nearmap Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

nearmap Interview Questions

Interviews at nearmap

2.6

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap in May 2020.

Interview

Normal process - internal recruiters, additional team member interviews, etc.

Very frustrating, confusing and even aggravating. Our final interaction never really happened. All of the calls, time and processes and then I never heard from the internal recruiter again (despite my reaching out). I eventually conversed with another management player who seemed equally confused and frustrated.

These guys are lost. They keep saying how things are going so well. How the numbers are so good. How their people are so happy. And how culture is so important to them.

Yet they keep turning over the top of HR, Sales, etc. Hmmm.

They have by far the best technology in the business but their multiple years of questionable leadership and competence will allow their competitors to soon catch and eventually pass them.

I have a feeling I will be viewing this process in my career as "addition by subtraction" - i.e. I probably just dodged a bullet.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Scum of the earth all of them. I never had the most unprofessional experience in my life. Stay away and avoid them like the plague. Even their office space sucks, dumpster fire. I I walked out in the middle of the interview, unclassy individuals. Do not waste your time, I am telling you!!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at nearmap.

Interview

Reached out to me via email for an in-person interview at their office about three weeks after I sent in my application. The interview was an hour long and consisted of two parts-- first going over my background and skillset, and the second involving more about my general approach to work and discussion about the environment of the company. They reached out to me about two weeks later informing me of their decision.

Interview Questions

• 1. How has your experience prepared you for this role?
      2. Describe a situation where you experienced conflict and how you ultimately dealt with the issue.
      3. Tell us about a time you taught yourself something. What was it and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative - NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at nearmap (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

A big joke. Phone screening with The HR coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah office) she scheduled me an interview for 8am, and when I told her it was the wrong timezone, she said no. Of course I showed up at their WeWork office (yep, they're THAT successful, they cannot afford a real NYC office.) I showed up at 8am, and no one is there, then at 10:20am the interviewer called me asking where am I. I have no one's information besides the amazing hr coordinator, and I got not even an apology for the lack of respect for my wasted time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with a company like this!! awful!!

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. Received an invite for a phone screen with a recruiter and after completing that was invited for an on-site interview. I met with the manager and spoke with him for a bit. He mentioned he'd like to schedule a phone sales interview through the recruiter and that he needed to step out. I met with a couple other employees and had a good conversation. I didn't hear back from either the recruiter or the manager for a few days. After reaching out the manager said he'd be in touch and just a few hours later I received a form email saying they were moving in a different direction. I felt like that was extremely unprofessional in his hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are you 100% certain about, but no one else is in agreement?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (South Jordan, UT (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of working through a retained outside recruiter and then an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. The second interview was a video conference with the hiring manager. The third round consisted of an in person interviews with the GM, hiring manager, other member of the team, and a video conference with the CFO. Feedback was provided via the recruiter at each step in the process and the process moved rapidly despite the numerous interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interviews tended to be more free flowing discussions rather than canned pre-planned lists of questions.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at nearmap.

Interview

Brief background questions
    Very guided interview with plenty of instant feedback, I always knew where I stood.
    Helped me understand what was required from the position, what I could expect, and gave me a vision of what the company could be and what my role could be in the company.
    Best interview I've ever had, with quick results and decisions.
    I had an offer face to face in the first interview.

NA Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at nearmap (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Initial phone conversation with recruiter who was very good. She asked me specific, measurable questions, many were behavioral-based /open ended allowing me to fully explain my history and suitability for the role
    2. Brief phone interview with Global HR Manager - terrible. The "interview questions" were sent to me via email in advance of my phone interview and she expected me to fill this in before talking. Backward and ancient way of recruiting, seemed odd at this position level.

Interview Questions

• - Methodology around Sales Process/Selling
       - Biggest deal closed
       - Subscription Selling experience   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (Sydney) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn, first contact via phone call and then a Zoom interview due (COVID-19) with Dev Ops Manager and outgoing IT Manager.

Was advised I would have a response back in 1 week, 3 weeks have passed and nothing. After reading their reviews on Google, seems best of me not to take the role.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at nearmap (Sydney) in December 2019.

Interview

Introductory telephone conversation for an operations manager role description. The actual role is a for short term junior project management with no relationship to the extensive role description circulated. If you applied in good faith for the position described in the original advertisement, you will be disappointed. Having read the other Glassdoor reviews, this company has a long way to go to being the ethical organisation it aspires to.

Interview Questions

• Let me come back to your outsourcing experience again, how did you work with the outsource teams?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.