- Paris, France
- 501 to 1000 Employees
- 7 Locations
- Type: Company - Private
- Founded in 2014
- Revenue: $25 to $50 million (USD)
- Internet & Web Services
The latest conversations about Tech
a day ago
So I recently got an offer at Tiktok but I’m not actually interested in joining due to their poor WLB. TC is currently 30% higher than what I make. Can I share this with my manager and ask for a counter offer? Counter offer seems pretty common at our company, but they don’t necessarily match the bump exactly, which is fine. Is there a chance that he is taken aback that I’ve been interviewing during work time and kicks me out? Don’t want to take the risk of actually accepting Tiktok…
8 hours ago
Director of Marketing
So I wanted to share this... Was contacted by the General Manager for a very senior (new) role at another start-up and this was the experience..... week 1 - 30 minute call. week 2 - 45 minute call. week 3 - 1 hour prepared presentation of my marcom achievements. week 5 - 1.5 hour prepared MOCK 2024 marketing plan... quite extensive week 7 - 45 minute team meet week 7 - SORRY BUT EVEN THOUGH YOU CHECK ALL THE BOXES, WE ARE GOING ANOTHER ROUTE Is this the norm? beyond painful
Got a burning question about Back Market? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Back Market employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Back Market Reviews
- Young (but somewhat naive/wreckless) team - Fun environment - Travel - Annual All Hands event where people go crazy (and wreckless) - Great group of people - Unique culture and company values
- Company operates on thin margins with lots of overhead and cost centers, so the company is practically unprofitable - Have seen multiple executive-level leaders with significant experience walk off the job - Misguided priorities and constant roadmap shifts in many departments - Many failed projects and initiatives where people were hired for a specific purpose/initiative that eventually failed, leading to layoffs - Gatekeeping of information, roles, promotions - New employees often set up to fail - Frequent and chaotic reorgs that occurred multiple times while I was an employee - Bad and often fruitless/ineffective marketing campaigns; campaigns have very little to no impact/traction - DEI is a big investment at back market but is quite useless "lip service" - Too much emphasis on culture and lifestyle, not business - Company is heavily focused on French culture and market, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but management, leadership and executive decisions are all centralized in France; this can handicap the growth of other markets - Company is failing to scale and building poor/mediocre products services and features, which is creating a lot of tech debt - No code and "tape and glue" solutions to issues that ultimately require engineering resources - E-Commerce is naturally difficult and unprofitable due to constantly evolving and unrealistic customer expectations - Employees get culture and team building events, but in return get bad pay
Back Market Interviews
- Anonymous Employee in FranceNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
InterviewJ'ai passé un premier entretien d'environ 30 minutes lors duquel j'ai présenté mon parcours et les raisons qui m'ont amené à postuler. Nous avons ensuite creusé tout cela, puis on m'a envoyé un cas pratique.Interview
Pouvez-vous me présenter votre parcours professionnel ?Answer Question
See All 121 interviews
We're officially B Corp certified! We're excited to have this official certification and join other businesses that are making a real change in the world. It’s just one stop on our endless journey to bring more sustainability to tech. Check out our impact data here: https://www.backmarket.com/en-us/c/news/impact-of-refurbished-on-environment backmarket.com #sustainability #bcorp #backmarket
Wanna know why interns decided to join Back Market? See episode 2!
Back Market Awards & Accolades
- Best Workplace for Innovators, Fast Company, 2021
- Top 10 French Startups, LinkedIn, 2021
Popular Careers with Back Market Job Seekers
Back Market FAQ
All answers shown come directly from Back Market Reviews and are not edited or altered.
People Also Ask about Back Market
Employees rate Back Market 4 out of 5 stars based on 174 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor.
Overall, 82% of employees would recommend working at Back Market to a friend. This is based on 174 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor.
47% of job seekers rate their interview experience at Back Market as positive. Candidates give an average difficulty score of 2.8 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty) for their job interview at Back Market.
69% of employees think that Back Market has a positive business outlook. This is based on anonymous employee reviews submitted on Glassdoor.