VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at VMware

1,425 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Champaign, IL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took place at my university. There were two 45 minute back to back interviews. The interviewers were very respectful and helpful. My first interviewer asked technical questions and my second interviewer ask more behavioral questions although not a lot. Most of the technical questions were related to data structures except there was one about systems. My second interviewer spent time telling me about what the company does, what products they offer, etc. and I thought it was really interesting. Unfortunately, I did not get an offer, but I will try again next semester.

Interview Questions

• Questions about arrays, linked lists, BSTs, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

Online coding challenge round is compulsory. Unfortunately I was asked to write programs in java where as I am only comfortable with c and python. But recruiter was really a nice guy. He was very quick in responding to emails and any queries.

Interview Questions

• search a element in a cyclic sorted array .   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a phone interview in which there was a discussion of several computer networking concepts and a coding question. The coding question was to write a function to traverse the nodes of a tree in breadth first manner. This was followed by an onsite interview in which I talked to six people

Interview Questions

• How to obtain the sum of the elements from (0,0) to (r,c) in a 2D array, where r and c are the row and column numbers   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview took about a month. I interviewed at VMware in Austin. I was first contacted by a recruiter, was sent to a HackerRank challenge, and had an onsite interview. After passing the onsite interview I had another HackerRank challenge with a senior director over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The first HackerRank challenge I had was an abstract design problem where I was told, within 90 minutes, to write a function that detects whether a robot loops within a trajectory passed as an arbitrary commands string that controls the movement of the robot. (e.g. GRGRGL where L stands for turn left, R for turn right and G for go one step)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with VMware after meeting them at UT's EXPO (engineering career fair). I came in fairly formal business wear, but found that it was unnecessary because everyone there had been dressed casually. I had a one-on-one interview for 30-45 minutes, and then an interview with two of VMware's software engineers for another 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer was aware that I didn't have much experience, so it felt as though he was going easy on me/wasn't expecting as much. There was a heavy emphasis on C and he had me look at two pieces of code to catch a race condition. The two interviewers after gave me the option to work in C or java, so I chose java. They were simple questions about manipulating data.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

First the HR sent me a online coding test, including some multiple choice questions on network and one coding question. After finished it, I have been schedule to a phone interview with an engineer. I was asked to write code on an online editor.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Standard screening and onsite interviews. Recruiting team was very helpful during the process.
    Onsite interviewers were knowledge and the interviews were pleasant. The interviews also gave me a good idea about the role.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was the online screening interview question. This was a 75 minutes interview. I was asked to answer three questions. This was a referral from a friend. The recruiter demanded to do this online interview as soon as possible.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

4-round on-site interview. 3 round in the morning and we had lunch, then one round in afternoon. The interviews are independent, all of them are combination of behaviour questions and coding questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. number of islands
      2. word break
      3. os basics
      4. network basics   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware in August 2017.

Interview

I was sent a coding challenge by hackerrank to solve. This was given more than 2 weeks of time. The test was much harder than expected and involved question which were not relevan to my domain