VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

1,526 Interview Reviews

3.1

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Online hackerrank interview first, then 4 45 min interviews onsite. There was a lot of sitting around with other candidates, one of the interviewers seemed stressed out. I should have prepared for anything other than operating systems questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Hr Phone
    Technical Phone: Used code pair for coding.
    He was very friendly and told me that the structure of the interview.
    If any question for the interviewer
    First on my technical skills - Explain your experience with Spring Spring boot?
    Explain something about Microservices
    What is mircro-services architectures do you know?
    Asked based on what I told. How would different services communicate with each other.
    Onsite interview: 5 Rounds with different panels (45 minutes each) - one on one
    Several questions on the development process like Jira & scrum and HR.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

Interview

1) Coding Assessment - 90 minutes to finish 2 coding questions and 3 multiple choice questions. Pretty standard and fair algorithms and data structures concepts tested.

2) Onsite Hiring event - 4 rounds of 45 minute interviews with various VMWare engineers. Each round contains trivia questions about OS concepts and 2 white board questions. It was very technical heavy so make sure you know OOP, algorithms and data structures, operating systems, and your projects on your resume in detail.

Unlike other technical interviews, the interviewer does not help you when you are struggling with the problems, so make sure you explain your process well.

Got a verbal offer 2 business days after and a written offer 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Write code to do an inorder BST traversal with recursion and without recursion. Explain in which case you would choose one implementation over the other. Explain the runtime of each.   Answer Question

Process Excellence Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was directly called for f2f interview, no screening was done on the phone. On reaching, interviewers themselves were confused as so which time slot I was supposed to be in. One of them even asked me if I was late, the other apologized since an earlier candidate had come in late.

The first round went well where I was explained about the role and asked questions about my fit. The second interviewer kept interrupting every answer I was giving and felt like he was hurrying through the entire process. Overall a very demotivating experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions on some six sigma basics   Answer Question
    • Situation based questions- biggest project, challenges faced, how do you influence someone etc.   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for an Automation QA role. It was a 3 week interview process. I was referred by an employee.
    1. Hiring Manager phone call - general experience questions
    2. Coding Interview - On hacker-rank. you will be given a question and ask to execute the code and get the correct result. so main/driver function would also need to be written.
    3. Onsite Interview - 5 rounds of an hour each, wrapped up in a single day. Mostly around programming and experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Coding interview on hacker rank - Reverse a string using linked list
      2. Onsite - Print all pairs in an array that sum up to a given value
            Prime Numbers   Answer Question

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware in August 2019.

Interview

Either they have no idea what to ask to filter a candidate they are looking for or they are training a new interviewer at the expense of the jobseekers.

Their questions are entry-level questions. You can easily succeed in the first draft.

I did not expect this from VMWare. I have been in IT for a few years and I had a respect for the company.

Interview Questions

• 1. SQL- given two tables [Person] and [Address]. Find every person's first name, last name, and address. It is a left join question.
      2- Reverse a string - (asked him if I can use StringBuilder and he is not happy, so I used the iteration method)   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional and careless. HR called for scheduling interview and she was sounding bit rude and was in a hurry. However, the 1st technical round went really well, Answered & executed all the questions & programs except for 1.

Waited 2 weeks for the update but no reply from HR, then dropped an Email to verify and came to know that I was not selected for the 2nd round and they are looking for some strong programming background. I asked the HR to recheck with the team again as all my programs were executed correctly and in the correct approach but she didn't reply.

This was really shocking for me. Upon further investigating, I came to know that they don't save the interview details and it's entirely up to the interviewer to decide. So now I have no way to ask them to go back and check my codes.

I wonder how can a big company have such weak interview process? How can a single person without the code review with the team or manager decide when all the programs executed are correct?

This was a terrible experience for me.

Next Gen Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VMware (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Online assessment: 3 coding problems and 6 multi-choice questions. I got the OA really quick and the problems were not hard, but covered a broad area. It included programming language knowledge, database, file read and write, complexity analysis, debug and so on.

Interview Questions

• Shifting Strings: A string can shift left n times For example: abcdef-> shift left 3 defabc. The same as right shift. Given a string, left shift times l and right shift times r. Return the modified string.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

1 phone screening, 2 phone interviews with managers; second 2 interviews were personal and technical. One was with hiring manager, the other with a member of finance team who worked with hiring manager directly

Interview Questions

• How would you design an experiment to test the best time to renew software licensing agreements?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

recruiter contacted me first, i had phone interview, was asked to answer some extra questions and fill up the questionnaire, two weeks later i got the invitation for an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• I am about to take my interview and quite nervous on what to expect   Answer Question