Volkswagen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Volkswagen Interview Questions

Interviews at Volkswagen

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Detroit, MI (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

On three occasions I have had interviews with Volkswagen. The 1st time I interviewed here, it took two weeks to schedule a phone interview. The interview went well and I waited for feedback. Two weeks later I was sent a rejection notice from the recruiter. The 2nd time I interviewed, it took a few weeks to find out if they were still interested. We had the interview but they ghosted me. The 3rd time was recent, same manager from the first time but for a different role. Similar to our first interaction we had a phone interview and that went well. The hiring manager gave me a 3-day assignment. The recruiter said the assignment was the second round interview. I completed the assignment in 3-days and waited to hear back. One week later and there was silence. After sending an email, I was told they would follow up with the manager. I was notified that the manager took an extended vacation. One week later, the hiring manager said they would give feedback in a few days. Needless to say, the hiring manager never kept their word. Someone eventually followed up but again, that was another week. Their interview process is very unprofessional. They'll exploit you for free labor too.
    Lesson learned.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Auburn Hills, MI (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I’ve interviewed at Volkswagen three times over the course of a year. Two by phone and one in person. My review is from the perspective of a candidate at a staffing firm. Just recently, the hiring manager wanted me to complete a 3 day assignment for the 2nd part of the interview. I completed it in its entirety and they ghosted me. To my knowledge, many of the employees there were hired in after being a contractor first. There are no issues with that approach. However, requesting that candidates work for free without any feedback says more about their work-culture than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Arrived early. Was asked basic questions they would ask anyone. HR representative seemed less than thrilled to be there. Said they would call, but never did.

Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen (Chattanooga, TN (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Online application apprenticeship program in Chattanooga. Responded a couple days later for interview. Interview questions was pretty basic. And then you have 2.5 minutes to read a list of directions and put together a water hose and electrical wiring. This thing looks really rough. Most of the holes look stripped out. I feel bad for the kids that never picked up a screwdriver. One lady did not want to be there and the other lady was really nice. Even though the instructions had a different time on how long it should take someone to build you get 2.5 minutes. Or that is how long they gave me.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can finish in 2.5 minutes?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen in February 2019.

Interview

Very quick efficient. Two phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and easy to talk to. The process went really well. Typical interview questions related to field of employment and resume.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Volkswagen in January 2019.

Interview

Phone screen and then a group phone interview. Job related questions and scenarios that ranged from yes and no to what steps would you take. Other than that basic questions in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What would someone that doesn't like you say about you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Received an email within a week of application. Had one phone interview a week later. Recieved offer on day after interview. The interviewer was friendly, asked good questions and created an overall positive environment for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other applicants for this posittion?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Fairly standard process. A recruiter came to a college campus and interviews were held on site. The team was helpful and kind. The questions were not too difficult. Overall a good learning experience.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

I was brought into a 2 person panel interview where they spoke very high level technical terms. Administered a complicated MS Excel test with very little explanation or backstory about the test. Given 25 minutes to complete then right before the test began I was given 20 minutes. I was granted 3 questions about the test (be sure to ask all three questions because this is a test too).

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Volkswagen.

Interview

Online interview through Spark Hire. Very easy to use and you get an unlimited amount of tries. They include the question on the screen while recording so that was helpful as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to face challenges with a group while working on a project.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.