Information technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Information technology Interview Questions

information technology interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Technical interview questions: Part 1: Write a program that sorts the following shapes: triangle, square, circle. Part 2: Extend your solution so that it supports subtypes of shapes such as right-angled triangles, ovals etc. Was asked how I'd test the program, and if I felt it was an optimal solution. Follow up questions for technical interview: Which language do you use? Why? How do you keep up to date with technology?

2 Answers

Worked through a potential solution on a whiteboard. Asked questions to the interviewers to prompt requirements, but very few/vague responses were given (e.g., Q: "How am I given this data?" A: "How do you think you're given the data"). I felt the interviewers were not very assistive and didn't try supporting me when I was clearly under stress. Gave me negative remarks such as "we'll give you enough rope to hang yourself with" which was a pretty derogatory and unprofessional thing to say in an interview, I think. So I had to base my solution on assumptions using functional programming approaches. Ran through importing data via JSON format, what that format would be, how I would validate it and group the data together. They suggested by "sort" they meant "group by" and that I had to deal with the vagueness of the question. Was quizzed why I didn't choose a object-oriented solution. Explained that the problem was pretty small and trivial to require a large-scale object-oriented approach, but nonetheless I went through how it could work if it were OO.

I scored around 70% in this and no luck either.

Why you leaving your company ?

Tell me about yourself

1 Answer

What can you do to remove all the saved DNS addresses?

1 Answer

write a function that will return 1-n separated by a comma. Once completed we optimized to get the best efficiency and time complexity.

For my background check?

1 Answer

Employee rang and said they had email problem. What do you do

1 Answer

When did you feel proud of yourself

1 Answer

good range of day to day issue questions

1 Answer

After initial shortlisting,HR will contact you to find more information and salary expectation. Based on this they will do further shortlisting and invite you to meet to assess general fitment: - Explain you about roles and - Ask more question about your interest, expectation etc

110 of 263 Interview Questions