Willis Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Willis Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Willis Towers Watson

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online, 2 weeks later I received an email asking to record a video on Hirevue to answer a series of questions. After another 2 weeks, I had a live video interview. The interviewer didn't ask any resume or behavioral questions, but I was asked if I knew what the position was a few times. When I had the opportunity to ask the interviewer some questions, they seemed annoyed and defensive. Left the interview with a negative feeling towards the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Southfield, MI (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online and completed a 15-min recorded video interview 5 weeks later. Only 3 weeks later, I got invited over to their office to complete a series of 1-1s. They were very nice and professional. Had to wait one month for a decision.

Interview Questions

• Pension is dying, how do you feel about that?   Answer Question
    • Lots of Behavioral Question and "Do you have anything you want to know"?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in October 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with a senior analyst during my school's career fair for about 30 minutes. Very friendly, talked about things listed on the resume, no technical or brain teaser questions.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied at a campus recruiting event and got an on-campus interview. Asked for a brief self introduction and some details about past working experiences. More conversational, the interviewer also talked about his experiences towards an actuarial professional. Mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a technical concept to your clients?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Dallas, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied through their website, and had 3 separate interviews.

First, there was a hirevue interview, where I was asked 7 questions and sent video responses. Had 3 minutes prep before answering each question, only one take each.

A couple weeks later, I had a video interview with the department manager, where we mainly talked about why I was changing industries.

Within a few weeks, I was flown to the office and had a fairly intense day of interviews. First, there was a basic 30 minute math/logic test. Then, there were 4 half hour interviews with various people in the department. Finally, there was a 90 minute lunch with 3 different people who work in the department.

I knew the result of the interview the next business day.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an Actuary does/ what do you think we do? Asked in some way by all 4.   Answer Question
    • What types of variables do we have to make assumptions about in our analysis?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

A recruiter reached out for a phone interview, which went well. Afterwords she set up a lunch interview with a hiring manager. I attempted to reach back out the next day to say thanks and to follow up, but was ghosted. Recruiters at this company do not care about prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• In your own words, describe your ideal job description.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in November 2018.

Interview

Online one-way interview. Nine questions each with 3mins preparation time. About 30 mins length. Basic interview questions. Should have enough time to prepare. They have three practice questions you can do before start the actual interview.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

First round was on campus then one round onsite interview. The onsite interview is three one hour sessions with three people plus lunch. The people were really nice and the process was very professional.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Took about a month once finished, started with recruiter contacting you. Then do a video chat where they ask you 10 questions and you have around 2 minutes to prepare and then answer. After, they call and bring you into the office for around six 30 minutes interviews with different associates.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Overland Park, KS (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

HireVue -> Phone Screen with Hiring Manager-> 4 hour in Person interview with Actuarial Team

About a month and a half process.

Wasn't too hard but I am pretty good at interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about visualizing a set of data that a client gives you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in a non-school related project?   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy to manage multiple project deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Why is your GPA low? (was a 2.95 while interviewing)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.