- Many intelligent people in this organisation and you can learn a lot from them
- Always surrounded by new ideas & trends, never get bored
- Great culture, great team
- Opportunity for growth
- Great reward for hard work
- A lot to learn
- If you do not like reading, learning and take in new ideas Forrester is not the place for you to work
I applied online. I interviewed at Forrester.
Phone Interview - The person who conducted the interview seems to be based in India who handles APAC region. He was very arrogant and rude. I would not want to be working for a company where the HR is only bothered at getting a person at minimum salary hire to do the job and recruiter was a red flag as to how potential managers and company is functioning. Recruiter is also suppose to sell the company. He certainly sold the company in a negative way. When time to ask questions, he said there is only 5minutes to ask questions. There is no mutual respect. The call did not start per schedule due to the recruiter. Very bad experience.
VIDEO: Forrester employees want to make a difference. Forrester Cares gives them the support to help make an impact in their communities. (01:37)
Here's a message our Chief People Officer, Lucia Quinn, sent to all employees today: