Research scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Research scientist Interview Questions

research scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Explain machine learning algorithm 'X' that you use day to day. Explain difference between Random Forest and XGBoost.

1 Answer

Interviewer was after the maths behind (and how you would explain it to a manager). Personally this is bizarre, you explain results not maths. Regardless seems like random forest and XGgboost are must know algorithms despite there being literally hundreds of other methods. Seems like knowing DL is a negative at woolworths.

Standard questions why you would like to work for that company and give examples of your previous work experience, describe your tasks in detail. Additionally, how will I go about living in remote areas and if I have been living in areas like that.

1 Answer

Quantify in number of years, the amount of experience you have working with machine learning algorithms

1 Answer

How do you maximise profit based on the outcomes of data analysis?

1 Answer

They gave study case from tableau and we need to explain what the chart means, and give insights based on it mostly on background check and i think lots of it regarding cultural fit , Basically like looking for someone who can become a good teammate

1 Answer

1. Simple algorithm design and problem solving 2. IQ test 3. Financial related questions 4. Machine learning 5. programming skills

1 Answer

What is random forest? How do you deal with overfitting problem?

1 Answer

I was asked to solve a Kaggle competition - one which was relevant to the Coles' line of business.

1 Answer

Can you spend time not working for long periods

1 Answer

What are the assumptions in linear regressions

110 of 29 Interview Questions