VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

VMware Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

1,545 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Three to four technical rounds. Depends on the team recruiting you. Interviews are conducted again if you join another team as full time employee. Focus on OS Concepts, Algorithms and Data Structures. Practice on HackerRank and Leetcode.

Senior Integrated Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The company sent a dear john note 6 months after I applied and reached out via LinkedIN. Completely pathetic and lazy. I had a friend who went through 7 interviews and then was declined the job, as they hired someone from within. Incredibly unprofessional and disrespective to say at least.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Phone and onsite interview. The on-site interview was focused more on vision of the company than product knowledge. Watch the Pat key-note address and you’ll have the background. They were not looking for specific product categories or product names

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (San Jose, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initial recruiter call -- poorly organized next Technical interview call , she had it set up 15min late without my consent (corporate recruiter but acting like a contractor recruiter who just wants to setup an interview to get the bonus)
    Technical online questions and what I be done before
    Onsite , first he thought I was referred but he found out he had got the wrong profile

Renewal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter to set up a prelim screening over the phone, then moved on to a phone interview with a hiring manager. The final interview was 3, 1hour interviews with hiring managers.

Overall a very positive experience. Will Thompson, the recruiter I worked with was fantastic. He was thorough, very professional and prompt in his communication. His timeline and expectations for the process unfolded just as stated in our initial call.

Principal UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

Long and drawn out process. VMWare recruiter reached out to me. From start to finish it was almost a 4 month process, and in the end they never got back to me to tell me the result. Extremely unprofessional from start to finish, and completely uncoordinated recruiting team. They never sent me a single job description and said they were looking for "multiple roles" for me. I would not have accepted a position here even if they did reach back out for an offer. The culture here seems nonexistent. They have a directive to hire designers, but have no idea what they are looking for. I would avoid VMware. Go to a company that cares to hire talent.

Interview Questions

• Portfolio review and some contrived sketching exercises.   Answer Question

Microsoft Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Miami, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

By speaking to a recruiter at a career fair, I was able to bypass a phone screening and get an in-person Interview. The interview started late and I was given less than 30 minutes to talk about myself and then solve a coding problem. The problem wasn't difficult, but I would state that I did feel a little rushed.

Interview Questions

• Take a sorted array and create a binary search tree from scratch   Answer Question

Full Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Worst recruiters I've ever experienced. A recruiter based in Australia reached out to me for a Bay Area role. I told her I was interested and didn't hear back until I emailed her again to touch base. She then wanted to book a coding interview the DAY AFTER I had emailed her. Was extremely unflexible about it. I took the phone interview. About a week later they emailed me saying I passed and would hear from another recruiter about onsite. Eventually did hear from a recruiter (Canada based this time), who proceeded to send me 4 emails about my onsite schedule (she would email me every time it changed). Would have preferred they settle it internally and send me the final schedule rather than daily updates but ok. In all of these updates, she never bothered to tell me which VMWare office I would be interviewing at until I asked if it would be in SF or Palo Alto.

When my onsite finally happened, I arrived 15 min early as they requested of me. My interviewer was late. He decided to start the interview while walking me to the building where my interview would happen. Weird but fine. When it came time for questions in my first 3 interviews, all of my job specific questions were responded with "Wait until your hiring manager interview to ask that".

I was scheduled to have a half hour break after the first two interviews but my third interviewer came in and said he was ready to interview me now. I asked for 10 minutes and he said ok. By the time I got back to the room he was already there waiting to start.

When my hiring manager interview finally came. Another person walked in and said the hiring manager was unable to make it. When I tried to ask this person the questions that had been pushed to the hiring manager portion, he said I should have asked one of the previous interviewers these questions as he didn't know the answers because is from another team!

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Applied online. Received follow-up from HR about a week later. Had a 30 minute conversation that went well over but it was because we both were having a great conversation. Got invited to a 30 minute conversation with the hiring manager. Couple days later got invited for on-site. Interviewed with five individuals on the team. Asked behavioral and high-level technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference and benefits between containers and virtualization?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I first had an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, then followed by a 4 person panel interview the next week. The next step was another interview with the manager I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What are your hobbies outside of work?   Answer Question