Westpac Group Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Westpac Group Teller Interview Questions

Interviews at Westpac Group

2.8

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

Initially you receive a phone call, then from there an interview with 2 branch managers as well as the area manager. The interviews are long, they grill you with many questions, but as long as you prepare the generic answers to a typical interview and answers to a behavioural question set, you will be ok. The interview with the area manager is more or less the same, its conducted in an informal manner, however, the questions can be difficult. Again, having the right preparation will get you through, answer everything professionally.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your friends would say is your weakness/ dont like about you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Westpac Group

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney) in December 2009.

Interview

1st interview: phone based, 2nd interview: with Bank Manager and local branch, 3rd interview: with Regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural style questions, interests, previous customer service experience, outline CV, understanding of finance, education   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Interview

do the preparationg as much as possible. it always comes up with the similar questions like why you apply to this role and y you like westpac also arrive a bit earlier than the appoint time, which makes you can calm down before the interview and hopefully get an offer

Interview Questions

• roleplay. but you can check on9 how to prepare for this kind of question   Answer Question

Negotiation

consider before acceping the offer and ask for the employees benefits

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Then I was asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment nearly took around 2 hours. Most of the questions were behavioural questions. There was some money-based questions too just to check money counting perfection. Then I had a phone interview. After that, Had interview with the branch manager and another one with area manger.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney) in June 2011.

Interview

Professional, met with multiple Managers, had a good understanding of the role job offer. First met Bank Manager for Coffee to discuss role, then met Bank Manager and someone from HR for a formal Interview, then met with Regional Manager for final Interview. Process probably a little long, and from first Interview to start date was greater than 2 months.

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group.

Interview

The hiring process was quite long in my opinion as I applied a few weeks before I actually got a call that i was invited into the branch for an interview. The interview was with two bank managers in the region and they went through a very thorough and intensive question and answer session in which alot was discussed such as experience, sales targets, flexibility etc. Got a call from HR a few days later saying I got the job after having to follow up yourself about the progress of the application.

Interview Questions

• Have you got experience working with sales targets and KPIs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney) in March 2016.

Interview

Process was very quick. After applying online, I got an email to do the Gallup assessment online - based on your personality and behaviour. Right after that I got an email saying I get to do a video interview via Sonru. The interview was about 30min and consisted of 9 questions. Most questions are customer service based and previous experiences with your role. You also get 2 minutes in the end to add on anything you like.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you WOW'd a customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you deliver excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience in cash handling? How have you dealt with this under pressure and how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • If successful, where do you see yourself in 12-24 months?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

2 interviews online test had to have interview with state and regional mamager tyen online testing and interview with manager dont know wjat else to write as its a 30 minimum

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney) in January 2016.

Interview

Average, asked the same standard behavioural questions. Asked about prior experiences. The usual stuff. Also did an online assessment, I believe this tested my problem solving ability and speed. Got the job after 2 rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westpac Group (Sydney).

Interview

I applied online through Westpac careers site last July for a Teller position. I did have a referral from a friend who works at Westpac HQ. I received an invite to the assessment and soon after I received an invite for a video interview. The interview questions weren't too hard, mainly about your experiences related to your customer service experiences from your previous roles and how you dealt with different situations. However did pretty bad with the video interview as it was my first experience doing so and the fact that it had time limits to you answering the questions were pressuring.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the experience when you wowed your customer by going above and beyond their request.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Westpac?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your cash handling experience under pressure and how you managed it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.