Vend Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 35 of over 35 interviews

Recruiter6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process is below - First interview with HR Second technical interview with three senior developers or tech leads. Third Coding round (Rest API development) offline Forth, code presentation/interview with three senior developers or tech leads

Interview Questions
  • What are different types of network anomalies and how to prevent from them?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland) in Jun 2021

Interview

First couple of interviews were cool, one being a video call followed by an in person interview. The tests were pretty straight forward and I’m pretty sure I nailed them as even the team leader James who I was in contact with told me so. He even went out of his way to tell me he ‘genuinely’ enjoyed meeting me in the first in-person interview which made me think I had a pretty good shot of getting the role. Then the part that blew my mind. The final interview with the manager and another team leader. I read a few of these reviews in the past and some of them mentioned the interview questions were trying too hard to be eccentric, and the work environment felt working in high school with cliques. And boy were they right. The manager tells me right from the start that these questions were going to be pretty much the same as the ones from the first in-person interview which I found odd. And that’s exactly what happened. Felt like de-ja-vu and the whole time I was wondering what was even the point of this interview but decided to answer these questions with a bit more depth or just give them different angles. Then came the cringe worthy, purposefully eccentric questions. It really felt like they were making these questions up on the fly as they’d run out of any questions regarding the role. “If you were in a room full of 50 people, what would you do to stand out?” “If you could do ANY job what would it be?”. What do these have to do with the role? If I told them I wanted to be an astronaut or a billionaire I’d come off too ambitious for the role, and who on earth would say their dream job was to be a customer service agent? They barely asked any questions regarding the actual role other than “how was the test?” and “do you have any good/bad experiences with customer service?”. And at one point I answered I had a great experience with Apple’s customer service to which the manager explodes and goes on a 5 minute rant about how they’re NOT actually great even though they’re rated the number 1 customer service around the world. Woah. I guess to him the sky is green even though the whole world sees it as blue? Then a couple days later I get a phone call from HR telling me I didn’t get the role because even though I nailed the tests and showed a willingness to learn about the role, I wasn’t able to answer the interview questions with “clarity”. In other words they were hoping I’d memorized my answers from the first interview word for word and copy/pasted them here. The cringe was unbearable. I really felt like I was trying to be initiated into some drunken college fraternity. All in all was a pretty hit or miss experience. These guys were trying too hard to be “chill” , “silicon-valley-esque” hippies that they forgot how to be actual professionals. Wouldn’t have been surprised if they lit up a joint mid interview. Again, I absolutely nailed the tests in regards to the actual role so I’m still in shock as to how I didn’t get the role. However one red flag I remember is the manager himself telling me that most people working in Vend don't even know the ins-and-outs of the Vend app itself. So even though I went out my way to study the marketing terms and equations AFTER I'd finished the test, just to learn exactly what it is I was answering, rather than blindly copy/pasting answers from their help center, I was still turned down. For a company that seems to want their employees to “be themselves, and come to work as they are” it really seems you can only do so if you are a 1 to 1 personality match for the manager. I suppose I could have had 10+ years of excellent customer service experience but been turned down because my favorite color was blue, while the managers was red. Just seems like it was some personality contest rather than an interview. Yikes.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vend (Auckland, Auckland) in Jun 2021

Interview

Friendly interviewers and welcoming environment, generic behavioral questions and quite in-depth introduction about the company itself. One interviewer was sitting in front of me in-person and the other interviewer asked questions through video call on the side. Unique experience and quite enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vend

Application

I interviewed at Vend

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient. First a phone screen than two in-person interviews. Was accepted for an in-person interview on the phone screening stage. Was shown around the office briefly before the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vend

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vend in Jan 2021

Interview

The first interview via phone and the second is technical. They have asked 18 questions that already written down. There were 2 interviewers that asked question. Few are technical and most of them are competency based related to prior expereince

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose vend. hey have asked 18 questions that already written down. There were 2 interviewers that asked question. Vulnerability assessment Incident Management. Achievement

Vend

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vend

Interview

First was a Short interview, followed by a Case Study, and the a Final Interview with other team members. I only got to the first part, and it was a quick chat with the TA specialist and had very straightforward questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vend (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

First, they scheduled a phone interview. Second, they scheduled a video call interview with the HR department and third, they scheduled a video call with the office managers. They told me they were going to send me an assignment but I did not receive it and the recruiter called me after 3 days to let me know I was not hired.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why would you like to work in Vend? Q: Tell us something you are proud of

Vend

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vend

Interview

I got an email to have 20-30 minutes video-call to talk about my application and the position. and she suggests learning more about Vend by visiting their website and LinkedIn page. She told me that she will get back to me in 3 days after checking with the technical team as I don't have SAAS experience. However, they mentioned in the job description that "You don’t need to have experience in any of our specific technologies: we’re great at teaching good engineers how to use our modern SaaS stack". After three days, I got a rejection email which is disappointed to not have the chance to assess my technical skills.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vend

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vend in May 2020

Interview

Quite comfortable and friendly while maintaining professionalism. Lots of room to explain prior experiences and I felt listened to and that the conversation flowed seamlessly. I really enjoyed both interviews I had and was quite hopeful of getting the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Vend

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vend

Interview

I went through 2 stages of the interview. The first stage was good enough. 3 interviewers asked general questions regarding CS covering most aspects of related knowledge. Quite a good experience. While the second one is for me to finish a small backend project with any language or framework that I'm familiar with. Here comes the problem. Because they all use Go language for work and they are not quite familiar with the popular language I used. They asked questions like why do you do this, what're the benefits? I was like explaining to newbies... I guess it's my problem not getting fully prepared for this kind of questions. But it is kind of awkward. So I failed for the 2nd stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 35 Interviews