Product owner Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Product owner Interview Questions

product owner interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

1. Given a choice of 10 potential experiments, how do you determine which ones to do? 2. Say we tried experiment X and failed to generate the returns we’re looking for, how do you diagnose the issue? 3. Given what you know about Canva, what would do if our current growth channels plateaus? Why? 4. Look at and explore www.canva.com. What are 5 things you’d do to grow active users? Include your math. 5. Let's say the CEO asks you if searches are up on the weekends year over year? You check the data and they are. What else do you look at before you communicate your findings? 6. Let's say you see data that looks at email sends by user state for a specific email: Dormant (not in last 30 days) 5% Core (DAU) 45% Casual (WAU) 30% Marginal (MAU) 15% Resurrected (wasn't in last 30 days, then came back as WAU) 5% 7. Let's say you walk in one morning and see a report that says signups from a particular channel drops 20% day over day? What do you do to identify the cause? 8. A colleague suggests we should send more emails to drive growth. How do you determine if we should do it? 9. Let's say Canva is considering is considering an additional business model that allows new users to use unlimited amount of design elements for a single subscription price. How do you determine its potential impact? 10. Let's say Canva asks you to figure out which locale the International team should establish a local presence in. How would you go about answering this question and why? 11: Let’s say a colleague suggests we should double our customer service because it’s important. How would you verify such claims? 12. What do you think is the most thought provoking article about data that you have read? 13. What is one thing you think is right that most people don’t agree with you about? (this is not a nice-to-have question)

1 Answer

3. Given what you know about Canva, what would do if our current growth channels plateaus? Why? Currently Canva is in initiation stages, we can focus on enhancing our customer base for the same growth channels. Few things we can explore and enhances for the current growth channels are Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social ads, Offline adverts like TV, magazines, billboards, Radio channels. Canva can also look into public relations from our enterprise clients, Participating in Tech Trade shows. Even after enhancing all these areas, we find that our growth is depleting we can look into expanding our product range to match the requirements of a particular set of customers. Canva can tailor some of its products specifically for High School and University students. Reason behind choosing students is eventually this aspect can turn into a channel in itself. A student from year 8 to 3 years of Unit can be counted as a customer who will have a life of 10 years. Various of Canva’s products can be used to complete projects, assignments and presentation. We can tailor our product to suit their needs accordingly. Few other sources of customer expansion are in corporate environments where we can look into product license leasing, domain name purchases, cloud storage environment. Analysis needs to be conducted to understand cost-benefit ratio for the new channels. 4. Look at and explore www.canva.com. What are 5 things you’d do to grow active users? Include your math. Below are the 5 things that comes to my mind from the customer’s point of view. 1. Provide video trainings for new product launches. My honest opinion is that Canva’s website should provide more user friendly experience if we are targeting competitive products like those of adobe, microsoft or google. Current user experience is very comfortable for tech savvy crowd and youth. However if are looking expanding to customers who are either not tech savvy or donot have the time to read and learn from the portal. 2. Provide real-time support via web chat or contact centre. Briefly going through different pages, tutorials, banner I am not able to locate either a contact number or an email where I can send an email and have my queries resolved. So there is no way for a customer to have the questions answered. This can give a very misleading view about canva. While as an active customer I like the product but if I do have a doubt I donot know or easily know how to reachout. I strongly believe this would help us in developing a trust relation with our customers. 3. Filter the site for region based on Geo-Locations. Canva App has customers in 179 countries and it is very impressive for an organisation to have customers across the world however the website is www.canva.com. Even though Australia has people from all over the world, it has a very rich culture and though process. As an Australian a product being tailored to Australia is a very important and a basic requirements. Coming from this perspective Canva needs to auto filter the pages to geo-based locations. Have portals registered separately for individual countries and languages to suite the country settings. Eg: Colour in AU is spelt as Color in US. So if I am using a product to present my business ideas to Australian client, I will prefer a product which will automatically change the language settings to AU. 4. Clicking on different banners/pages logs me out. My current experience is that the portal opens up a new page whenever I click on any page/banner and the my login token expires with the new pages opening. This experience can be improved by being able to click on a link and its opens in the same page. Also once logged in the same session continues across any new pages opened. 5. Rate a product. I will add a page for product reviews on the portal. On this page customers will be able to provide their feedback about a product and be able to read reviews from customers who have used one or more of our products. 5. Let's say the CEO asks you if searches are up on the weekends year over year? You check the data and they are. What else do you look at before you communicate your findings? · I will check if there is a significant difference between weekdays vs weekend searches. · I will identify if there is a pattern in high search weekends. · I will look for any campaigns that went live over weekends. · I may also conduct quick 5 minutes survey to understand how customers responds to this question. This will give me an insight onto how Canva’s customer thinks. These are some of the things that I will look into before concluding my findings back to the CEO.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time scenarios .

1 Answer

6. Let's say you see data that looks at email sends by user state for a specific email: Dormant (not in last 30 days) 5% Core (DAU) 45% Casual (WAU) 30% Marginal (MAU) 15% Resurrected (wasn't in last 30 days, then came back as WAU) 5% The objective of email is to get people back to the site. What does this data tell you from a growth perspective? Are we under-sending to any user states?

Related to scrum.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time scenarios .

110 of 22 Interview Questions