VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at VMware

1,526 Interview Reviews

3.1

MTS3 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Absolutely no diversity in the team. All the members were Indians who asked nitty details of the programming language or in networking.
    Recruiter call - nice person but has no idea about the interview process
    Phone interview - coding question. Solved and verified edge cases. The interviewer is terribly rude who didn't even apologize for showing up 10min late.
    Video on-site:
    5 rounds
    Each of them asked a coding question(LC medium). Nobody had an idea what the other interviewer asked as I don't think they even had a discussion about it. Hiring manager was the worst. He was not selling me or even explaining about the role but was interested in me proving my credentials. He said he just moved to the US which makes sense in the way he conducted the interview or the process. It felt like I was interviewing for a college part-time job.

Quick feedback about the reject which was the best thing of the interview. Appreciate the recruiter for his efforts. Recruiter hinted that many interviewers were unhappy with the interview process in general for the team as he said he got similar feedback from other candidates. Most of interviewers tried to prove their knowledge about something rather than trying to get to know my understanding or experience.

Advise is to implement a process and train interviewers in the way they speak to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• networking nitty stuff - headers, flags, troubleshooting scenarios   Answer Question
    • lru cache
      bst
      dynamic programming
      string manipulations   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in December 2019.

Interview

I applied through JumpStart and got scheduled for a phone screen with a recruiter. The phone screen just went over my resume and it was just an opportunity for the recruiter to get to know me better. After that I was scheduled to interview with a manager for the TAM role. Around the time for my interview to begin the manager had to reschedule my interview because of a customer emergency (which was fine for me). After rescheduling I had the interview. The manager was very friendly. However, he was also very unprofessional. I could tell that he was driving somewhere and he was a little preoccupied. Once he got to his destination and entered a building he paused the interview to say hello to people which I thought was very weird and unprofessional. I believe during the course of the interview he went home and back and remarked about how no one saved him mac and cheese. (Like huh?) Very very cringe. It was literally the most unprofessional, joke of an interview I ever had. It was very very strange to say the least.
    After ending that interview, I received an email about two days later stating that I had moved on to the final round and was going to have a face to face interview at their office in Columbus. I was told that travel details will be soon given to me. But two business days before my interview I received nothing! I then reached out to the recruiter and received a reply stating that my interview was actually not finalized by the hiring manager. (But they already confirmed a date for me and were going to send me flight details!!) I reached out to the recruiter twice in the span of about a month asking when my interview would be rescheduled which she replied that the hiring managers have still not given her a date (three weeks after my final week interview was supposed to happen...). After a month of patiently waiting for my final interview to be given to me I was rejected! VMware's TAM role interview has been the most unprofessional, and rude interview process I have every gone through in my life. They have absolutely no regard for your time and for their word. I highly recommend to NOT apply to the TAM role because they give you false hopes and retract what they say. Such a waste of time.

New Grad Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The phone screening was pretty quick, they recruiter kind of rushed through the process so sometimes I didn't get a chance to respond to questions how I eanted to.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Three to four technical rounds. Depends on the team recruiting you. Interviews are conducted again if you join another team as full time employee. Focus on OS Concepts, Algorithms and Data Structures. Practice on HackerRank and Leetcode.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

It was a 2hr interview. The first two sessions were 45mins, the last session was 30 mins. Each part of the interview process is with different people, you sit in a room and different people come in for each of their sessions. The technical part is the hardest part, I would say brush up on coding, SQL and general knowledge of Internet Protocols.

Interview Questions

• For the technical part, they give you a code to solve, then an SQL question and then a troubleshooting question. 45mins   Answer Question
    • the communication part is basic customer service questions and you experience handling certain scenarios. 45mins   Answer Question
    • the last part is one abstract troubleshooting question, like if an app on your phone isn't working what do you do or if you get a call from a customer saying they can't process payment what do you do. Then you ask any questions you have about the company and or the role.   Answer Question

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The company sent a dear john note 6 months after I applied and reached out via LinkedIN. Completely pathetic and lazy. I had a friend who went through 7 interviews and then was declined the job, as they hired someone from within. Incredibly unprofessional and disrespective to say at least.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone and onsite interview. The on-site interview was focused more on vision of the company than product knowledge. Watch the Pat key-note address and you’ll have the background. They were not looking for specific product categories or product names

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial recruiter call -- poorly organized next Technical interview call , she had it set up 15min late without my consent (corporate recruiter but acting like a contractor recruiter who just wants to setup an interview to get the bonus)
    Technical online questions and what I be done before
    Onsite , first he thought I was referred but he found out he had got the wrong profile

Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter to set up a prelim screening over the phone, then moved on to a phone interview with a hiring manager. The final interview was 3, 1hour interviews with hiring managers.

Overall a very positive experience. Will Thompson, the recruiter I worked with was fantastic. He was thorough, very professional and prompt in his communication. His timeline and expectations for the process unfolded just as stated in our initial call.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

It was regular schedule. I am an MBA from top school. Few of interviewers were not aware of the scope of Product Management Field. One of them was a Program manager, who had never worked in any Product_related_tasks or responsibilities. He got some Product_jargon from the internet and was forming sentences . It seemed like they wanted to impress me with their questions. Another person was a Tour guide few years back, and somehow had snagged his current position in Engineering leadership role. The interview process was a one-upmanship. I am not sure, if VMware maintains a culture in the company, or anyone without a relevant background is hired to position of Authority. They in turn hire, others who are lower IQ than themselves, so everyone is controllable.

Interview Questions

• General Questions picked off the internet., with no relevance to the tasks associated with the responsibilities of the Open_Position.   Answer Question