VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at VMware

1,446 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in February 2008.

Interview

Phone screen.
    Onsite interview - I felt onsite interview very un-organized. They kept changing conference room. I was roaming around in the middle of the day because they could not find a interviewer. HR came in the middle of the day to plug the whole, could not fill it full thought.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After exchanging a few emails, he arranged a phone interview. The phone interview last about an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions were like:
      - why vmware
      - what is difference between process and thread
      - how to you debug a server process which crashes randomly   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware in August 2014.

Interview

Very bad experience with VMware. I took the phone interview on Aug. They gave me an onsite on Sep. 18th. 10 days before the onsite, they send me an email and told me they have to remove me from the onsite since they realize I am a new graduate student. I have to cancle my ticked and reschedule all my other interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

Interview

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware in October 2014.

Interview

Apply on career fair, got an on campus interview. 1 hour long. Questions are easy, basic data structure coding on white paper. Also some operating system question , mainly definition~

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

I got referal from employee and got response after 2 weeks. They arranged a 45 mins phone interview. The interviewer was quite nice. I didn't manage to write the complete solution to the coding question but he let me send the code within 30 minutes, it could just for formality though.

Interview Questions

• Not so many difficult questions. At first some OS questions about thread/process, deadlocks, followed by a coding question that find the next smallest node in a BST then the given number. I was not well prepared though.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two phone interviews and a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The first phone interview was with a recruiter who basically checked boxes to ensure that I met basic qualifications. The second phone interview was with the hiring manager. Questions were a mix of situational and technical. The third interview was face to face. More situational questions than technical questions. There were also some general problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a superior that requires you to commit to unrealistic or unobtainable goals?   Answer Question

The salary was not in line with my expectations given that the position would increase my commute by nearly 30 minutes each direction.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The process was essentially painless. I met the recruiter at a career fair, and we arranged an interview on the spot. The interviewer was running a few minutes late, but ultimately was polite and knowledgeable. The interview itself was very easy for the role I was looking at – iOS developer. At the end, though, I expressed my reluctance to work in Atlanta, AirWatch's only location, which I believe resulted in the company not wanting to take the process any further.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were challenging. The most difficult, though, was, "describe the functioning of APNS," Apple's push notification system.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware in October 2014.

Interview

I had two back-to-back interviews with VMware on my college campus.

The first interview was with a hiring manager. It was non-technical and lasted 45 minutes. It primarily consisted of a brain-teaser question unrelated to software. This interviewer was professional and informative.

The second interview was easily the worst I've ever had. The interviewer was arrogant, impatient (to the point of interrupting me to ask the next question), and made it clear within the first 10 seconds that he had no interest in interviewing me. The first question he asked was a brain-teaser unrelated to software. The second question he asked was an algorithm question. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, and I fully regret not walking out after the first 5.

Based on this experience I would never consider working for VMware.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware in October 2014.

Interview

It is a On campus interview. At first I take the online quiz on the Hackerrank.com. Then they managed a interview in the campus. The interviewer can not write code, only ask me a puzzle. And then ask me about the resume. The whole interview last about 30 minutes. And a week later, I get the result.

Interview Questions

• Given 25 horses, and 5 tracks. Only at most 5 horses can be in one round's match. Ask at least how many rounds to get the three most fast horses.   5 Answers