Virgin Australia Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Virgin Australia Airlines Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin Australia Airlines

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virgin, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Virgin, UT (US)).

Interview

3 separate processes - telephone interview, face to face standard ‘behavioural’ interview with manager & recruitment, and face to face interview with Program Managers that I would potentially be working with (which included a practical scenario-type activity to complete).

At every step, I felt comfortable, welcomed and at ease (despite no ‘formal’ interview experience for almost 10 years!).

A great group of people who want the right person for the right role, and know how to smile and converse ‘normally’, with no discomfort whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you’ve had strict deadlines and have had to deal with time-poor stakeholders, how did you manage that, and what outcomes were achieved?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online.
    Invited to do a 30 sec video on what a successful cabin crew looks like to me.
    Invited to attend recruitment day.
    Currently waiting for an email to confirm recruitment dates as there are none being held in Christchurch at the moment.

Super excited!

Interview Questions

• What does a successful cabin crew member look like to you?   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Sydney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Sydney) in January 2020.

Interview

Hello, I did my video interview for Virgin about 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything whether i got in to the next stage or not. Just wondering if anyone has been in this position or is in this position at the moment and could tell me roughly when you find out? I sent them an email about a week ago and asked roughly when i would hear back but still nothing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Virgin Australia?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Sydney) in November 2019.

Interview

applied online and received a call 1 hour later to do a phone interview the next day. Was then invited to a interview in person a couple days later.

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Melbourne) in October 2019.

Interview

I waited about 8 months for my assessment interview from when I applied. The interview was done in a group setting (20 people). Most had previous airline experience which I believe was an absolute asset. overall it took about 3.5 hours. It started with introductions, information about Virgin and renumeration information. Then we were split into teams of 5 per table and were given a scenario about who would be a priority customer in the even of a cancelled flight and how who would be re-booked onto the next available flight.
    Once the group session was completed, we were then taken for 1 in 1 interviews which lasted about 10 minutes. The 1 on 1 interview was more of a chat, it didn't feel very formal which put me at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Sydney) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online under 'Expressions of Interest' in April 2019. The application wasn't complicated at all. They made it simple and easy to understand. If you were successful you were asked to make a 1 minute video (being as creative as you like). If they liked your video, you are then asked to recruitment day. During the recruitment day there is a group activity and a one on one interview. The recruitment team was very warming and welcoming. Once the day was over they told us we would find out if we were successful within the next week. I found out 4 days later that I made it to the next stage. My references would be checked, then a medical and swimming competency test. Ground school commencing when all of those steps have been completed.

Interview Questions

• There are four values that Virgin Australia employees live by. Spirit, Heart, Collaboration and Imagination. Which value relates the most to you and why?   1 Answer

Virgin Cabin Crew Regional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines.

Interview

OK SO
    I applied back in Feb 2019, 2 days later I was asked to film a 30 second video answering;
    Why do you want to work for Virgin?
    Why cabin crew?
    After a painful 7 months, I got the email asking to attend an assessment day. I was prepared, I watched youtube videos & glassdoor was my bestfriend however, once I entered that room the pressure was on.. It was so nerve racking!!
    My group had 12 girls only so it was pretty small. We entered a room with 3 tables and we were split into 4. After watching an intro video we answered a few questions;
    Whos the CEO? - Paul Scurrah
    What was Virgin formally known as? - Virgin Blue
    Founded? - 2000
    We then watched a few more slides and as a group activity we were asked to write on paper what we had just learnt from those slides. This is where you are judged on how well you work in a team. DO NOT talk over anyone, be patient and say things such as "that's a good idea" ect Our next group activity was to present to the class a demonstration of how to use PPG gloves. After that was all done we then waited for our 1:1 interviews. N E R V E racking!
    Started off with a few basics, will list the questions below, a lot were basics but also a few tricky behavioural ones.

The next step if successful is a reference check. Its a pretty lengthy process until you get the job offer, completing things such as; swimming test, medical test, training school..
    Also keep in mind salary is SUPER LOW. It will obviously increase every year by a little bit but beginner salary was $46k including super..

Even though I was pretty prepared I think my nerves got the best of me, we find out in 2 weeks if we are successful or not but I dont think I will get an offer but at least I know what to expect for next time and I can help you all out.

Interview Questions

• Would you wear red lipstick?   Answer Question
    • Have you got any holidays planned?   Answer Question
    • Why Virgin Australia?   1 Answer
    • Why cabin crew?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a work colleague, how did you feel about it and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had an angry customer. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What does a successful cabin crew member look like to you?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied on the 29 May 2019, and heard back to make a 1 min video a few days later. Submitted on June 1st. Then didn’t heard back for a month and a half. So decided to ring head office and what was happening. Then received an offer for a recruitment day that night on the 24th July but was told they didn’t have a day yet. Recruitment day was then on the the 6th of September. For the video, we had to make a creative video answering why cabin crew and why VA. I did a “73 questions wth Vogue” kind of style. Look it up on YouTube if you’re unsure of what it is. It was help in the travel and tourism building in Auckland. Recruitment day-there was 10 people in my group, all really nice people. We sat in the lunch room for 10 mins since I was early along with other candidates. Then went upstairs into a classroom and sat in three groups. There was a panel of staff behind us, 5 of them. They did a company presentation, told us about the company, salary...and were asked questions such as, who is the company CEO, when was the company founded, if this happens what could be done. An hour later. We went into a the group activity. List of situations on a plane, ie man having chest pains, person has dropped their phone down the side of their seat...order then 1-10 by importance, then report back to the person observing you. Then individual activity, chose one of the situations and 30 seconds to write down 3 things you could do or ask to them. Then went back down to the lunch room. Waited to be called for one on one. 10 mins later was interviewed. Was a very short interview about 15 mins. Then went home. Was about 2 1/2 hour in total. We were told it was going to be 4. So was thankful for that. Think that the training is a bit excessive. 5 weeks initial training, you then are tested before each shift, and then every 4-6 months you are tested again. The lady gave me some feedback at the end of my one on one which was complete rubbish and wasn’t true at all. Not sure if I’m a fan of the company and not sure if I would accept the offer if given one. NO OFFER YET AS THE RECRUITMENT DAY WAS TODAY.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Sydney) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied for cabin crew online 22nd of feb 19 I had a 5 month wait until being invited to AD arrived at the interview we meet in the foyer shortly after we where meet by a recruiter and taken up stairs where we all got the chance to meet each other we where then taken into a room where we learnt about the company we then commenced the group activity and where eventually invited to the 1:1 interview
    Two days later I received the congratulations you have progressed to the next stage of reference checks my references where contacted the next day and now I wait to hear back

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Australia Airlines (Brisbane) in July 2019.

Interview

First interview was with Hoban (recruiters). After successfully passing this next interview was with Virgin themselves. After interview that afternoon (3 hrs later) I received a call from Hoban advising no job offer. Hoban were not given any explanation as to why and had no idea which made things difficult to follow up on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a unreasonable customer and what did you do to overcome it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.