Victorian Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Victorian Government Interview Questions

Interviews at Victorian Government

2.9

Electoral Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a two stage process. The first was meeting with and answering a series of question from the Assistant Director. Following this was a phone interview with the Chief of Staff for a MP in Melbourne.

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to a foreign and international setting?   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in August 2016.

Interview

Single interview with two people asking basic questions, some of these included why I wanted the job then others were behavioral questions about my experience. Other questions included what I knew about government.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work in a team   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Psychometric tests followed by a group interview with approximately ten others. After this successful participants progressed to a face to face technical interview. After a few days post interview I received a response.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in June 2014.

Interview

One HR round, One fit for purpose round. Had the HR and Hiring manager sit in the interview and ask a set of pre drawn questions asked. Some open ended questions based on scenarios and some based on past work experience. Also had an SME sit in and ask questions from a project point of view.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience working for the public sector.   1 Answer

Business Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in July 2012.

Interview

This role was advertised in the Victorian Government website requesting a CV and an application form addressing the key selection criteria.

I was invited to an interview two weeks after the application closed.

The interview panel was 20 minutes late to begin the 1hour long interview and the recruiting manager had to leave early due to other commitments.

The whole interview was rushed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed the customer expectation in a large change program   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in January 2014.

Interview

Short list developed by external HR firm. This was followed by panel interview with Victorian Government personnel, a presentation and a series of meetings with direct reports. Noticeable that interviewers had spent most of their career within the public service.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to this role   1 Answer

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard experience based interview, with a panel of two asking interview questions. A good overview was provided on the role, the organisation structure and the process of the interview itself. Enough time was given for the candidate to ask questions of the panel, and in fact a potentially longer period of time was spent on this part of the process than the questioning. this was a positive experience as it certainly enabled the candidate to gain a solid understanding of the role and the expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were required to make a decision when you did not have all the information you needed to make an informed decision.   Answer Question

Communications Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was one of sixty applicants. Two interviews (one was a panel and one was a face to face with the chairperson). I was also required to sit a practical test which included preparing a short speech. I was also asked to show written examples of my past work.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the role?   1 Answer

Senior Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government in December 2016.

Interview

The selection process was very fast and I received a call to interview within a couple of days. The interview took 30 minutes, involved set questions based on the selection criteria, and allowed time for interviewee questions. They called my referees as part of the decision-making process prior to selecting a preferred applicant, which was unexpected.

Business Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne) in July 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 individuals. Friendly, lots of talk from them about the role and the department. Went round in a circle and they each asked questions from a sheet and wrote down my responses

Interview Questions

• A time when you worked in a successful team and what went well   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.