- Work/Life Balance
- Culture & Values
- Career Opportunities
- Comp & Benefits
- Senior Management
Employees rate Cape Town 41.5% lower than the overall average
BD Cape Town (South Africa) isn't hiring right now. Check out all BD jobs
I worked at BD full-time (More than 10 years)
1. Sufficient Training and support in doing duties
2. Good benefits: car, medical, bonus etc
3. Best place to travel to many places
4. Equipment is technically multidisciplinary, there good for getting experience
1. Excessive unscheduled travelling
2. No goodwill to grow associate in his/her area of interest even within the company. Only focused on interest of company. Many employees have lost jobs due to changing location and business strategy without informing associates of the reality
3. Biased towards salary and benefits. Individuals working in harshest conditions could have huge salary differences especially when the more experienced and does more variety of jobs gets less than or same as a newbie
4. Preaches ethics in its policies but hardly practices it in reality when doing business. Goes to the extent of manipulating surveys to get rated best employee in region whilst having the hugest employee turn over !
5. Employee reward scheme is based on personal bias
6. Horizontal company with very little room for vertical growth. Any promotion is normally a façade, slight salary increase with hardly much real responsibility
7. Lack of vision by its leaders. Chest thumping for being leaders in flow-cytometry and not investing in research, until CD4 business is affected by Viral Load standard passed by UNAIDS/WHO.
Advice to Management
Invest in your greatest resource ie the people and since your rules apply to any associate anywhere in the world, do the same in terms of renumeration and benefits. Let it equally apply for you to be truly ethical as claimed by values.
Get this page going by posting a photo. It only takes a second, and your photos are anonymous.Share a Photo
Get this page going by posting a salary. It only takes a second, and your salary information is anonymous.Post a Salary
Get this page going by posting your interview experience. It only takes a second, and your information is anonymous.Post an Interview