Principal software engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Principal software engineer Interview Questions

principal software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Complete functions within an application. Build a staircase, find a sub-list within a list. convert long to string in base 7. Look and say sequence. Control robot arm.

2 Answers

I attempted to complete as much as I could given my limited syntax knowledge of the other available languages. Java, Javascript, Objective C

Thanks for sharing. Do you still remember the details of those questions, e.s.p the 1st and last ones ?

Implement a method 'find' that will find the starting index (zero based) where the second list occurs as a sub-list in the first list. It should return -1 if the sub-list cannot be found. Arguments are always given, not empty. Sample Input 1 list1 = (1, 2, 3) list2 = (2, 3) Sample Output 1 1 Explanation As second list (2, 3) is sub-list in first list (1, 2, 3) at index 1 Sample Input 2 list1 = (1, 2, 3) list2 = (3, 2) Sample Output 2 -1

1 Answer

Standard algorithms and programming language pair coding, personality & fit test, discussions of high-level system implementations and management styles.

How to find common elements between two lists ? and no of comparisons required?

1. Longest common substring (DP) 2. Binary tree problem (Dont remember)