Business case Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Business case Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Business case Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The interview was with two managers from the relevant business team in Finance and Strategy. The “relevant business team” is the team you nominate to Telstra’s recruiters as your preferred business team. The interview was structured in three parts: 1. a 5 minute presentation on a finance-related case study; 2. behavioural interview; and 3. some time for questions for the interviewers. The case study presentation is relatively straight forward if you have prepared, but be ready to answer the interviewers’ questions about the content of the presentation. The interviewers asked standard questions during the behavioural interview such as: “1. Why have you applied to Telstra and why would you be a good fit for a role in the Finance and Strategy team? 2. Describe a time when you had to work in a team. What role did you play? What were some of the challenges you faced and what was the outcome? 3. Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership. What difficulties did you face and how did you overcome them?” Prior to the interview we were advised by Telstra’s recruitment team to answer the behavioural questions using the “CARE” method: 1. “Context” where you give a brief outline of the situation and the challenges you faced; 2. “Actions” where you talk through the key steps you took to resolve / manage the situation; 3. “Results” where you summarise the outcome of your actions; and 4. “Evidence” where you provide examples to support / back up the results you just described. It's a good idea to have prepared some questions for the interviewers about Telstra, the role, the relevant business unit, career paths etc. because there will probably be some time left at the end for these questions.

3 Answers

Hi, I was wondering what are the technical concepts the interview touches on? I also recently applied and I greatly appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks.

It could be on anything finance related - that was the difficulty, especially when you were given no forewarning from Telstra's graduate recruitment team that such questions will be asked. From memory, my question was on the treatment of depreciating assets in the income statement. My suggestion is to have a good, basic understanding of financial statements, cash flows, financial ratios and some valuation methods.

thanks fam. have my interview comming up

Why choosing coles?

2 Answers

what is revenue of inner city sydney gym

1 Answer

The business case was a scenario around an acquisition and the implications for both financial systems, including close off accounting, report time frames and issues with duplicated data entry points.

1 Answer

Calculating return on equity as part of a business case in the context of a growth strategy.

1 Answer

The final case study gave a scenario of an organisation with efficiency problem, required candidate making timely decision on both business strategy and specific process.

1 Answer

If you had to make a difference to the business in your new role, what would you do first?

1 Answer

Have you written a business case?

1 Answer

The no of ATMs in Australia.

Consulting Scenario based questions