one has seen this before.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, find the longest common Substring   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Hackerrank with multiple choice and coding exercise, then on-site with four technical interviews. Focused on systems knowledge and algorithms, no questions harder than Leetcode medium/easy. Recruiter called within a week with an offer.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Screened by HR recruiter. First interviewed with hiring manager (Director) then additional interviews setup after passing this 'gate'. Interviewed with three additional leaders at Director level. Process started slow after screening with recruiter then accelerated when interviewing with leadership.

Interview Questions

• Share experience defining KPI's and measuring success of project?   2 Answers

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview process was a bit chaotic and disjointed. Received an email from HR saying they were moving on with other candidates and then a few days later an email from the hiring mgr to say that they would like to have me talk to other folks. The right hand didn't seem to know what the left hand was doing.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at VMware in June 2020.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through Linkedin and said the Hiring Manager wants to talk to me. The recruiter was prompt in arranging calls and rescheduling it due to HM's schedule. It was a video call and I was well dressed up and was expecting atleast professional attire from the HM for the call. The call started well by introduction from me and the job role and responsibilities discussion.
    He asked few problems which their team is facing in their automation project and how I would take the approach to solve it. I did gave my approach in details, but it seems he did not like the approach.
    The most negative point was his family members moving around in front of the camera during the call and looking at me in the camera. It was so embarrassing and distracting for me.
    The HM was constantly getting distracted from the interview and was chatting or replying to mails.
    The interviewer needs to understand that if we are taking out our valuable time for the interview , then the interviewer also needs to respect our time.
    Did not accept this from a top company like VMWare. Hope they take a note of it.

Interview Questions

• Multiple Test Suites are running, how to extract results from each execution and classify in different modules   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (San Diego, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Week 1: Application submission via employee referral
    Week 2: Recruiter email asking to speak with me and recruiter phone screening
    Week 3: Zoom interview with hiring manager
    Week 4: Zoom interviews with 3 team members
    Week 6: Offer received

Overall, the recruiters and interviewers were extremely professional. The recruiters were prompt in their responses and made sure to keep me in the loop with the process. One thing that struck me about the interviewers was that they all genuinely appeared to be happy employees. It's rare to speak with people who can endlessly list the reasons why they love working for their company.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working in cross-functional teams?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter. The next step in the interview process was a video call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was super friendly!

Interview Questions

• What is your process with any tech companies you've worked with in letting customers know about an upgrade or new product launch?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Interviewed over 6 weeks with 4 different engineer. Pretty easy questions.
    The recruiter was really really bad though. Unresponsive to emails for weeks on end. Got ghosted by her after 2+ weeks

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.