Medical science liaison Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Medical science liaison Interview Questions

medical science liaison interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

All bar one question were standard. But the exception made me uncomfortable, and it was asked twice, in two separate occasions: “How do you feel about working in a team of women?”

1 Answer

Obviously I answered truthfully and said I’d be fine with that, as I would in a team of men or a mixed team. But it was so odd, and I’d question whether it was appropriate. It left me thinking no matter what, they’re clearly looking for a woman to fill the position, and I’m here for this 2 month long interview process, just to make up the numbers. In the end, I was knocked back because of lack of commercial experience. That, despite setting up my own biotechnology team and being a hospitality manager for a decade at the same time.

Standard, plus behavioural. But I was asked the same, very same question, on two separate occasions, which I felt was weird if not borderline improper: ‘Can you work with a team of women?’ As a man it felt rather uncomfortable, and that when I didn’t get the job due to not quite enough commercial experience (despite setting up a biotechnology company and running a restaurant for a number of years), that I had no chance anyway and that they were looking for female. I don’t know if that’s who they went for in the end yet, but it didn’t feel right. Plus the number of months I committed to the interview process.

1 Answer

Describe a time when you had to give negative feedback to somebody/colleague

What clinical experience do you have that will help you to be successful in this role?

Conflict resolution