Wayfair Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Wayfair Interview Questions

Interviews at Wayfair

1,764 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair in July 2020.

Interview

Responded to a job posting by uploading my resume and cover letter first. Received an email inviting me to take an online assessment with about 200 personality questions where you click how closely you agree or disagree with statements. Typical "I don't mind being interrupted during a task," or, "I prefer to work in a team environment," stuff. The email also had a link to a typing test. You had to retype a prompt with a Wayfair customer service script of just a few sentences. You took the test twice and only your best score was submitted.

From there, I received an email from a recruiter to set up a preliminary interview. They use a system that lets you select a few dates and times that work for you and the recruiter selects one. This was a phone-only interview. The recruiter gives you the salary, benefits, scheduling, and other information to make sure you are interested. They asked a few basic questions like why I wanted to work for Wayfair and asked me to briefly describe my work history. Before ending the call, I was asked to book an interview with a manager. An email was sent to schedule a virtual video interview using Google Meet. I also had to submit screenshots of my Internet speed using ethernet-only during specified hours, which is required for the job.

I interviewed with the manager and we spent about an hour together. The first half was going over the virtual aspect of the job and the attendance policy, since it is a bit different than an in-person office job. The second half was answering situation-based questions from my past jobs. The manager specified that they use the STAR method - situation, task, action, result. They want to hear examples of situations you have actually been in, not what you would hypothetically do if you found yourself in the given situation.

The manager said I would hear back in 24-48 hours, but the recruiter called me back in an hour to offer me the next step. I had to select my schedule and submit my background check information.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Wayfair?   1 Answer
    • What is the attendance policy at your current job?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a customer and you could not resolve their complaint.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to resolve a difficult situation for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about a time when you received negative feedback from your manager? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you had a big workload and felt overwhelmed? How did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever left a job because you felt there was a lack of structure for feedback and training?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone screening. I used the online scheduler to choose a date and time + double confirmed with an emailed reply.

A few days later, I received an updated calendar invite with an apology from the recruiter, who was unable to make the time I chose. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the new time she proposed. I declined the invite + followed up with an email detailing my availability on her preferred date.

Never heard back. Really unprofessional and a poor reflection on a company I otherwise admired and was excited about.

E-commerce Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

It begins with an online interview with one case study. After that, they fly you out to their headquarters for another case study and a behavioral interview. After that, I received a decision, maybe a week after my visit.

Interview Questions

• Why Wayfair? - be sure to describe your experiences to fit the job you are applying to   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayfair (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with how unprofessional the staff at Wayfair was. My interviewer called and asked less than 24 hours in advance for me to come in for an interview (which I was honestly fine with because I was looking forward to possibly working for this company). However, when I checked in the next day, my interviewer didn't show up for nearly 30 minutes to pick me up. When he did arrive he merely said, "Sorry for the wait" and moved on without further explanation. I was supposed to interview with three people, but due to this delay, I could only interview with 2 (the first of whom sped through the interview). My interviewers read off a sheet with questions and seemed so disinterested the entire time. Seeing this level of unprofessionalism in the interview from multiple people, confirmed for me that this would not be a workplace that I'd want to be in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to overcome a challenge.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

I interviewed at Grace Hopper. I talked to the recruiters at the booth and had an interview set up. There was only one round of interviews but I was asked both technical questions (coding on my computer) as well as behavioral questions and general discussion about my interests and schooling.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within a few weeks. Scheduling went smoothly. Had a phone conversation with HR, which was very thorough and pleasant. I really appreciated how well HR knew the role, the team, and the interview process. The conversation added a great deal to my understanding of the opportunity, which is unusual for these screening calls. Even after the call, HR had great follow-through.

A few days after this call, I was informed via email that I was not selected to move forward. I would have appreciated a bit more personalized feedback in that note, but most companies don't do that so I can't fault them for it.

Overall interview process was great.

Interview Questions

• Standard screening questions asking for details of my qualifications, past experience etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayfair.

Interview

Received a email from a company recruiter, emailed me an emergency came up rescheduled, took the day off for the interview, never called back, never answered any emails, no response at all. If this is how you treat people applying I cant imagine how you treat employees

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair in July 2020.

Interview

Relatively easy. Applied online, submitted resume and answered the questions on there. A few days later, completed online assessment for personality and typing speed. Week or so later, received email to schedule phone interview. I've seen where some people had really great, engaging phone interviews with their recruiter. I did not have this experience. The woman who interviewed me seemed like she could care less about the phone call and literally just asked question after question without really caring to hear about my experience. Not sure what had gone wrong, especially since she had this demeanor since the phone call started.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayfair (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

very short sweet and to the point. We did it virtually, the interviewer was nice and professional. I ended up getting the job. They even provide you with a little help sheet for how they want you to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• what was the attendance policy at the company you previously worked for.   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Agent - Work At Home Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online then received an offer to complete an assessment. Following that completion I received a same day opportunity to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview lasted 15 minutes and consisted of being asked about my sales history and why i want to work for wayfair.

On the call we setup a time for a video interview, the next day i had that interview and it lasted 45 minutes. It consisted of asking me how i would upsell items, how i handle customer objections, times when i had customers that didn't want to cooperate and how I have tracked my sales goals in the past.

Too soon to have offer or not at this time so im choosing no but I am hopeful i do get one

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.