YMCA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at YMCA

1,498 Interview Reviews

2.2

Aide Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA.

Interview

Got an interview which was very easy no hard questions and got hired on the spot. You basically just have to know someone to get the job.

Interview Questions

• So do you have any experience with kids ages 6-14?   4 Answers

Negotiation

did not negotiate they start everyone at 10.00 dollars an hour.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellflower, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YMCA (Bellflower, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It is a one on one interview, basically a conversation. You discuss your qualifications for working with children. You talk about working with difficult children. You talk about remaining calm and composed at all times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with children?   1 Answer

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harleysville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YMCA (Harleysville, PA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Emailed me to set up interview date and time. I responded and showed up early to the interview. Sat down in the Directors office and began interview. She mainly described the position and what she was looking for. She offered me the job on the spot

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Perth Amboy, NJ (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Application process was rigorous, asked for extensive job history and specific references, interview was rather lax however.

Interview Questions

• What could I offer in my position as a teacher aide and why I wanted the job   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Minot, ND (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a very quick and easy process. Minot has a big need for workers so I dropped off my app and heard back rather quickly. There was no need for a second interview and I was easily put into the schedule.

Negotiation

Unable

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YMCA (Malden, MA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two person interviews, one with Membership Director and the other with Executive Director, due to East Coast snow storms the process took roughly 3 months. The general vibe was that they needed someone quick. I was the final 2 candidates and the other candidate has much more experience than me. This was based on the conversation we had at the second interview with both Membership Director and the Executive Director. They both seems nice but the entire interview felt like they just wanted someone to take the position so they can use them as a shield for anything that may go wrong with the new policies. It was a little odd when they kept asking me when I would be available.

Interview Questions

• With new and veteran employees, how would you go about implementing change?
      If veteran employees are adamant in certain ways, how do you go about implementing these new policies?
      What was the most difficult client you have ever dealt with?   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YMCA (San Jose, CA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

Group interviews usually of 4 or more people for an after school position. If applying for summer, the group size increases to about 8 to 10 groups of 4 to 5 people. The process will take you through various situations and the panel of site directors will ask questions directed either at the whole group or parts of the group. Do your best to answer first and thoughtfully, while if answering second don't say, "I agree with what the previous person said".

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where a child hits her head on the pavement and is hurt or unconscious either at the pool, on a field trip or at school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't that much of negotiation if you lack experience, the individual site director determines how much they will pay you based on your interview and experience.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YMCA (Ocala, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly easy experience. The management was kind and let me talk about my previous experiences that I felt would have brought value to the position I was applying for. They asked light questions about my qualifications for this position as well as how I thought I would have been a good fit for it.

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YMCA in January 2016.

Interview

great didn't have a problem answering questions, very nice people and easy to talk with. they were about to tell you exactly what the job was about. the hours where great and the location was too

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Media, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at YMCA (Media, PA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with the Executive Director and the operations Manager. It was a sit down interview that entailed the job description and what I would assigned to take care of. There were a series of questions that I answered. I already work for the company so the atmosphere of the interview was friendly and laid back.

Interview Questions

• If you had several people coming to you with things that needs to be done and you need to get Annual Campaign contributions put in to the computer system by a certain deadline, How would you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.