Head of marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Head of marketing Interview Questions

head of marketing interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Please provide some examples of innovations that you have lead in previous businesses

1 Answer

Creata After conducting a full audit of the digital division, created a strategy that involved building a team, hiring leaders of excellence in their respective digital fields in house, outsourced production to Cambodia/Costa Rica and formed partnerships with key digital niche suppliers. We then establishing positive relationships with all the senior managers across all Creata divisions/territories, with the key marketing and IT decision makers at clients like McDonald’s US and Global Marketing, Coca Cola, Kellogg’s and new client EA Sport along with their respective entertainment and sports licensing partners at Dreamworks, FIFA and Pixar etc. This grew the digital footprint to be a global one and resulted in platforms for multiple high-profile clients like McDonald's, Disney, Marriott Hotels, Coca Cola and EA Sport. Each linked to the likes of Dreamworks, Fox, Warner Bros to FIFA World Cup. As a team we grew income and profitability from US$1M in income and loss of US$700K to US$14.3M and continuous profits of US$2.4M net over the period from 2008 to 2010. Bata Shoe Company - Via the use of licensing and brand development a collection of higher quality kids, athletic, women’s fashion and men’s classic footwear were developed featuring high profile licensed brands like Mr. Men and Disney combined with Bata’s global brands like Power athletics and Marie Claire ladies fashion sold through appropriate specialty outlets, the import department revenue increased 10 fold and profit grew by 1000%. Negotiated with the government to secure quota to import high value upper components at low costs, applying volumetric controls to injection machines saved $85,000 in injection materials whilst offering lighter products with high market appeal at low costs. Then, by creating new moulds, introducing new branding and pricing the product aggressively, it resulted in sales growing from 100,000 units per year to 1.8m resulting in a dramatic profit turnaround. Warner Bros Consumer Products – We leveraged the synergies and relationships within the Time Warner Group in the building of Warner Bros Movieworld, the momentum being created by the theatrical and music launch of Batman the Movie and the Prince soundtrack via major promotions with Coke and McDonald’s, a multi-layered media exposure campaign to revitalise the Looney Tunes brand that included cartoons back in the cinemas, on video releases, on TV via the development of the Bugs Bunny Show with Sophie Lee, the development of a Looney Tunes radio show featured on 72 radio stations across the country and finally the development of the Warner Bros Star Car spectacular tour featuring the Batmobile, the Police Academy cars, The Dukes of Hazard car and four Looney Cars in partnership with Westfield and KFC. The result was over 2bn media impressions in 12 months, the formation of strong bonds with all Time Warner Divisions, partnerships with major advertisers and with Myer, Target and other major retailers, a dramatic increase in retail sales from $15M to $120M and a bottom line profit that went from break even to 60% net in two years. Signature Design Archive (SDA) – We created a small team subsidised by $400k in government grants. Focusing on partnerships with some of the most significant retail organisations in the world including kate spade new york, David Jones Australia, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom and One Kings Lane, not only provided fertile ground in which our licensees could sell, but also significant marketing $$’s to build brand awareness. Kate Spade New York generated over US$8M retail sales globally as well as $2M in marketing value for Florence Broadhurst. When I left the business, Norma Rosenhain owned 100% of the shares, SDA owned the Florence Broadhurst copyright, SDA was profitable and had well established licensees across fashion, home and interiors, and the commercial interiors sector globally with growing annual retail sales exceeding $20m.

Why are you right for this role?

1 Answer

What was my retail experience

1 Answer

How do you follow work orders you may disagree with?

1 Answer

Given the overview we provided to you about our customer base, Guide us through some strategies you would implement in the first few months to meet our goals.

1 Answer

What can you bring to CRD that no-one else can?

1 Answer

Write a blog post for when system goes down

1 Answer

The questions asked were related to my career experiences and my skills, that specifically related to the role that I had applied for.

1 Answer

How would you help us scale?

Are you Married?