Mission: People make us who we are and it is only natural that we encourage teamwork, involvement, responsibility and mutual respect.
Excellence is a value that inspires us to deliver high quality work externally as well as internally and to constantly improve our ...
I have been working at Avangate full-time (More than 5 years)
- Industry – Avangate is active in a very hot market, so if you’re looking to work in an industry that constantly grows and evolves, this is the right place
- Product - the company has built and is always working on improving a solution that’s truly special and unique. Every new feature or enhancement is picked and developed with the customers’ and market’ needs in mind. The focus is always on being a true partner and help customers grow their business
- People – I found in Avangate some of the brightest, friendliest and hardest working people I've ever had the pleasure of working with. They’re enthusiastic and passionate about their work and almost everyone is ready to lend a hand and make time to answer questions or give advice. You need to look very hard to stumble on a closed door (be it manager or pear). You can’t help but feel as if you’re part of one big family with all the help, understanding and challenges that come with it
- Culture – Avangate still has a start-up-like agility and enthusiasm and this transpires in the overall culture. It’s a fun place to work in, with smart colleagues who make the work environment challenging and mentally stimulating – it’s easy to speak your mind and share your ideas (from peer to C level) and this is highly encouraged, and it’s as equally easy to be challenged on them, in a constructive and genuine way. Even as the company is growing, our culture and values are deeply embedded into the way we run business and the way we treat each other. We’re human, so not everything is perfect of course, but everyone is respectful and committed to helping each other so it’s fairly easy to get over non-perfect situations
- Professional growth - It’s a great place to learn and grow professionally and the company is constantly investing in the professional development of the employees, through events, specialized trainings and career change options (both horizontal and vertical). Everyone comes from different backgrounds and there’s a culture of knowledge sharing and helping each other grow and tackle challenges. The various departments aren’t completely isolated and there is a lot of cross-functional and cross-border interactions and projects which usually widens your exposure to new information and knowledge. There are endless opportunities to grow as the company grows, especially after the 2Checkout acquisition and the new product direction
There are always bumps along the road for any company that’s growing and Avangate is no exception from the rule. As the company is expanding, you might experience some of the usually pains: changes in infrastructure, tools, departments, documentation, and processes and this can be disorienting at best and frustrating at worst
Advice to Management
Continue to communicate to the employees on how the company continues to grow and lead its market, even as it expands into new markets
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avangate in June 2016.
Interview was done over the phone and then in person. Very basic questions and did not involve anything too difficult.
They initially missed the phone interview time frame and had to call back later in the week, which was frustrating at the time.