athenahealth Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 667 of over 667 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

athenahealth

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at athenahealth

Interview

I had applied for another role at athena that ended up not being the right fit. The recruiter reached out to tell me that I wouldn't be advancing for that role, but also that I did seem to be a good fit for the company and that they'd like to keep in touch. A few months later I found a role that was a much better match for my experience, so I reached out and they quickly got me in for an interview. The process itself was pretty straightforward: I had an initial interview with the hiring manager which went great and then, about a week later, a series of 4 30 minute interviews (one with a VP, two with potential colleagues, and then another 30-minute interview with the hiring manager). They asked tough but fair questions and made sure to leave time/space for me to ask questions. HR/recruiting was super helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions about my experience, technical skillset, and interpersonal skills.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at athenahealth (Bangalore)

Interview

Very slow process with the HR expect calls after a couple of days post each round. They have multiple rounds first round is meant to explain about the company but ends up being your interview second round is task assignment on the same product they own and then next is a technical round on the task. After this is the managerial round and finally the HR round. Till the time they are interested the HR will call once dropped you can expect a template email for rejection. Found the interviewers less knowledgeable (they didn't even know about their own company) and seemed like they were only interested in getting new ideas for their products using the hiring process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

athenahealth

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth

Interview

First an interview with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager, then a 3.5 hour meeting with an executive and people on the team. This has been one of the best interviews I have ever had. They really make an effort to know you, not your resume. And they really embraced my humor and moved quickly when I mentioned the need for expedited process due to a personal matter.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you challenged/changed a process. Tell me about a time something didn't work the way you wanted it to. What did you do?

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at athenahealth (Bangalore) in Apr 2021

Interview

Interview process was really smooth. All the interviews were conducted at the given date and time. Post interviews HR updated the status and kept well informed about the next rounds and lastly offer rollout time.

Interview Questions
  • Majorly questions were round product strategy and rollouts. And also scenarios based on the products which you have worked upon.

athenahealth

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth in Apr 2021

Interview

I felt the overall interview process was long. I gave 7 rounds of interviews. One HR screeening which had all sorts of questions on skills, a 30 min round with Hiring manager. After this, I was asked to schedule 5 rounds of interviews with stakeholders in a day which were back to back, each 30 min or so. The interview was highly behavioral with a focus on previous experience and situational questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why this company? Questions on previous experience, experience with certain tools, career goals, etc.

athenahealth

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at athenahealth in Mar 2021

Interview

Awful experience and unprofessional HR. The recruiter asked for a phone interview and we agreed on a time to talk. However, the recruiter did not call me or even sent me an email until I reminded. Later on we scheduled another time and the recruiter ghosted again.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth (Watertown, MA) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had applied in early 2021 on the careers page of athenaHealth. I got a call from one of the recruiters at Athena and this call was very informative. I had the following rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Initial Techno Managerial screening round : This was more dedicated towards what I had done in the past and at my current job and asking some basic questions. The interviewer had probably come with a list of questions. Asked whatever they wanted, a quick what questions do you have for me and done in 15 mins. This was a 30 minutes scheduled interview. Then they asked me to schedule a technical coding screening 1 hour round where I was asked a Leetcode medium question which I did amazingly well. I was able to come up with the most optimum solution but I felt even if I did not have the most optimum solution it would have been okay. Then they scheduled 5 onsite (due to covid, all onsite were virtual video interviews) rounds. The first was a 90 minutes technical coding. They asked me a leet code medium/hardish question which I was able to solve without any help but since it was recursion question 4 of my test cases did not pass due to stack overflow. I tried to think of a different approach but the interviewer himself mentioned that Java is probably not the right language for this question. The interviewer was helpful and definitely communicative. Then there was a 30 minutes interview with an architect and we went over the architecture of the application I was working at on my current job and the interview felt positive. Then there was another 30 minutes interview with an engineering manager and a product manager and he kept throwing technical questions at me very rapidly. He mentioned that this was some exercise that they do during interviews. I think I did pretty well in this round as well as I was able to provide answers to all their questions. Then there was another 45 minutes interview with the same person with whom I had the first techno managerial round but like before they had come up with a set of questions for me these were more behavioral focused this time and then they gave me some time to ask them some questions. At last there was a 90 minutes technical coding interview. This guy asked me a Leetcode Hard question and this one was so hard that at first it took me some time to how to approach it. By the end of it with some help from the interviewer I was able to provide a solution which passed 2 test cases but not the remaining 5. Frankly after reading the question I had become really really nervous and that definitely hampered my confidence to solve the question. After all of this the HR came back immediately and wanted my expectations. I did not provide any numbers but the next day he called and said everyone is really impressed by my performance but due to my performance in the last round they want to offer a software engineer position instead of senior software engineer and the base salary they offered was just a couple of thousand more than my current job. I said I needed some time. Frankly I had lost interest in the position after looking at the numbers they were offering. I know people who work at this company and i know the kind of work they do but their interview questions are not at all a representative of that. The interview questions are extremely difficult and I feel if someone can solve those questions they can get a job at one of the FAANG companies which offer much better salaries.

Application

Interview

The process consisted of 6 interviews. Everyone who interviewed me including the last interview told me that I would be hearing from them with good news. I then did not get the job. Very confusing and upsetting. Told me that what I do now is a perfect transition into this role and that they wish more people came from this background.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

athenahealth

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at athenahealth

Interview

I am very disappointed in the professionalism of the athenahealth HR department. I was contacted to set up a phone screen and agreed on a time which the recruiter would call me. 5 minutes AFTER the phone call was supposed to start, I received an e-mail saying she would have to reschedule to Monday or Tuesday (the call was supposed to be on a Friday). I reached out at the end of the day Monday and as I write this (Thursday morning), I have yet to hear back from the HR representative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

athenahealth

Application

I interviewed at athenahealth

Interview

Great interview process. It was a great interview process. Started off as phone interview and then a in person interview. I think they are very upfront with the kind of employees they are looking for. They want very supportive and engaging employees. I would recommend athenahealth as an employer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 667 Interviews