athenahealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

athenahealth Interview Questions

Interviews at athenahealth

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

I had interviewed for a position a few years ago, and after the long interview process, was rejected. This time, after years of relevant experience, I applied again and after a few weeks, my application is "No Longer Under Consideration". In the current job market, it would be decent for a company to at least email the applicant to notify them. Disappointed in this company, but that shows company transparency and how much they actually care for their employees too.

Senior Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Interview

The entire process was extremely professional yet approachable. I had one call with a recruiter, one call with the hiring manager, one visit to the office with four in person interviews and two phone interviews after. The recruiter I worked with was extremely informative and quickly responded to any question I had. He was proactive in keeping me up to date on their timeline, which was greatly appreciated. Once presented an offer they allowed me to digest and make a decision. At no point were they pushy. I was extremely impressed with their recruiting and interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be your biggest challenge in this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Virtual interviews with 5 other employees: Recruiter & 2 marketing managers & 2 marketing associates which lasted about 2.5 hours. My recruiter was very attentive to my questions and concerns which made the recruiting process quick and easy. Overall, I thought the recruiting and interview process was both professional and timely.

BDR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at athenahealth (Roswell, GA (US)).

Interview

What a waste of seven weeks. I had two phone interviews, one 3 hour in person where I had to pay for my own parking (wasn’t validated), a Skype interview and two thirty minute reference checks.. that were pushed back multiple times (not respectful of my references time at all.) After my in person interview I was told to the keep the recruiter posted about my other interviews so they could potentially speed things up for me. For three weeks in a row, I was told I should know by the end of the week. Seven weeks later and I got a rejection email saying they were going with a candidate that better fit there needs. I have sales, cold calling & closing experience, displayed high levels of empathy and referred to a story of someone I love who has struggled with their health allowing me to better empathize with the patients of the practices they are implementing the technology in to. I am absolutely repulsed by this process and how led on I was. This is business, don’t tell a candidate to keep them posted on other interviews and reference check only to reject them. Have a little more decency than that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

only given one round till now, and called back for round 2. Met the recruiters at campus recruitment and gave the interveiw in college campus. it was a coding round with 2 coding questions to solve in 50 mins

Interview Questions

• given an array, how many unique combinations of elements a and b exsist such that for some k, a+k=b   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

1: Recruiter Phone Screen (Background Analysis)
    2: Manager and developer Video call screen (Background understanding, Technical Questions related to Javascript, CSS, React - Good understanding of basics is necessary)
    3: Final Round Onsite (6 hrs)
    Part 1: Technical Coding - No questions or anything directly dive into programming exercise. Build a web page by fetching data from github repo in react and use High CSS styling.
    Part 2: Manager Round - Backgrund, resume discussion
    Part 3: Technical Coding - Continuation of part 1, adding more conditions like filtering based on languages, product owner impersonation where more requirements are modified
    Part 4: Director Round - Background / skill analysis

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions related to Javascript, CSS, React - Good understanding of basics is necessary

Filtering above data based on buttons clicked   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

There was an on-campus preliminary interview (non-techical), then a week later I had a virtual Hackerrank-based 45min screening interview, (one problem), and then was brought onsite for 3 back-to-back interviews (two technical, one non-technical).

Interview Questions

• They asked me some probability questions in one of my technical interviews about the situation that was being simulated through my coding answer.   Answer Question

Senior Emerging Products Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, ME (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Belfast, ME (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online for a different position and was told by a recruiter to apply for this position which better fit my skillset.

There were 2 rounds of interviews to complete.

The first interview was on-site. I shadowed two team members and then interviewed with my current manager and one of her co-workers as well as another manager.

The second interview was with the department head one-on-one.

Questions asked were standard job interview questions such as "Why do you want to work here?", "how much project management experience do you have?" "what's your ideal working style/environment?" "Do you work best in a team or on your own?" etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently interviewing anywhere else?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth.

Interview

My overall experience: They have been asking the same questions since 1965 which is lame. Even if you code it half way you will be rejected because they want solution and not your approach. The reason is because they don't understand any other programming language expect the one on they work. So my final advice memorize your solution if you get these questions and code it completely on the interview day.

Interview Questions

• Phone Round - Degree of an array - leetcode

Onsite:
      Round 1: (45 mins)
      Technical discussion with Manager who sounded less confident, less techy and not sure about bunch of technologies I spoke about. Overall I felt that he has his own bubble and always stayed in that. Dont know about things going outside his comfort zone.

Round 2: Coding round (Bring your own laptop and code it there itself) - 90 min
      You have a clock and 4 pennies, 4 nickel, 4 dimes. You need to find all the combinations of coins so that they can be placed on the clock such that no coin is repeated on the clock. One example is PPDDNNPDDPNN.

Here is the solution in python with problem description:

I solved this question half of it. My code ran and worked perfectly fine. Then I was out of time so I told them about my approach for the other half.

Round 3 (Behavioral Round): 1 hour with lunch
      Challenges
      Team conflicts
      Proud Project
      and other stupid questions

Round 4 (Coding Round):
      You are given a 3X3 matrix which has 3 colors ballon Red, Blue and Green.
      Consider Red - 1, Blue - 2, Green - 3 in the below matrix. In your program you will pass row and col. Whatever value appears in the matrix for that row and column, that value including its 4 neighbours of the same type (up, left, down, right) should be popped. Now imagine as if gravity is pulling your popped matrix down. After its popped you need to replace the popped value with 0 pull the rows of the matrix to the bottom. Example:

Given matrix:

//your code goes here
      }

Lets say you pass row = 1, col = 0. You got value = 1
      Step 1:
      1. Pop(replace) row 1 and col 0 with value 0. Also replace its 4 neighbours with 0 if there is a 1.
      So your resulting matrix will look like this
      3 2 3
      0 3 1
      0 2 2

Step 2:
      Now apply gravity on your matrix:
      Because you popped (1,0) and (2,0) so column zero will be pulled by gravity. And number 3(0,0) will be pulled at the bottom of the matrix. So your final answer will be

0 2 3
      0 3 1
      3 2 2

At first attempt I said I will do it using dfs. My interviewer looked surprised with that word. I then understood he doesn't knows anything about dfs, bfs. Then I said depth first search. After that he gave me some tips and I was able to code it and run my program.

Next morning: REJECTED.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA (US)

Interview

Applied on their website. Recruiter reached out to schedule an online coding challenge on call with a technical staff that lasted 1 hour. athenahealth flew me on site for 5 one-on-one interviews with managers/technical staff. 3 behaviorial (1 of them is during lunch) and 2 technicals. The technical interviews were around 1.5 hours ea and behavioral were 1 hour each. Each technical interview consists of a base problem where you first write out pseudocode then write it up to run (language and environment is all up to you). Then they will add requirements after each success. I personally didnt finish every requirement (got to last req in 1 before we ran out of time) for 1 and gave a sub-optimal answer for second.

Interview Questions

• Search type question on both the online assessment and 1 technical portion. Know your BFS/DFS and you will have no problems.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.